Rizzo's Best Bets

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a subscriber but am inclined to take Rizzo at his word.

I generally am not a fan of paying others for tips.

Rizzo is a long-time contributor to this forum and s**t sometimes happens.

Could it have been handled better?

Sure, but Rizzo has assured all subscribers they will be taken care of.

well someone then explain what his excuse is with the spring carnival comp.

7 weeks ago it finished.

He has only to update cup week totals and post results.

I'd say your looking at 2 hours work tops and yet in 7 weeks that cannot be done.

To me that is just pathetic.

I'm likely a top 3 finisher and a weekly prize winner as well in it but I'll tell you now I have written off getting the prizes due to me.

To give a comparison I won a similar spring comp on another site which also had many dozens of entries, ran for more than 3 months, was updated by the runner every sunday and the $500 first prize was in my account the monday after it finished on emirates stakes day.

No one asked Rizzo to run it but if you accept the job at least have the respect to the participants to follow through with it. ;)

I for 1 wouldn't hesitate in purchasing rizzo's premium bets in the future once he is back up and running for the risk of lossing 20-50 bucks its a risk im willing to take im up over a grand on premium tips alone in the past 2 months :thumbsu:

Well good to see he is alive, cant cop that he wasnt online due to PC problems the same time Clint was off as well? Seriously. Esp as he has posted on here previously from his phone when at the track.

If giving a refund to clients why not do it today and get any cred you have lost back?

but draw your own conclusions.

consult chief maybe? especially regarding the spring racing carnival comp. even consult IASbet themselves.

even though the sums involved are relatively small it's worth making sure you get what you have essentially paid for.

well someone then explain what his excuse is with the spring carnival comp.

7 weeks ago it finished.

He has only to update cup week totals and post results.

I'd say your looking at 2 hours work tops and yet in 7 weeks that cannot be done.

To me that is just pathetic.

I'm likely a top 3 finisher and a weekly prize winner as well in it but I'll tell you now I have written off getting the prizes due to me.

To give a comparison I won a similar spring comp on another site which also had many dozens of entries, ran for more than 3 months, was updated by the runner every sunday and the $500 first prize was in my account the monday after it finished on emirates stakes day.

No one asked Rizzo to run it but if you accept the job at least have the respect to the participants to follow through with it. ;)

You're right, when I started it I had a lot of time, then I got creamed with work / other commitments. It will be done tonight now I have my computer back. I will then PM winners and get IASbet numbers etc. You have to remember I ran it without a hitch last year, but it is my own fault for committing myself and then losing time. I appologise.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a subscriber but am inclined to take Rizzo at his word.

I generally am not a fan of paying others for tips.

Rizzo is a long-time contributor to this forum and s**t sometimes happens.

Could it have been handled better?

Sure, but Rizzo has assured all subscribers they will be taken care of.

Thanks. You are right. It should have been handled much better, I should have popped into a mates house and posted or whatever, but i honestly thought everyone would know that it must have been computer issues and not me doing a runner. I thought I had enough trust on here to think I would not do anything shifty.

Because he doesnt have his clients details Dutchy, didnt you know that!!

So in a nutshell, here are Rizzos excuses, which some people seem to be taking onboard quite well.

Bigfooty and RBB blocked by filters at work

Said has not been on bigfooty, but last log in was 14th dec

Clint has family issues

No internet access due to busted comp

Working long hours, then knocking off, and it is close to xmas??

Has no-ones records??

Asked if someone was owed money, yet people have said it is only tips they are owed

Said everyone who paid got their tips

Said clints comp had s**t itself, but now it is family issues

Runs the site but has none of the greyhound stuff, that is all clints

Says he has emailed people, but seems that atleast one member didn’t get this so called email

Employs people with questionable history as evidenced by other thread

Has he provided an answer about the comp or whatever it was from September??

It is pretty laughable if people accept that as being true an correct.

Each to their own thogh

1) Filters do block these sites, I am sure yourself as a worker would know that not all websites can be accessed from work.
2) Not sure how my last log in was Dec 14... If it was it surely wasn't me...
3) He does... Got an issue with that?
4) Yep
5) I'm not sure what you are getting at here? It is long hours...
6) I only have the records for my horse racing subscribers, Clint was dealing with the greyhounds.
7) $$ = Tips yes?
8) Everyone who paid during spring got their tips, everyone who paid for horse racing got their tips. Everyone who paid for Clints tips got their tips until he had family issues and my computer crashed. This is where the problems started.
9) It did, he missed one day, got a new hard drive and tips were sent again. He then got family issues... They were not one in the same.
10) Yes that is right. Clint manages the Greyhounds, I manage the Horses. Clint has access to see all the payments that are coming in, he runs his own database, and I run my own horse racing database.
11) I am happy to provide the screen shots of these emails. I only emailed my horse racing subscribers as they were the only email addresses I had on record. Greyhound emails are done by Clint from a SEPERATE hotmail account.
12) I don't "employ" anyone.
13) See other posts.

