AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't help but be exciting seeing his honest and genuine excitement to being told that he was going to be joining our club after he had clearly tempered his expectations to avoid disappointment in the draft. You see a guy that has outstanding athletic potential with a guy that has only recently picked up AFL but has a great frame and size for playing ruck. It also doesn't hurt that both his parents came from sporting backgrounds either.

The exact sort of guy that you love to pick up in the rookie draft. I think he's the sort of guy that will absolutely put in the work and give himself the best chance of succeeding. I expect it will take a fair amount of time and we probably won't see him at AFL level for a few years but that should tie in quite nicely with Bellchambers and Leuenberger's decline if he should make the grade.

Love it! Everything you see of this kid he's just bouncing off the walls with excitement to have the chance.

Would be a great influence on the rest of the players to see how much it means to him as well.

Really hope his young bloke succeeds.

22084635385dd6c67dfc9f47c94a3eab.jpg

Holy * he's huge. He's gonna block the TVS toilet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? 38? I think of dunny-brush... and now the photo of Harry and Fraser Murphy!
s**t, I just reminded myself that Dunny-Brush and I nearly got into a punch on with each other after a boat cruise. Not my fault nor his, a young relation of his was drunk and bumped into a senior lady and then swore at her, a relation of mine then remonstrated with his relation and Dunny-Brush moved in and then I tagged him (irony) - very unlike me as I'm not a fighter but it was family, ditto Dunny-Brush but his family relation's actions were indefensible. Definitely no hard feelings from my end toward Dunny-Brush though.

Incidentally earlier in the evening Dunny-Brush was very approachable for a Bomber diehard like myself. Unlike me to bother AFL/ex-AFL when I see them but he's a premiership player, nuff said.

22084635385dd6c67dfc9f47c94a3eab.jpg

Holy **** he's huge. He's gonna block the TVS toilet.

Stewart is billed at 196, and Draper looks big enough to military press him and throw him clean out of Etihad.

Great photoshop work of Draper, or that he actually eats horses when he's hungry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back