Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

He coached Sydney to one "assisted" flag when they were riding the crest of the COLA $$$ wave. Hardly a master coach.

Also, it really sh*ts how he speaks with an upwards inflection in his voice, making every statement sound like a question. Leave that sh*t to insecure teenage girls, Roosy.

******* hate Roos with a passion. Smug campaigner.

Looks like he's now a legend. Welcome to North Melbourne.

Same. Can't stand him. He's tolerable only when you put him up next to Healy at which point he looks like an absolute gem of a human being.

do it.

I can't believe anyone would say no to this. ridiculous.

No doubt in my mind the call has been made - won'y lose any sleep over it if nothing eventuates.

But to actively campaign against it is so dumb.

Even if he is just a sounding board for Rhyce, its gonna make a difference.

How could we say no?

its pretty simple it is the fear of this becoming our playing style:

“I ended up abusing (Melbourne coach) Paul Roos. I understand what he is trying to do but if he wants to oversee that crap, why not buy a chess board where he and Ross Lyon can bore each other to death?

Also when you check out his win loss ratio its not fantastic

1601531597605.png
his years at Melbourne netted a winning % of just 31.8%.

his last 5 years coaching netted a winning % of just 38%

Rhyce clearly needs some assistance, he has at times seen like a deer in headlights.

I doubt Paul Roos is some panacea to our problems.

Wtf? What did he say?

Nothing major. An EFL grand final last year where there was a shot after the siren to win it. I was the goal umpire who had to call it. The kick was touched right on the line and I called it as such and the kicking team lost. It got a bit of notice in the local press for a couple of days.

Roos went on On The Couch the next night with the footage set up all 'War Room' like and said I'd panicked and froze and waited for the field umpire to make a call for me. Lloyd pretty much did the same on Classified.

No one really cares about it but me but I was disappointed at the time. I probably need to move on!

Still, if Roos came to North and made the club better I might forgive him.

How could we say no?

its pretty simple it is the fear of this becoming our playing style:

“I ended up abusing (Melbourne coach) Paul Roos. I understand what he is trying to do but if he wants to oversee that crap, why not buy a chess board where he and Ross Lyon can bore each other to death?

Also when you check out his win loss ratio its not fantastic

View attachment 974736
his years at Melbourne netted a winning % of just 31.8%.

his last 5 years coaching netted a winning % of just 38%

Rhyce clearly needs some assistance, he has at times seen like a deer in headlights.

I doubt Paul Roos is some panacea to our problems.

To confirm tho, he steadily brought the W/L ratio up at Melbourne year-on-year and he won a premiership at Sydney.

Sorry am I missing something? Do we currently have another option I am unaware of?

There is a good chance this is who Rhyce wants at the club to support him and I'm sure that is a big factor.

You might think he is overrated and yeh maybe the myth is bigger than the man but I still think it will improve the club.

Do you think he will make us worse?

Nothing major. An EFL grand final last year where there was a shot after the siren to win it. I was the goal umpire who had to call it. The kick was touched right on the line and I called it as such and the kicking team lost. It got a bit of notice in the local press for a couple of days.

Roos went on On The Couch the next night with the footage set up all 'War Room' like and said I'd panicked and froze and waited for the field umpire to make a call for me. Lloyd pretty much did the same on Classified.

No one really cares about it but me but I was disappointed at the time. I probably need to move on!

The most upsetting part of this story is that you're 'one of them'.

Sorry am I missing something? Do we currently have another option I am unaware of?

No idea, given yesterday I didn't know we were after Roos it's fair to say we'd likely have more than one target. At least I'd hope we would.
Do you think he will make us worse?

I actually think there are about a million things that will make us better and more support around Rhyce is on that list in terms of tangible difference between Roos and what other support we may get there is literally no way to make that call.

I think:
Playing at Docklands
Having line coaches
Having the VFL team

Will all make more difference to us than a mentor for Rhyce.

Roos is likely to be expensive and if that's the case I'd prefer that money routed into line coaches or vfl development.

With a cheaper mentoring option.

Why didn't you use the " ARC " or take the money on offer ?

Why didn't you use the " ARC " or take the money on offer ?

I should have. The bloke who filmed it wasn't in line with the goal, was too far away and was probably so pissed he couldn't hold the phone still and even then he had better footage than the ARC uses.

Looks to me like you're in the perfect position, much better than the camera angle.

No idea, given yesterday I didn't know we were after Roos it's fair to say we'd likely have more than one target. At least I'd hope we would.

I actually think there are about a million things that will make us better and more support around Rhyce is on that list in terms of tangible difference between Roos and what other support we may get there is literally no way to make that call.

I think:
Playing at Docklands
Having line coaches
Having the VFL team

Will all make more difference to us than a mentor for Rhyce.

Roos is likely to be expensive and if that's the case I'd prefer that money routed into line coaches or vfl development.

With a cheaper mentoring option.

I should have been clearer in this post.

If you're knocking Roos, someone who's name has been thrown up as a a potential mentor role for Rhyce then I think we could do a lot worse.

IF there is other suitors then sure, we can judge them on their merits - we currently have one name to go on and I think if you're being snobbish about it now it's a bit ridiculous.

The points you mentioned (Dockands, line coaches and a VFL Team) are happening regardless of Rhyce getting a mentor, and if they weren't I would be more concerned about why it has to be one of the other.

This appears to be an effort to get all ducks in a row to give Rhyce and Brady every opportunity to succeed in bringing the club its next premiership.

My point is, I can't see why people are sitting here in the cheap seats turning their nose up at getting in a proven premiership winning coach to act as a mentor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is, I can't see why people are sitting here in the cheap seats turning their nose up at getting in a proven premiership winning coach to act as a mentor.
Because he's taken shots at us in the past.

He ran 19 men against us.

And his style of football is not what I'd call enthralling. I fear for Rhyce's style before we have Roos as a mentor.

If it happens it happens.

giantroo any footage?

And his style of football is not what I'd call enthralling. I fear for Rhyce's style before we have Roos as a mentor.

I do worry that he might convince Rhyce that 4 goals a game is plenty and it is all about restricting the opposition to 3.

Roos has been a very big wrap on both Jye and LDU so maybe has a more positive view of our list than some. If he does it I can't see that it is for the money as he would be getting plenty of corporate work.

Listen to you Turkeys. "Oh I hate him because he once coached Sydney and I can't stand those pricks." :stern look

At least Roos has coached a premiership. Has tasted success. Will demand respect. If we are gonna go down the Sydney, Flood the Defense, Slow Ball Movement Game Style, we may as well bring in the Turkey that created that hard to watch rot. However if we win the Flag, none of us will care about us playing a Boring Game Style. :stern look

I will say this. The length of his contract should align with Shaw's. :stern look

I do worry that he might convince Rhyce that 4 goals a game is plenty and it is all about restricting the opposition to 3.

Roos has been a very big wrap on both Jye and LDU so maybe has a more positive view of our list than some. If he does it I can't see that it is for the money as he would be getting plenty of corporate work.
How are North expecting to kick four goals per game unless they come up with a new game plan.

And a forward who can kick goals.

you're right - because he's taken shots at us in the past, as a media personality, we shouldn't bother getting him in.

Jeez, I'm glad Brady is in charge and not you - such a petty position to take. How do you improve a club with an attitude like that?

Not sure we will get many through the door who haven't held a negative opinion about us in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back