Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as it doesn’t turn into the Paul Roos show, and he isn’t credited for every bit of success we have, then I’m comfortable with his appointment. However, I’m not sure this will be true.

Sorry but why the f*** do supporters care about who our success is attributed to? If we are successful, I couldn't care less who gets the media click bait credit.

As long as it doesn’t turn into the Paul Roos show, and he isn’t credited for every bit of success we have, then I’m comfortable with his appointment. However, I’m not sure this will be true.
Will be interesting to see how it goes. New role in his career compared to the SOS coach role. Would be surprised if the above happens.

It was revealed last week the club put out a feeler to the premiership-winning coach Paul Roos after letting go of six assistant coaches, while also adding Swans assistant coach John Blakey to the squad.

It's hoped Roos would join the club in a part-time capacity.

But Wilson revealed any hopes of landing the former Swans and Demons coach are long gone.

"No chance, absolutely none," she said.
So much happening in this nuffies own back yard - try sticking your nose there for a change Caro.

As a former Fitzroy supporter before the destruction of the club, I've always had a soft spot for Roos and I still do.

I honestly cannot understand the weird suspicions about him, the claims of him being a mercenary, or that there is something wrong with getting a premiership coach to come into the club as part of our re-organisation. For me, its a great appointment.

It's a great appointment, he's a savvy operator and I think people generally don't like the Swans for what they've received. And Roos did pot North on the odd occasion as well.

Yes he's part time and yeah I'm confident he'll find the time to do what he needs to ensure it all gets done. Caro won't take him on. Roos will be great for our brand. And yes our brand had been damaged over the years. I think that was Caro getting in one last swipe at our club. She hates us and I think she hates herself for talking about us all the time.

We're like an ex lover of hers and she can't get over it.

Great appointment. Dom Tyson looked happy too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm surprised she hasn't tried reverse angle and said how well were doing. It'd go **** up for sure then.

lol . So I watched the interview and it took all of about 20 seconds to get Roos to state how impressed he is with the “state of the art facilities”. 20 seconds .
I thought we were directionless and cash strapped.

See what we’re doing here people ? See why his appointment will be crucial for us going forward? There oh so much more to football than four points these days .
A well respected football commentator has just stated he’s impressed with us .

anyone who cannot see the value in Roos’ appointment is a deadset fool. Both from a football knowledge and political spin ability .

Caro would have vomited in her mouth when viewing that .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol . So I watched the interview and it took all of about 20 seconds to get Roos to state how impressed he is with the “state of the art facilities”. 20 seconds .
I thought we were directionless and cash strapped.

See what we’re doing here people ? See why his appointment will be crucial for us going forward? There oh so much more to football than four points these days .
A well respected football commentator has just stated he’s impressed with us .

anyone who cannot see the value in Roos’ appointment is a deadset fool. Both from a football knowledge and political spin ability .

Caro would have vomited in her mouth when viewing that .
Good call TAO. Just listen to any Hardwick interview over the past few years. Always manages to slip in sponsor mentions etc etc.
It’s all part of the message. It’s big business these days, whether we like it or not.

Hooray, now North can be as wooden as the best of them.
Yeah i can see your point 100%......but it's the way the game has changed and particularly the marketing aspect is massive to your survival. We will never be a "big" club and I don't care about that, but what is important is to change the whole narrative around North Melbourne. It's not sustainable to be forever "the battling club run on the smell of an oily rag".

Nothing against Roos.

But him being some kind of guidance, adviser guru for clubs is just one big w***ery.

Why? Organizations get in consultants all the time. At least Roos is an experienced true expert, and not a management guru skilled in restructuring or re-organizing industries that they have never actually worked in.

The whole, "let's be plastic because that's the way the world runs now" thing fascinates me.

Success belongs to those who set the agenda, not those who follow them.

It's time to think BIG, and I don't believe North's recent administrations have been, or are currently capable of doing that.

The whole, "let's be plastic because that's the way the world runs now" thing fascinates me.

It's time to think BIG, and I don't believe North's recent administrations have been, or are currently capable of doing that.

That assumes Roos has nothing of substance to offer. Does anyone seriously believe that the Bens would sign off on big money to go to Roos purely for a PR/spin exercise? I presume he is counted in the soft cap? He clearly played a big role in the selection of our coach and getting the right candidates into the process and if he is going to be in the box on game day that suggests a real and ongoing football role. If we get better press coverage and have a more polished front then that is a bonus.

Didn't think Roos would be as heavily involved as it seems as though he will be - such as being involved game day. I just cant see how it is a bad thing if everyone is on the same page, which seems to be the thing that brings down footy clubs.
Him as a spokesman just means people like caro and barrett wont be able to take pot shots, cos he has the gravitas to fire back in a manner that dismisses their point really quickly. Would be the same if we had Leigh Matthews involved - you think either of those two would have a crack at him?

He instantly gives the club respectability, particularly if he can stay involved long term - particularly with recruiting. We are going to have an abundance of cap space, and having him at the table pitching to players is going to be of great assistance to us, particularly if we are on an upward trajectory. Then from a sponsor point of view, he rocks up to one event and those sponsors are going to jump on board.
People forget where Melbourne was when he first started, and where they were when left. 2 wins and 54%.....

What agenda did Richmond set to create success?

To my eyes they had the luck to have a once in a generation star player they finally built a gameplan around.

Their strong administration simply capitalised on their already large supporter base and the excitement of on-field success.

They didn't make any particularly innovative moves other than spruik some aspirational goals that everyone probably does during their 3 days corporate retreats in Lorne.

To my eyes they had the luck to have a once in a generation star player they finally built a gameplan around.

Their strong administration simply capitalised on their already large supporter base and the excitement of on-field success.

They didn't make any particularly innovative moves other than spruik some aspirational goals that everyone probably does during their 3 days corporate retreats in Lorne.
If only it was this easy, just recruit one player and throw some magnets around...

I think having the right people on those four or five key roles at the top of the organisation is huge - O'Neil, Gale. Hardwicke, Balme. Everything else is built around them. Of course, Richmond had huge untapped potential with their latent supporter base, but they have been exceptionally well run for a decade now.

I think having the right people on those four or five key roles at the top of the organisation is huge - O'Neil, Gale. Hardwicke, Balme. Everything else is built around them. Of course, Richmond had huge untapped potential with their latent supporter base, but they have been exceptionally well run for a decade now.

Gale, Balme, Caracella & Hardwick, in that order.

Caracella's game plan and the unflinching football department consolidation behind that idea to make it happen

They sought out a novel approach and it paid off. They did not FOLLOW other's agendas. No successful side ever does.

I knock Richmond for plenty of things, but being original is certainly not one of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back