Preview Round 0 - Carlton vs Brisbane Friday March 8 - 7.40PM AEDT @ The Gabba - Team Stickied

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Opening Round team v Brisbane
Backs:Brodie KempLewis YoungAdam Saad
Half-backs:Zac WilliamsMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Kennedy
Half-forwards:George HewettCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollMatthew Cottrell
Lachie FogartyOllie Hollands
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsAlex CincottaMarc Pittonet

Pumped about Williams…Saw him at ikon and he is a lot taller than I thought…elite user of the ball out of the backline and will take pressure off saad…teams target saad knowing if they stop him they stop us getting out fast…Williams will change things…I reckon they avoided playing both together in pre season so the opposition couldn’t get a look at it

I think Kennedy Hewett need to target Dunkley. Take it to him

If pre season is any indication we will see Cripps forward a fair bit. Especially if we play one ruck
I think, whatever happened in q's 2 3 and 4 of prelim,
Do not do that.
Do a lot of q1.
Like..q1 x4.
Cheers.
You are entirely welcome.😊

Pumped about Williams…Saw him at ikon and he is a lot taller than I thought…elite user of the ball out of the backline and will take pressure off saad…teams target saad knowing if they stop him they stop us getting out fast…Williams will change things…I reckon they avoided playing both together in pre season so the opposition couldn’t get a look at it
Spot on. The positive impact on Saad's game will be massive

Pretty simple strategy I'd implement to guarantee a win. Feel free to steal my ideas Vossy btw.

Step 1. Do what we did in the 1st quarter in the Prelim
Step 2. Don't do what we did in the remaining 3 quarters of the Prelim

I think, whatever happened in q's 2 3 and 4 of prelim,
Do not do that.
Do a lot of q1.
Like..q1 x4.
Cheers.
You are entirely welcome.😊
Jimmy Fallon Twins GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Don’t forget Newman when you mention boyd Saad and Williams. Newman is a star in that position despite not having the speed the others possess
McGovern can also provide a lot of drive off half back with his kicking ability - backline looking quite potent which should help our ball movement from D50

If we beat the Lions this Friday it will be our greatest home and away win since an undermanned Carlton beat Geelong in Round 18 - August 1st 1981.
I can't remember that game but I reckon the game against Essendon in the rain in 2001??? when we had a few top-line players might be on a par (I think it may have been Easter Saturday)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember that game but I reckon the game against Essendon in the rain in 2001??? when we had a few top-line players might be on a par (I think it may have been Easter Saturday)
Was there. They all came out late. Was it Kouta, Bradley, SOS?

Excited about Boyd, Williams and Saad in the same team, even if it takes a month to build cohesion
Going to enjoy the tactics of the opposition to try and drag Williams and Saad deep!

A high press against those two will be disastrous for the opposition. Plenty of cheap goals out the back for our forwards…

If we go up to Brisbane in 72% humidity with a few key players missing and put in a good shift with a close-ish margin I think most fans will be ok with that even if we lose but a win would be an absolute statement to the league.

Aren’t we past the honourable loss stage yet?

:think:

With Walsh out I think they'll put a fair bit of work into Crippa. Be stupid not to really.
OK...crazy idea. If that happens, Cripps goes to FF, Harry to a pocket and if fit, MK takes Cripps' spot for small periods of the game.
Although Cripps' kicking for goal isn't a strength (I don't think so), the psychological pressure of having to deal with his height and bulk might spook whichever mid (Dunkley???) is on him.
What's critical (and a deficiency of ours) is that players like Fantasia et al are ready to crumb, defend and add to the pressure

Zero expectations, but will be there.

In fact. 2024 expectations slipping by the week.

Also think it will help Boyd’s game as well, he’s a great baller user, lift the possession rate and rebounds a little more he becomes a better player, strengthens our spread of options in defense…
Would like to see Gov take it on some more also when he has the chance…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back