Round 1 Rising Star Nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too concerned if McGrath doesn't get the nod round 1.. I'm sure it will happen at some point.
My money is on Milera or SPP.

I love that sub rule is gone now and we're seeing much better debuts rather than first gamers only playing 1-2 quarters

Stats comparison of Butler and SPP:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...2=14&type=A&pid1=4090&pid2=6344&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not shown:
Intercepts - Butler 3, SPP 1
Turnovers - Butler 2, SPP 7
Score Involvements - Butler 9, SPP 6
Pressure Acts - Butler 16, SPP 14

Also not shown: SPP kicks two 50+ metre roots against Sydney at the SCG (and has a third goal disallowed), Butler kicks a Joe the Goose and a scrambled soccer off the ground against the worst team in the competition.

Also not shown: SPP kicks two 50+ metre roots against Sydney at the SCG (and has a third goal disallowed), Butler kicks a Joe the Goose and a soccer off the ground against the worst team in the competition.
didn't see your game but was at the Tigers game.
Butler doesn't get it ahead of McGrath or Milera, and from what everyone is saying, SPP was the best this weekend.

Also not shown: SPP kicks two 50+ metre roots against Sydney at the SCG (and has a third goal disallowed), Butler kicks a Joe the Goose and a scrambled soccer off the ground against the worst team in the competition.
Well if SPP is as good as you say he should get the Rising Star Nomination
No need to put down another player to try prove the point
I know Butler did well so I'm putting his name out. What I don't know is what they'll make the decision on

Butler. Outstanding game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A number on that list will be nominated in more games this year, Milera played fantastic but I think he is in for a big year as are a number listed, it will be interesting to see who actually wins it

Well I am about to have a daughter today. Wasn't thinking Bob though
And you're on BigFooty ;)?
Congratulations and all the best :)
Also Bob could be short for Bobbie which is a girl's name ;)

Stats be damned, SPP played a crucial impactful role in the upset win of the round. If the selectors have been watching games rather than reading statistics, he's a lock.
They did last year when they went for Oliver over others with impressive stats. I think they'll do the same. Shifter would love SPP I think and would value the win. Playing a big part of a win has always been a factor in the nomination.

That said, I'd probably go with Hipwood or Milera because I love both of them and think they'll be superstars.

Mitch Hannan was the only potential one for this week from us.

16 possessions, 2 goals, 4 tackles.

Sam Powell-Pepper will get it (deservedly so).
I'd be pounding the table about how good his game was and saying how he should be right up there for the nomination if he was eligible and I don't like pumping up our players. Joel Smith was a chance to get a nomination at some stage based on his talent, it's a shame he looks set for a long spell on the sideline.

So what? It's Rising Star not Rising WhichPlayerPlayedAgainstTheBetterTeamFromLastYear or RisingWhichPlayerPlayedAgainstTheBetterOppositionOnTheDay

I'm not interesting in shitting on or dismissing another player just because he's not from my club like yourself. A good performance is a good performance
It's not about that which club, it's that the quality of the individual game clearly depends on the quality of the opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back