Autopsy Round 1, 2021: GWS v St.Kilda *HIGHMORE DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough and I agree with you. Just pointing it out in general that some people can’t take fair criticism. I wasn’t referring to the comments that you are, obviously that’s too much.

And the poster that mentioned last years umpires getting called maggots was also me lmao.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I genuinely didn't realise that was you hahah

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again, show me where a tackle is defined by length of action.

Also show me the official AFL statement on the matter instead of just regurgitating some media hack nonsense that you agree with. The sole written source of such a claim exists beyond a paywall after what, 18 hours since the supposed statement?

Screams of bullshit clickbait.
Ok then. People are just making it up. The afl haven’t said it was a wrong decision. Talk about going to extremes to prove yourself right.

View attachment 1084007
The position of the hands is the "start of a tackle"...

Hands on the body which is the very definition of a tackle in the Rule Book which I presented earlier.

The rest of the why would the AFL blah blah blah is a smokescreen.
It was a legal tackle by the rules. Now if you want to argue "spirit of the rule" then that is completely different but not as black and white.

Oh and when I umpired I could sometimes say the wrong thing in the heat of the moment when paying a correct free kick.
So can you give me a logical reason why the afl would want to say an umpire was wrong if she wasn’t. I will tell you that is and never will be a tackle and would never be counted as a tackle. I will wait for your logical reason about the afl.

So can you give me a logical reason why the afl would want to say an umpire was wrong if she wasn’t. I will tell you that is and never will be a tackle and would never be counted as a tackle. I will wait for your logical reason about the afl.
Because shhh don't say it too loudly but the AFL make mistakes...
and if you don't know that then nothing I say will ever be logical to you to prove otherwise.
And I work in stats for a living so you've just left me in tears laughing about holding up stats as an arbiter of truth 🤣

Because shhh don't say it too loudly but the AFL make mistakes...
and if you don't know that then nothing I say will ever be logical to you to prove otherwise.
And I work in stats for a living so you've just left me in tears laughing about holding up stats as an arbiter of truth 🤣
So the afl said the umpire was wrong but made a mistake. Surely you aren’t arrogant enough to say you know more than the umpires department? As for stats well I doubt your stats have zero at all to do with footy stats.

So the afl said the umpire was wrong but made a mistake. Surely you aren’t arrogant enough to say you know more than the umpires department? As for stats well I doubt your stats have zero at all to do with footy stats.
Who is 'the AFL'?

I see you're still at a loss to explain how long a tackle needs to be 'held' for.

Strangely when the afl say the umpire is right people say as if they would say anything else. Now they are saying she was wrong and now it’s another excuse. By the way the afl decide he rules. If they say it’s wrong it’s wrong. Who should decide? Saints supporters? Some don’t even know the rules.
Oh FFS P66
Move on

So if you bump a player they are allowed to just let go the ball.
Are they allowed to drop a ball to their team mate?

Again, show me where a tackle is defined by length of action.

Also show me the official AFL statement on the matter instead of just regurgitating some media hack nonsense that you agree with. The sole written source of such a claim exists beyond a paywall after what, 18 hours since the supposed statement?

Screams of bullshit clickbait.
Dude, give up the conspiricy theories. Both the Herald Sun and Fox Footy had been in touch with the AFL umpires department and were told that was an incorrect free kick and their had to be a legal tackle laid for it to be called incorrect disposal.

Not sure what else you want. Do you need an official press release on every decision.

We are all wrong from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

This is simultaneously the most entertaining and annoying autopsy thread we've ever had I reckon.
Ah man, do I feel you. Been waiting for footy all summer, thought I'd spend the week just basking in this thread. However, in studying the particular form of griping, I've come up with a conspiracy theory, if you'll hear me out.
We Saints fans are use to losing, so when we go in to a game with a certain negative mind frame. When we win, we don't know where to put this negativity, so we lash out at players and each other (see the eternal Hickey v Longer mania/ the drop Paton syndrome for example).
Sensing a win, and understanding the propensity for infighting within the St Kilda fan base, Ratten decided to play Daniel Mackenzie, the perennial whipping boy, the scapegoat GOAT, if you will.
However not properly reading the room, Mackenzie put in a solid performance, thus doubly frustrating the supporter base. Now not only were supporters unable to find a vehicle for their inexplicable negativity, the vehicle that they usually use was rubbing it in their faces. He thus became his own antonym, the paradoxical WOAP (worst of all possible) Scapegoat GOAT.
With this in mind, there are only two possible explanations for the buffoonery on this thread at the moment. Either we've all collectively lost our minds, or Daniel Mackenzie is once again responsible.
Now considering I am able to still use logically reasoning, as exemplified by my very ability to make this air tight argument, and considering I'm a poster on this thread, the former of these options is invalid.
Therefore, D-Train is a sexist who can't stick a tackle

I was sitting right in front of it and she called play on with two seconds on the clock and Butler had already started walking in.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I just re-watched the last two minutes and the umpire definitely blows the whistle and calls play-on while Butler is looking at the scoreboard.

