Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

The position isn't prestigious enough for him. So I doubt he would accept unless it's just a selfish money grab without having to devote the hours.

we shouldn't bother getting him in.

I Don't have a say in getting him or not.

I said he'll be expensive and the difference likely not tangible.

You asked how people could say no I answered giving reasons they could.

I also said he wouldn't be the panecea to our problems.

I'm glad Brady is in charge and not you
Just as an FYI I'm a regular punter and in no way qualified to head up a football department.

I'm under no illusion of my opinion on a forum being of any importance. It's not, neither yours.

Not sure we will get many through the door who haven't held a negative opinion about us in the past.
Doesn't mean we should be hunting for Caro to head up the media department.

However if we win the Flag, none of us will care about us playing a Boring Game Style.
No doubt however

Paul Roos - 1 flag
Ross Lyon - 0 flags, 2 ruined lists
Longmire - 1 flag
Goodwin - 0 flags

A combined 38 seasons coached for two flags.

Flag is certainly not guaranteed.

No doubt however

Paul Roos - 1 flag
Ross Lyon - 0 flags, 2 ruined lists
Longmire - 1 flag
Goodwin - 0 flags

A combined 38 seasons coached for two flags.

Flag is certainly not guaranteed.
Yep agree, surely if Shaw needs an older head around him, we could do better then Roos,
why wouldn’t you look at Pagan, it may not mean much but at least his a North person

Nothing major. An EFL grand final last year where there was a shot after the siren to win it. I was the goal umpire who had to call it. The kick was touched right on the line and I called it as such and the kicking team lost. It got a bit of notice in the local press for a couple of days.

Roos went on On The Couch the next night with the footage set up all 'War Room' like and said I'd panicked and froze and waited for the field umpire to make a call for me. Lloyd pretty much did the same on Classified.

No one really cares about it but me but I was disappointed at the time. I probably need to move on!

Still, if Roos came to North and made the club better I might forgive him.
Nah mate the ball wasnt completely over line - good call by you.

Bin it and move on brother.

Yep agree, surely if Shaw needs an older head around him, we could do better then Roos,
why wouldn’t you look at Pagan, it may not mean much but at least his a North person

Chemistry is critical in that role and from what you hear he has it with Roos. There’s a connection there. Needs to be with someone Shaw is comfortable with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being a second year coach and having to come up with a plan that a group of young players will be mastering and adhering to for years to come.

Imagine getting that plan and development wrong.

We’d be negligent if we didn’t bring in help. Is Roos the only one available?

Last edited:
What about giving D Pagan a call?

Spose it depends on what type of mentor role they think could benefit Rhyce.

Pagan too long out of the game for any game day strategy type stuff but he’d be good for someone to lean on a bit.

Chocko Williams is a bit the same, probably more up to date with the current styles.

To be honest Rhyce has enough family members he can turn to for that sort of stuff...

Reckon they’re after someone to help with game day tactics and player management.

Indifferent on Roos.

Certainly an upgrade on Jade that’s for sure, as mentioned above, and hopefully the Rhyce connection bodes well.

People talk about Goodwin still being a spud coach, And yes they’re probably right, but Roos came in to re-shape their whole football department, on and off-field! And the club wasn’t just last, it was stone mother-less, father-less, every other relative-less last. They were on their knees! And it’s significantly turned the corner, despite performances not necessarily indicating that!

Unfortunately Roos also has a bit of the Bard’s about him. Big time snake oil merchant...

Personally, what’s Gary Ayres up to? For half the price?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back