Shield Round 1: Queensland vs Tasmania, Ian Healy Oval, 28th Sep-1st Oct, 10 am AEST

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queensland Will come in favourites after winning the Sheffield Shield last season, as well as having most of their stars available for this contest. Expect a draw in this game with Thursday and Friday having 5 to 15 and 20 to 30 mm expected rainfall respectively. A potential first class debut for Connor Sully for Queensland, however Tasmania haven't released their squad yet.

Queensland squad: James Bazley, Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson (+), Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street, Connor Sully, Mitchell Swepson, Jack Windermuth

Tasmania squad: N/A (will update when I find out)

Possible sides:

Queensland:

Bryce Street
Joe Burns
Marnus Labuschagne
Usman Khawaja (c)
Matthew Renshaw
Jimmy Peirson (+)
Jack Wildermuth
Michael Neser
Mark Steketee
Mitchell Swepson
Connor Sully

Tasmania:

N/A

My guess would be based on Ali De Winter's comments:

Ward
Jewell
Wade
McDermott
Doran
Silk
Webster
Siddle
Bird
Rainbird
Bell

would be insane to play a Andrews/Freedman as a spinner in QLD when we have Beau Webster and those pitches favour spin. Assume if they play a spinner, Silk opens and one of Ward/Jewell drops out.

No Ellis, Paine, Meredith due to T20/inj

edit: Bird and Doran also inj wtf

Last edited:
They've just postponed the match 24 hours due to COVID cases in Brisbane.

They've just postponed the match 24 hours due to COVID cases in Brisbane.
Should just reschedule it if that's the case. Absolutely no chance at a result in this game, next time you might get lucky

My choice Silk and Ward to open. McDermott will keep. Bird a big loss. Rainbird and Bell still preferred to the younger Neil-Smith and Carlisle. Their time will come and very soon.
Jake Doran was their leading run scorer last year.

Pretty sparse domestic schedule. Why dont they just bite the bullet and get on with the full season. Surely most of our state cricketers are double vaxed. They need to be playing red ball cricket in case Ashes replacements are needed. Some medical people are saying the world will have to learn to live with the virus. So lets start now.

SHIELD:

Oct 7-10: Queensland v Tasmania, Karen Rolton Oval

Oct 15-18: South Australia v Queensland, Adelaide Oval

Oct 17-20: Western Australia v Tasmania, WACA Ground

ODD:

Oct 13: South Australia v Queensland, Karen Rolton Oval

Oct 15: Western Australia v Tasmania, WACA Ground (D/N)
Interesting that NSW listed players are coming to SA this week and will do quarantine and then play Premier cricket here until NSW is up and running again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qld have named a16 man squad. Swepson staying in Qld and Sandhu potentially to play for his 3rd state, shouldn't be getting a match in either the Shield or the One Day Match amongst that squad though.

Interesting that NSW listed players are coming to SA this week and will do quarantine
Not happening now. SA has backflipped. No idea why as to my knowledge all Blues players have been fully vaxed and the state is about to reach 70% f/v next week.

Time for NSW & Victoria to stop worrying about the other states & just play each other in Sydney or/and Melbourne.

Time for NSW & Victoria to stop worrying about the other states & just play each other in Sydney or/and Melbourne.

That's what they're doing I believe, could even be 3 shield matches between those 2 before Christmas. Both states offered to quarantine in SA but it wasn't approved which is stupid.

Squads?

Will likely be an absolute road so picking an extra bowler might be a wise decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back