Preview Rnd 22 - Carlton v Hawthorn @ Etihad Friday 19th Aug @ 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this will be a really close match.

I'm also predicting that with tagging, increased pressure from the opposition some of the less known/publicised players will start to shine.

I'm predicting Simpson, Thornton and Robinson to have a big game.

I reckon Garlett is due for a bag too (no posters please Jeffy!!)

Long time follower, first time poster.
Is anyone giving us a chance ? FFS ! I must admit, early doors, I was a little concerned, I think due to the constant media hype over you know who.
But the more I think about it and go over potential match ups I think where definitely in with a shout.
I like 45 on Cyril and am not against 23 on Buddy as some seem to be. Me thinks 12 is a potential match up on Hodgey - has the discipline to commit to the task without waivering. 44 to Mitchell.
Hope 13 carves 'em up with his dash and disposal. His defensive ethic has improved lately - liking him more than previous - if that's possible.
Carn lads. Can't wait.

I'm the opposite. Love the banter on MMM....Hate it when Garry's obvious Carlton hate comes out (almost always). I'm a Brayshaw fan *ducks for cover* *GET AROUND HIM, PUSHUPPPP!!!*

Yet Lyon tends to tip us more than most. Sammy Newman on the other hand, rarely tips us in a 50/50 contest and when he does tip us, he tries to spit it out and move on ASAP with no further discussion.

Seems many Hawks supporters have heard the rumour about Jamo not playing. Seems unlikely as he was ready to play somewhere, just a matter of where. He can hardly pull out and play for the Ants this week or we will cop a fine. They may decide to give him one more week off however. It could also be payback for the Sewell out, Osbourne in rumour that some of our supporters are running with.

Seems many Hawks supporters have heard the rumour about Jamo not playing. Seems unlikely as he was ready to play somewhere, just a matter of where. He can hardly pull out and play for the Ants this week or we will cop a fine. They may decide to give him one more week off however. It could also be payback for the Sewell out, Osbourne in rumour that some of our supporters are running with.

I can absolutely confirm that as of yesteday afternoon Jamo is playing and will most likley line up on Hale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really nervous about this game and it feels like a final to me.

Am really scared of Buddy and Cyril and if they fire i hold little hope and our midfield really need to dominate and i am sensing a big game from Jeffy Garlett tonight up forward if we do.

We match up o.k up forward and i am confident we can kick a decent score but down back may be the problem and the Hawks can really turn it on if we are lacking in defensive pressure.

Go Blues anyway and i cannot wait. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I just need to see what sort of resolve we have. We need to dispel this flat track bullies label we have had thrust on us.
and the Friday night lazy boys the can never beat the insert any postcode Hawks tag etc

I just need to see what sort of resolve we have. We need to dispel this flat track bullies label we have had thrust on us.

Yep - and not interested in a brave defeat by 15-20 points as in the Collingwood game.

We want a win !!

Not so worried about Buddy and Cyril - reckon we will have a plan for them - but more someone else bobbing up who we have 'taken our eye off.'.

Carrazzo came back into the team last week & I would expect him to run with Mitchell for the entire game.

I'd like to see this matchup as well. Mitchell certainly won't kill you for leg speed, but his ability to get the footy will mean Carrazzo needs to be focused for the entire 120 minutes. If he does start to get out of hand, we do have guys like Gibbs & Ellard who could have a crack at him as well.

I'm going to be interested to see where Hodge starts tonight. In the middle, or down back. He usually has big games against us, and if we can curb his influence and Mitchell, this will go a long way in getting the 4 points to Visy Park.

we've had buddy fire before and it still came down to a shot after siren to fevola for us to lose. Our forwards, midfield and defenders are far better than they were then.

Roughead was the destroyer that day with 8.
IIRC, Buddy only kicked 2 that day with Bower doing a great job on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back