Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years later big brother produced #1 hits such as "Hold Me Now (Premiership Cup)" - Mark Thompson Twins (1984) and "Smooth Operator" - Kevin Sadè (1985) and little brother had to be content a one hit wonder season in 1983, re-releasing an old hit from '76 "Blinded by M.Blight" written by Peter Mann's father "Manfred"

This guy's officially awesome.

GetAttachment.aspx

Awesome!!

....but just like in everybody loves raymond; mum (the afl) always loves the younger sibling more -- always sneaking him money on the side.

Poor older brother has had a job for much longer and has to fend for himself.

It's only fair, big brother is getting all the rental returns for our investment property at the Docklands while little bro is paying the mortgage.

How long is North Melbourne Locked into etihad stadium?

The only thing worse than being locked into Etihad $tadium on an awesome deal until 2025 is being locked in there on a s**t deal until 2025.

Great post Handsome!

While Bastinac already has his new villa at Breakfast Point furbished, our guns are going nowhere.

Gee, I can't stand losing to North. We can beat the school bullies (Carlton, Collingwood), but when our back's turned, little brother gets in a cheap shot and it's a K.O.

Let's hope L.J Hooker is on the ball!

How long is North Melbourne Locked into etihad stadium?

The only thing worse than being locked into Etihad $tadium on an awesome deal until 2025 is being locked in there on a s**t deal until 2025.

i'd love to be out of the deal and back the the 'home' of football.. although i love etihad behing our fortress id love to be able to win a game at the ground where finals are played :/

Re: North Melbourne vs Essendon Round 1 31/3/11

These reactions betray an insecurity that is most un-Essendon like. The swagger is obviously not back yet.

This.

For all the keyboard heroics, I think the learned Essendon fan knows that this is by no means an "in the bag" game, the same as any North supporter is kidding themselves if they think the same thing.

Our clubs have been neck and neck the past couple of years, and while I am confident we can get the points, I am fully aware that we will be nostril deep in s**t if Watson starts turning it on in the middle and Hurley, Hille and Ryder start clunking their marks.

This.

For all the keyboard heroics, I think the learned Essendon fan knows that this is by no means an "in the bag" game, the same as any North supporter is kidding themselves if they think the same thing.

Our clubs have been neck and neck the past couple of years, and while I am confident we can get the points, I am fully aware that we will be nostril deep in s**t if Watson starts turning it on in the middle and Hurley, Hille and Ryder start clunking their marks.

I just hope we kick straight this time.

I really don't know what to expect.

I mean, I think we're going to be a pretty good side this year, but I'm just not confident playing against sides below us.

North, Melbourne, Richmond, Port. For whatever reason we seem to struggle, yet we can beat Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, West Coast, and push Collingwood.

I'm not really nervous as it's only round 1, but I wouldn't say I'm confident.

I just hope we kick straight this time.
As they say, bad kicking is bad football.

Mind you, if your boys keep taking shots from 45 meters on greater than 45 degree angles, I'll be happy for them to have as many shots as they did last time. I guess at the end of the game they had to ask themselves why they kept going so wide into our forward line because ultimately that is what cost the bombres the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, quality of forward entries was also the issue.

Mind you, anyone watching them warm up would have seen that they weren't hitting the side of a barn at all. It was memorably bad.

Who will you guys play on Petrie? Fletcher? Carlisle?

We need to play a team defense obviously - but Pears would be the likeliest candidate to stand him.

I mean, I think we're going to be a pretty good side this year, but I'm just not confident playing against sides below us.

I actually am this year. Probably unfounded, but I think our mental strength should be greater and our physical fitness should allow us to compete better.

As they say, bad kicking is bad football.

Mind you, if your boys keep taking shots from 45 meters on greater than 45 degree angles, I'll be happy for them to have as many shots as they did last time. I guess at the end of the game they had to ask themselves why they kept going so wide into our forward line because ultimately that is what cost the bombres the game.

I know it's not in the spirit of the thread, but I'm going to agree with this. We did take shots from s**t spots, and that was down to Norf's defence.

However at 3/4 I rang my mate and said "we're going to win this". It felt like we were on top most of the game. Got away in the end. Turned out to be the only top 8 side Norf beat.

I am supremely confident this week. I honestly think that minus JZ, Norf don't have a hope.

Still going with my 6 goal call.

We need to play a team defense obviously - but Pears would be the likeliest candidate to stand him.
I certainly hope so. If ol' man Fletcher can't get a cross to cover Petrie will maul him.

Hooker should get 1st crack at Petrie.
Pears can get beat up a little bit on the taller type of forwards.

Would it be fair to say North are being talked up to make the finals a bit like Melbourne before the 2011 season?

Personally I still think Freo are a better chance.

Hooker will be on the dish. Will get done on long leads like he always does but should hold his own in close range/grappling contests.

This is the most polite banter thread I have ever read.
Eat my balls north.

Really just shows what every Bomber fan already knows, Heppell is equal if not better than most 3rd year players, from the 08 draft.

We'll get a better read on Heppel when he isn't predominately sitting behind the ball. He's good, but how good still remains to be seen.

Hooker will be on the dish. Will get done on long leads like he always does but should hold his own in close range/grappling contests.

This is the most polite banter thread I have ever read.
Eat my balls north.

Suck a fat one. You're adopted. You smell like old arseholes and garlic.

Hooker should get 1st crack at Petrie.
Pears can get beat up a little bit on the taller type of forwards.

Would it be fair to say North are being talked up to make the finals a bit like Melbourne before the 2011 season?

Personally I still think Freo are a better chance.
About 5% of all the so called experts put us in their top 8, so no, that's not an accurate call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back