Review Round 10, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale was incredible in the middle to a losing ruck when we were under the pump. He deserved BOG.

Daniher was the most influential player on the ground. Most things he did ended up in goals.

Dunkley ,Ashcroft ,McCluggage outstanding.

Love to see Ah Chee get that wing spot. He can jump high to mark or punch away, great defensively ,just knows what to do.

Pretty much exactly as I expected the night to pan out.
Close tight tussle for 3/4 and to pull away late were my thoughts going into the game.
Great last quarter, really did well in the middle after them pretty much dominating all the key stats after the first quarter/half.
Oscar got dominated by Witts early but kinda worked his way back into it.
Will Ashcroft has an uncanny nack of winning free kicks.
Was umpired reasonably well I thought

Last edited:
Motty was grouse. Strong suspicion Hughy might’ve found his mojo. Some disappointing aerial contests disappointed. Poor turnout from our supporters; abysmal turn out by GC’s. Blissful absence of 5s in final score. Lachie Neale’s hard ball win and handball to McCluggage (I think) in the last quarter was eyegasmic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the game, early it seemed like we weren't up for it, we were a little listless, although always thought we just had to play near our best footy and we would win comfortably.

Joe seemed to have his angry pants on, he was giving it to Sam Collins.

Loved Wilmot's game, really straight lines the ball when needed.

Our contested game really came to life in the last quarter when needed.

Will Ashcroft is deceptively quick when he needs it.

We just keep rolling on. So blessed to watch this team, 5th successive season of successful regular seasons.

Sure there’s patchy moments and we could still work on some things but taking a moment to reflect the dominance we have had for almost half a decade now. Who knows when it’ll end but this era deserves a flag or two. Keep rolling boys.

Back