Dude, give up the conspiricy theories. Both the Herald Sun and Fox Footy had been in touch with the AFL umpires department and were told that was an incorrect free kick and their had to be a legal tackle laid for it to be called incorrect disposal.

Not sure what else you want. Do you need an official press release on every decision.

We are all wrong from time to time.
Erm, the AFL releases official statements on any decisions that have been declared incorrect. This is common knowledge, so yes, I do expect a press release.

I also expect that a statement so freely given to one organisation be made available for anyone else enquiring. Are you trying to convince me Herald Sun and Fox were the only people who asked? SEN never asked, for example? MMM perhaps? CrocMedia?

And the other bloke as well. The pissing contest is tiresome.

One will argue for the sake of it, the other thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Free kick was paid, we won please move on.
Who is who? And really does it matter. This thread is basically finished. I really get confused why people care this late after a game. Now if it was in the Melbourne thread I’d understand. By the way I’m guessing if nearly every person said you meaning you were wrong and some had a personal go at you and then it proven what you were saying was correct you would stick up for yourself. When it was proven at least I didn’t around finding their posts and telling them they were wrong. I just wrote an initial post today but people then starting quoting post basically saying I’m still wrong. Surely I’m then allowed to stick up for myself.

Who is who? And really does it matter. This thread is basically finished. I really get confused why people care this late after a game. Now if it was in the Melbourne thread I’d understand. By the way I’m guessing if nearly every person said you meaning you were wrong and some had a personal go at you and then it proven what you were saying was correct you would stick up for yourself. When it was proven at least I didn’t around finding their posts and telling them they were wrong. I just wrote an initial post today but people then starting quoting post basically saying I’m still wrong. Surely I’m then allowed to stick up for myself.
Proven?

By a dodgy clickbait article the AFL haven't even corroborated?

Have you proven the required length of contact required to constitute a tackle?

I'm arrogant enough to look at vision, and read a rule book if that's what you mean but no offence taken. Also been watching live for 43 years so I'll put that up in my defence as seeing similar actions although rare paid and then not singled out as a mistake but they probably didn't occur late in a close game.

The only article I can see is the Herald Sun which says AFL spokesperson and 360 last night where Gerard said I rang the "AFL". If the spokesperson was from the umpires department then of course I'll defer but I've not seen a name assigned to the comment. A bit like "sources" could be anyone...

I'm arrogant enough to look at vision, and read a rule book if that's what you mean but no offence taken. Also been watching live for 43 years so I'll put that up in my defence as seeing similar actions although rare paid and then not singled out as a mistake but they probably didn't occur late in a close game.

The only article I can see is the Herald Sun which says AFL spokesperson and 360 last night where Gerard said I rang the "AFL". If the spokesperson was from the umpires department then of course I'll defer but I've not seen a name assigned to the comment. A bit like "sources" could be anyone...
No worries. Maybe it wasn’t said. Makes sense.

Erm, the AFL releases official statements on any decisions that have been declared incorrect. This is common knowledge, so yes, I do expect a press release.

I also expect that a statement so freely given to one organisation be made available for anyone else enquiring. Are you trying to convince me Herald Sun and Fox were the only people who asked? SEN never asked, for example? MMM perhaps? CrocMedia?
No they don't. The umpires association review every game. You are kidding yourself if you think the AFL release a statement on every free kick they got wrong from every game.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Are you suggesting those other media platforms did or didn't ask the AFL? I'm guessing they probably didn't seeing as none of them reported on it?

Do you honestly think Gerard Whately and Marc McGowan completely fabricated this story?

No they don't. The umpires association review every game. You are kidding yourself if you think the AFL release a statement on every free kick they got wrong from every game.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Are you suggesting those other media platforms did or didn't ask the AFL? I'm guessing they probably didn't seeing as none of them reported on it?

Do you honestly think Gerard Whately and Marc McGowan completely fabricated this story?
Releasing a statement on controversial free kicks has been consistent, particularly where it can be construed as having changed the outcome of a match.

I am suggesting that one would have to assume no-one else asked this unnamed source the question since they haven't published anything. Yes, I do think they fabricated the story, hence why no-one else has so much as mentioned it in passing up to 24 hours later.

Are you suggesting that the Herald Sun and Fox are the only sports journalists on the planet who would follow up such an event?

Releasing a statement on controversial free kicks has been consistent, particularly where it can be construed as having changed the outcome of a match.

I am suggesting that one would have to assume no-one else asked this unnamed source the question since they haven't published anything. Yes, I do think they fabricated the story, hence why no-one else has so much as mentioned it in passing up to 24 hours later.

Are you suggesting that the Herald Sun and Fox are the only sports journalists on the planet who would follow up such an event?
Clearly, otherwise they would have reported on it. Otherwise, why bother asking the question?

You going to such lengths as suggesting two news sites have completely made up a story such asking clarification from the AFL and getting a straight answer just to help prove your argument us ludicrous.

You are embarrassing yourself now. Let it go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back