Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
May 24, 2017
Old South Grandstand
AFL Club
Sydney
When you’re senile, it’s like Groundhog Day! Actually it not absurd at all, it merely highlights the deficiencies in your argument. It would be easier to come out and say ‘I don’t like him’ instead of manufacturing reasons for getting rid of him...then move on! It’s like a broken record!
Happily you are not on the MC. I don't insult fellow Swans fans. Only a rare one does that for themselves when their fingers crumple their keyboards.

Last edited:

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Just had an epiphany on the MB.

Not sure Mills is that devastating a loss. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. His strength is reading the play and contesting marks. He's brave but he's not a great kick and he's a little slow. If we can get more pace off HBF it might be to our advantage. We don't build structures around him so it's an easier adjustment than some.

Come at me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

Not sure Mills is that devastating a loss. He's a good player, don't get me wrong. His strength is reading the play and contesting marks. He's brave but he's not a great kick and he's a little slow. If we can get more pace off HBF it might be to our advantage. We don't build structures around him so it's an easier adjustment than some.

Come at me.
If he’s playing as a defender I actually agree to a point. Stoddart could be a great inclusion

mikey_san

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

Come at me.
He's more than a little slow...not a great kick either - but we'll still feel his loss. Given he just ends up with the ball so often and sends it back our way. Tough as too...While he may have platue...plataue...leveled out, may never be the gun mid some saw in him, we will def miss the courage and reading of the play. That reading allows him to play a lot taller than he is. That could really bite this week.
I've been calling for some run off half back for two years so I'm very excited....I just thought it'd be Macca giving way this year, not Mills.
I think we have a VERY different team now to the one of 18 months ago. Last week's training run v Freo's witch's hats might be the blueprint for this week. Run and gun, slice em and dice em. Hang on to your hats - this could get weird.

BloodySwan

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Newman is the one ripping the Neafl apart and people are talking about Aliir not getting in. Shows the favoritism around here.

To be honest I don't get these changes. I'm happy for Marsh and Stoddard but by all accounts they're not the strongest going around in the reserves

Heeney2Franklin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Newman is the one ripping the Neafl apart and people are talking about Aliir not getting in. Shows the favoritism around here.

To be honest I don't get these changes. I'm happy for Marsh and Stoddard but by all accounts they're not the strongest going around in the reserves
Its more tilted to defensive rather than offence but not surprising :)

swansfan51

Jun 3, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
What's nonsense? Who's better apart from maybe Cyril?
Players who apply more pressure than Rohan? Just for a start:

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Take that with a grain of salt though, that's only from the company that the Sydney Swans pay to provide these stats for them.

You just think that because you see him run really fast and close someone down 3 times a game, he must be doing it dozens of other times.

bungwahl

Premium Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Take that with a grain of salt though, that's only from the company that the Sydney Swans pay to provide these stats for them.

You just think that because you see him run really fast and close someone down 3 times a game, he must be doing it dozens of other times.
Would have thought there’d be a lot more than that if you’re including midfielders in the list. Much easier to apply pressure in congestion than in the forward line.

ashep

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Devon Smith
Dayne Zorko
Clayton Oliver
Tim Taranto
Jack Graham
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels
Brad Ebert
Corey Maynard
Ben Ronke
Ed Curnow
Scott Pendlebury
Mitch Crowden
Brandon Parfitt
Jarryd Lyons
Ben Jacobs
Luke Dunstan

Welp, always open to being educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom