Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke. Beveridge likes versatility and Cloke has one bow. Why is he an automatic selection just cause we traded for him? He barely played for Collingwood this season... We get Crameri back who gives us far more flexibility as a key forward. Unless Cloke has a stellar pre-season or someone goes down injured can't see him starting round one.
Crameri is not a key forward. Neither is String. They play the role because we have no one else's. We don't have a KP forward other than Red and he's injured. BTB and BTC are rucks who go forward. BTB may one day be our KP forward. So Cloke is a genuine contested marking KP forward. Exactly what we need to try and get value for our forward line entries. Can he discover his form is the question?

String and Crameri can concentrate on playing the way they are best suited, big bodied quick med forwards and leave the pack stuff to the big fella Cloke.

So this exercise is exhibit A as to why Hamling left and why Delidio wanted to go to GWS. It's bloody hard to pick a best 22. Hell Suckling is not in most best 22s. Delidio would have looked at it and gone, I actually might not be guaranteed a game, as good as I am. Which is why I don't understand why we chased him.

Listening to cloke talk with such excitement and enthusiasm makes me so psyched for next year. It looks like he has trimmed down a bit in the new photos.
Yup, trimmed before even came to the club. Collingwood had been asking him for ages to lose weight lolz

So this exercise is exhibit A as to why Hamling left and why Delidio wanted to go to GWS. It's bloody hard to pick a best 22. Hell Suckling is not in most best 22s. Delidio would have looked at it and gone, I actually might not be guaranteed a game, as good as I am. Which is why I don't understand why we chased him.
Agree on Hamling. Lids walks in.

IMG_6595.JPG

Made this during the week and forgot Jong.

1) Stevens and moreso Hrovat would not have been playing next year, outside of injuries.

2) We didn't need to bring in Deledio and his old man injuries.

3) The three likely retirees all have likely replacements waiting in the wings.

4) We just need to keep our core team together from here on in to be competitive for 5-7 years.

Incumbency is 9/10ths of selection!
Apart from the forced replacement of Hamling (Adams?) I'd be happy to run with the Premiership side for round 1 next year.
This is subject to them maintaining their current form (perhaps an unreasonable assumption, but not more so than the assumption that long term absentees and and imports will be able to play at the peak of their form from the start of next season)
At the moment the GF side is in and it's up to the other guys to get them out!

Cloke. Beveridge likes versatility and Cloke has one bow. Why is he an automatic selection just cause we traded for him? He barely played for Collingwood this season... We get Crameri back who gives us far more flexibility as a key forward. Unless Cloke has a stellar pre-season or someone goes down injured can't see him starting round one.
I agree with this.
Think he he will be in the vfl for a while to get de-pied.

FB: Morris Adams Johanissen
HB: Wood Roberts Biggs
C: Hunter Liberatore Macrae
HF: Daniel T.Boyd Stringer
FF: Dickson Cloke Picken

FOL: Roughead Bontempelli Dahlhaus

Int: Murphy M.Boyd Crameri Jong

EMG: (from) Suckling, Smith, Cordy, Dunkley, Maclean

Wow, this was soooo hard to pick and I haven't included any of the three who should step up next year (Dale, Williams, Webb).

How would a 25 and under team go? Still make the 8 I'd say.

FB: Cordy Adams Johanissen
HB: Williams Roberts Biggs
HF: Daniel T.Boyd Smith
FF: McLean Stringer Dale

Int: Jong Dunkley Webb R.Smith

Also Wallis & Redpath would meet the criteria. Some of those would turn 26 before the season, but thought I'd cheat a bit.

How would a 25 and under team go? Still make the 8 I'd say.

FB: Cordy Adams Johanissen
HB: Williams Roberts Biggs
HF: Daniel T.Boyd Smith
FF: McLean Stringer Dale

Int: Jong Dunkley Webb R.Smith

Also Wallis & Redpath would meet the criteria. Some of those would turn 26 before the season, but thought I'd cheat a bit.
That is beyond ridiculous. That team could beat anybody in the league.

Really puts it in perspective. People bang on about how GWS is going to dominate the next 10 years because of how young they are...* GWS' young talent. We have just as much potential, if not more, than they do. Can't look at that team and say we don't have an upwards trajectory.

