Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really lame attempts at humor going on.

Is it just me or do others agree that this thread seems really contrived? Certainly not the same feeling as a Carlton or Hawks banter thread.

Is it just me or do others agree that having a banter thread with North just comes across as contrived? Certainly not the same feeling as a Carlton or Hawks banter thread.

Not as contrived as the Essendon coaching set up.

Is it just me or do others agree that this thread seems really contrived? Certainly not the same feeling as a Carlton or Hawks banter thread.

No, YOU'RE contrived.

Jesus, the way everyone's going on about Petrie (Essendon fans especially) it's like he's a taller, stronger, fitter version of Coleman.

i guess the thing about petrie is hes either hot or cold..

he either kicks a bag and grabs everything or does nothing at all.....

i remember at times last year he was getting triple teamed at times and still getting grabs.

a bit of pressure on the ball carrier coming in should help... in a 50/50 contest i'd back hooker to hold his own. (hibbo/fletch/hardi coming in 3rd man may help too)

SirJimmi,

Don't you know that We have a rivalry of Biblical porportions going back to the early 1200s.

Don't say things like that you will make the North supporters unhappy.
They are suffering from relevance deprevation syndrome and need something to grab onto.

i guess the thing about petrie is hes either hot or cold..

he either kicks a bag and grabs everything or does nothing at all.....

i remember at times last year he was getting triple teamed at times and still getting grabs.

a bit of pressure on the ball carrier coming in should help... in a 50/50 contest i'd back hooker to hold his own. (hibbo/fletch/hardi coming in 3rd man may help too)
Good clean and quick ball to Petrie is vital in isolating him one out. Unfortunately this is not something the happens too regularly. Perhaps that will change this year. Either way if Fletcher is within 20 meters of Petrie when the ball is kicked he will effect a spoil. Against other players he can jump over their backs and take a strong contested grab, but Fletcher is the best in the business at chopping off the ball.

SirJimmi,

Don't you know that We have a rivalry of Biblical porportions going back to the early 1200s.

They are suffering from relevance deprevation syndrome and need something to grab onto.

I suppose this will have to suffice......

Longmire99_246a.jpg

..but I have to admit that it runs a cold distant second to securing your acknowledgement.

SirJimmi,

Yes so true!!:thumbsu:
Take out your membership numbers, your bank balance, your scurrilous recruiting of your million dollar coaching staff, your grandiose plans to build 2 training grounds and remember that we have 22 of our players pitted against your 22 players and in the past 10 meetings we've saluted the judge 8 of those 10 encounters :D.
Thats what I´m holding onto.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Norf's very own, Suzi Olsen, will be doing her research prior to this clash and passing on all her inside information to her cousin, Brad...

Great way to save a dollar or two at Arden Street.

Semantics DVD, As long as my arse points to the ground just like Australia playing against England in no matter what sport we play, we just want to beat you. You´re a blue collar club wanting to be a blue ribbon one, we have history where we hate you and we like pound you simple as that.

****en couldn't agree more, getting a headache reading it.

The Hurley Affect!

40+ point victory.
None of our guys drive cabs. We'll be fine. (And it's 'effect'.)

Kong said:
I mean, I think we're going to be a pretty good side this year, but I'm just not confident playing against sides below us.
How does that play out when neither is yet above/below the other? Regardless, the ladder after Rd 1 result and beyond should mean you'll beat us in the return bout, right? ;)

Was hoping to see Loogie Hanson's tear Gumby a new one, but apparently Gumby's already done that?! :confused:

Just kidding. All it will take for an Essendon win is for them to kick straight. :thumbsu:

Hey Jim, your real coach, the Geelong bloke, is he going to try the 'leave Daniel Wells by himself' tactic again? Worked great last time.

The same Daniel Wells that averages 13.4 disposals, 0.3 goals per game against us? That Daniel Wells? Don't think Bomber will be losing too much sleep, tbh.

I just hope we can give a Bomber fan the kind of birthday prezzie we did last year.

After all, they have 678,987,453 members, so one of them must have a birthday on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back