RIP Dean Bailey

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to share my condolences to anyone directly affected by this loss. By all accounts, he was a great man, and definitely taken too early. My hearts and thoughts with his friends and family, including all of the Adelaide FC.

I was worried when Sando on AFL360 last week referred to it being an "aggressive" cancer. But geez, so quickly. ******* cancer.

I have friends in medicine, when it came out, they all told me he'd be lucky to have 6 months left; the cancer he had was a bastard of a thing.

Always a tragedy when someone is taken too young - my sympathies go out to his family and friends.

Vale Bails.

I don't know what else to say. Shocked and gutted.

Shocking news, will be sadly missed by the whole SA Football community

RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rest peacefully Dean. Absolutely gutted for his family, friends and the AFC. One of life's and the AFLs true gentleman gone far too young.

RIP Dean.

This is not the time but I wonder what toll the tanking debacle took on him.

I would doubt any. Unfortuantely those of us who have seen loved ones go through this type of cancer feared the worst from the start. The club did the right thing by downplaying the seriouness of the illness, which allowed Dean a bit of space and privacy. It's a horrible death and I am sure all our thoughts go to his family.

Totally shocked.
Sorry to hear the bad news guys.
Condolences to the BAILEY FAMILY and all supporters and staff at the Adelaide Footy club.

Gee on 47 and was diagnosed 3 months ago.

RIP Dean and will be sorely missed by all in the footy world !

My condolences to you guys and the Adelaide Football Club. Especially to his friends and family.

RIP Dean.

Feel for his family, know what they are going through. I am sure they have the best support around them now and I hope that it continues long term.

Really horrible, tragic news. 47 years of age is just so damn young. I really feel for his family.

It's been said that the measure of a person is how those who knew them remember them in death. The widespread display of respect and mourning from the entire footy community shows us exactly how highly Dean was thought of.

He won't be forgotten.

Last edited:
Terribly sad news. I know how his family will be feeling. I lost a brother to this and its not a nice thing to have. Takes a lot of courage to fight it and I guess that is what Bails is all about...courage.

RIP. He was a good man.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back