Game Day Round 1 2014 - Hawthorn v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as we have been in patches, we also resemble a D-grade bloody amateur side for the most part.

Our contested work was so much better than usual. Surely you see that Dylan.

Anyone take us at the line of 47? If so... Ouch...

Reminds me of last year when the line against GWS was 59.5 - had it as part of a multi. Had it all right and then we won by 60. Never betting again :p.

I don't know how anyone could be dissappointed after that effort. Yeah we were far from perfect, but the scorebored did not reflect the closeness of the two sides out there today.

7 or 8 scoring shots was the difference. If we get neutral umpiring we probably only lose by 3 or 4 goals.

I thought we'd lose by less than 50, and we did. So that's a positive.
Ball use wasn't great at times- playing Hanley in a largely defensive role is criminal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good to see we were pretty much even in clearances (41-39) and inside 50s (53-50), and won the tackle count (55-65). some promising signs considering we were playing the reigning premiers. we suffered from lack of a forward line. i think when mcguane comes in he will provide a much needed 2nd target up forward

I'm stoked with most of the game, really. We dropped off at the end, and that blew the scoreline out. That's about all I'm disappointed with, I think.

Yep, I'm about the same. Only saw bits of the first half but from what I could see it was pretty bloody decent against the best team in the comp at an interstate fortress. Margin is disappointing (so was Redden and a couple of others) but it's a work in progress and I'm happy in that regard.

So much promise from that. Much better in the centre for large parts of the game. Thought Close and Paparone both showed a bit. But right now I'm so angry, we just rolled over in the last 1/4 and let them do as they wanted. We really were smashed on turnovers.

redden didnt get much of it but he was still our number one pressurer (is that a word?). his 11 tackles were valuable

So much promise from that. Much better in the centre for large parts of the game. Thought Close and Paparone both showed a bit. But right now I'm so angry, we just rolled over in the last 1/4 and let them do as they wanted. We really were smashed on turnovers.

I don't think we rolled over at all. We still got a few goals in there and there were some good forward thrusts.

...come on, someone has to take that out of context.

Balancing out how much we push up towards the opponent and how much we sit back is something that will get better as the team learns the gameplan more, as well as with experience.

We gave up a lot of goals in the first three quarters when we pushed up too much and turned the ball over. You won't get many better teams than Hawthorn to exploit that with their foot skills; often it took just one solid releasing kick and they were away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back