Further to this, I find it hard to believe that people would actually think I would run off with only a couple of hundred dollars. Considering I had 30+ subscribers during the spring carnvial and $1000+ in my pay pal from this, I would have gone then if I wanted to. In fact, during spring everyone got their tips on time and they did quite well. If for whatever reason I left someone out from the group email, they were either refunded or given selections for another meet.

This has been nothing short of a complete **** up by me. Yes, I made a mistake by not informing everyone, Yes, I was naive in thinking that people would have jumped to a different conclusion. I have ALWAYS been open about who I am (my profile on the site gives you enough info about me to find me). If I was going to run a scam, I wouldn't be putting my name, employer and other personal information for everyone to see.

You also have to remember that I am a moderater, me running with people's money would see me kicked off the site, or my reputation on this site would be so damaged there would be no point me posting here anymore.

My website would also be useless, and the money I have put into it would have just been one big waste. I am not going to ruin my website and reputation for a couple of hundred dollars.

Everyone who has paid for tips will get their refunds for what is owed, there is not worry about that. Money will be refunded starting this afternoon to the people. I will pay this into designated bank accounts as then we have proper deposit reciepts ect.

come to think of it, he would have the details on paypal of all greyhound subscribers

Yes, but not a computer to issue refunds. There were also some subscribers who paid via bank deposit.

His computer must be over at NASA getting deprogrammed and pimped out with all his winnings

Just Dell hehe. Had to be sent away for insurance stuff. I got it delivered to my house today :)

but draw your own conclusions.

consult chief maybe? especially regarding the spring racing carnival comp. even consult IASbet themselves.

even though the sums involved are relatively small it's worth making sure you get what you have essentially paid for.

Funny picture. As mentioned the competition results will be done. Entry into the competition was free. As mentioned before as well, time constraints killed me, but everyone who won will get their prizes. Now I have my computer back I will do this tonight.

PM's and emails have been sent to people who need refunds. If you have not got anything and think you're entitled to a refund please PM me and I will sort it out. I have also issued refunds to others who were lineball so check your paypal just incase.

Rizzo has made some pretty big mistakes in the last couple of weeks but some posters are blowing it way out of proportion. Yes he could of (and should of) made sure everyone was well informed on the issues that RBB was having and could of handled it alot better.
Using the age old expression, don't judge the guy until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Rizzo works full time, selects his tips of a morning, maintains what is essentially a small business and has a life outside of both betting and work.
Eventually at some stage it had to all catch up to him and it so happens that it was over the last couple of weeks which is a busy time of year for everybody. Rizzo has banked on something (his BF credability) to tide him over in the mean time while he has tried to sort everything out and has since realised that it was not enough to make do during the elongated downtime when coupled with his Facebook and Twitter usage over this period.
So a guy makes a mistake, everyone does, and if there is anyone on the punting board I would trust with my money it would be Rizzo. No one else makes themselves as transparent as Rizzo, I can't pick up the phone and give anyone else on this board a call but I can call Rizzo at his place of work and ask for him by name or drive down and see him person to person.
In short give the guy a break, he has selflessly provided some very profitable ventures to everyone on BF in the past and will no doubt continue to do so in the future. Instead of lynching him for his past two weeks, look at the bigger picture of the last 4 years and judge him on this instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just so everyone is aware. The first lot of payments to people that were owed tips were sent out, so should be in over the next 48 hours. They carry the description RBBrefund.

FREE tips will be back on the site as of tomorrow and people who have paid for my horse racing form will get them on Friday for Sunday.

Rizzo has made some pretty big mistakes in the last couple of weeks but some posters are blowing it way out of proportion. Yes he could of (and should of) made sure everyone was well informed on the issues that RBB was having and could of handled it alot better.
Using the age old expression, don't judge the guy until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Rizzo works full time, selects his tips of a morning, maintains what is essentially a small business and has a life outside of both betting and work.
Eventually at some stage it had to all catch up to him and it so happens that it was over the last couple of weeks which is a busy time of year for everybody. Rizzo has banked on something (his BF credability) to tide him over in the mean time while he has tried to sort everything out and has since realised that it was not enough to make do during the elongated downtime when coupled with his Facebook and Twitter usage over this period.
So a guy makes a mistake, everyone does, and if there is anyone on the punting board I would trust with my money it would be Rizzo. No one else makes themselves as transparent as Rizzo, I can't pick up the phone and give anyone else on this board a call but I can call Rizzo at his place of work and ask for him by name or drive down and see him person to person.
In short give the guy a break, he has selflessly provided some very profitable ventures to everyone on BF in the past and will no doubt continue to do so in the future. Instead of lynching him for his past two weeks, look at the bigger picture of the last 4 years and judge him on this instead.

Thanks for the kind words. I know I have to gain trust back in some people's eyes, but that is ok. I have always been open about myself and will continue to do so. If anyone ever has any questions about my site/moderation of bigfooty. I am more than happy to call them on the phone and talk in person.

Selections for today are up... And as a xmas present to this board for their understanding, there will be free premium for Geelong on Sunday :thumbsu:

Selections for today are up. As a special for Christmas enjoy free premium form for Geelong today.

Merry Christmas :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back