AFL side

FB Boyd Adams wood
HB murphy Morris JJ
C Hunter Libba Macrae
HF Crameri Cloke Daniel
FF stringer Boyd Dickson
R Roughead Dahl Bont
Inter smith Picken suckling Biggs

VFL
FB Smith Collins prudden
HB cordy Roberts Williams
C lynch Webb McLean
HF Dale. Hamilton
Ff Dunkley
R Campbell Jong Honeychuch
Inter pick 18 26 50 rookie list pick

injury
Wallis
Redpath

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely could. Was Murphy, Boyd, Morris, Wood, Dickson, Picken, Crameri, Cloke that missed out. Substantial players no doubt, but we have players that have shown a lot in those positions ready to go.

AFL side

FB Boyd Adams wood
HB murphy Morris JJ
C Hunter Libba Macrae
HF Crameri Cloke Daniel
FF stringer Boyd Dickson
R Roughead Dahl Bont

VFL
FB Smith Collins prudden
C lynch Webb McLean
HF Dale
Ff Dunkley

injury
Wallis
Redpath

you missed Declan

One word answer to the OP.

IMPOSSIBLE.

AFL side

FB Boyd Adams wood
HB murphy Morris JJ
C Hunter Libba Macrae
HF Crameri Cloke Daniel
FF stringer Boyd Dickson
R Roughead Dahl Bont

VFL
FB Smith Collins prudden
C lynch Webb McLean
HF Dale. Hamilton
Ff Dunkley

injury
Wallis
Redpath
that vfl side could give the 8 a crack

B- Wood Roberts Biggs
HB- Williams Adams Suckling
C- Johannisen Macrae Hunter
HF- Crameri Bontempelli McLean
F- Dickson Cloke Stringer

Ruck- Boyd
RR- Liberatore
Ro- Dahlhaus

Int- Picken, Dunkley, Roughead, C.Smith

Emer- M.Boyd, Webb, Daniel.
No Morris. Wrong.

Afl apps attempt...

WB-sb-AFLM.jpg

B: Shane Biggs, Marcus Adams, Dale Morris
HB: Jason Johannisen, Easton Wood, Robert Murphy
C: Liam Picken, Tom Liberatore, Jack Macrae
HF: Jake Stringer, Tom Boyd, Stewart Crameri
F: Luke Dahlhaus, Travis Cloke, Tory Dickson
R: Jordan Roughead, Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Hunter
INT: Caleb Daniel, Matthew Boyd, Clay Smith, Matt Suckling
EMERG: Josh Dunkley, Bailey Williams, Toby McLean

Murphy (knee) and Crameri (suspension) are automatic inclusions, while Cloke will help the forward line structurally and can give a chop-out in the ruck. Impressive youngsters Dunkley, McLean and Zaine Cordy are premiership players, but a strong list sees them just miss out. After a promising debut season was cut short by injury, Adams replaces Fletcher Roberts in the key defensive post. Expect rising midfielders Williams, Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb to be vying for spots early in the season.

NOT CONSIDERED: Jack Redpath (knee – won't return until late in the season), Mitch Wallis (broken leg – will battle to return to his best next season) - Ryan Davidson

No Morris. Wrong.
No Morris, no Murphy, no Moyd if you really had a close look, keeping
the three 35's fresh early makes sense to me as we need to get
games into the younger guys and bed a new back six. I expect all
three to have sparse input next year and i think in the long run
it will prove a long term benefit to the team.

Hmm could be a good plan if everyone is fit to go

I doubt Morris and Boyd miss round 1 unless they're injured. Don't mind the theory but they've actually gotta play games to get tired enough to need a refresher.

Murphy I'll grant you because he might not be fully recovered from the ACL although I think he will be.

I doubt Morris and Boyd miss round 1 unless they're injured. Don't mind the theory but they've actually gotta play games to get tired enough to need a refresher.

Murphy I'll grant you because he might not be fully recovered from the ACL although I think he will be.
It's a fine balancing act next year and it won't be easy at all, who
knows how the year will unfold. It is hard to drive a car forward
if you use only the rear vision mirror.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back