Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips debut possible if we take the cautious route with Sicily. Can't see us appealing Scrim despite it being on the softer side of the law.

Tough week at selection for the coaches, CJ, Wingard, Ward all knocking on the door.

Phillips debut possible if we take the cautious route with Sicily. Can't see us appealing Scrim despite it being on the softer side of the law.

Tough week at selection for the coaches, CJ, Wingard, Ward all knocking on the door.
If we really want to, we’d get him off. That’s as soft as they come

Is it standard now that every dangerous tackle automatically gets a suspension. Stoker plays on. It appears that his momentum has caused him to go to ground when Scrimshaw tackles him.
If it gets highlighted yes. Scrimshaw was gone the moment it was put in the highlights on the AFL website

This Scrimshaw suspension puts the pressure on the Sicily return. I'm guessing we would have gone with the cautious approach but this puts pressure on that.

No Box Hill game next week, so for the likes of HMo, Chad, Rama, Ward, Easy and co, today is the day to put their best foot forward to keep their name in contention.

Wouldn't risk Sicily next week against Port due to the travel. Keep him at home and then bring him back for Lions and Crows in Melbourne - means he has had a fortnight to let it settle and get it right.

Chol to come in if available for Dear. Scrimma interesting one if he is suspended. Do you bring in CJ to play half back or do you bring in Easy for the Dixon match up?

Interesting week ahead for selection.
I’d rather we drop Gunners than Dear if Chol or Lewis get up.
Didn’t get near it yesterday.

Chol for Gunston.

If Scrimshaw's suspension is not overturned then Phillips can come in, as Port will be playing Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades and Finlayson.

Breust remains sub.

Would love to see Ward and/or CJ come in, but I don't know who would make way. Maybe Maginess?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward 27 touches, 4 tackles, 7 clearances
CJ 22 touches
Bodie 18 touches
Morrison 17 touches, 3 tackles
Bmac 16 touches
Phillips 15 touches, 8 marks
Bennetts 14 touched 1 goal
Ramsden 13 touches, 2.2 goals
Stephens 12 touches 3 tackles
Chad 7 touches 1.1 goal
DGB 7 touches
Tucker 5 touches

Sam may just play Gunston across half back to help out Weddle and Frost. Our backs are told to spoil the high ball coming in so that would suit gunner just settle in the backline not needing to out mark anyone, just peel off and intercept or spoil the ball coming in. I do think that we don't have any suitable match ups for Dixon, Georgiadis and Marshall but serong can take George, frost Dixon but Marshall could be a bit of a tricky one.
I also think our mids can match up on theirs. Just gotta watch out for their quick ball movement from half back.

Sam may just play Gunston across half back to help out Weddle and Frost. Our backs are told to spoil the high ball coming in so that would suit gunner just settle in the backline not needing to out mark anyone, just peel off and intercept or spoil the ball coming in. I do think that we don't have any suitable match ups for Dixon, Georgiadis and Marshall but serong can take George, frost Dixon but Marshall could be a bit of a tricky one.
I also think our mids can match up on theirs. Just gotta watch out for their quick ball movement from half back.
Gunner hasn't got the wheels to play in defence anymore.
Would prefer Phillips, or even Ryan, if Sic or CJ can't get up.

Port run tall with Dixon, Finlayson, Marshall, Georgiades.

I think with Scrim and possibly Sic out this is the likely the week for Phillips.

Phillips - Finlayson/Visentini
Frost - Dixon
Serong - Marshall
Weddle - Georgiades

It’s a shame because Scrim would have been the perfect matchup for Marshall. Oh well.

If Chol is fit then I think it makes sense to send Dear back to BH. He presented well again but thought it might be getting a bit much for him. Port is going to be very tough. Gunners is going to have good and bad games and the extra day will help. He is also providing good leadership in that forward line. Plus he's only a couple off 250 games. I also think Serong and Mitchell were serviceable so hope we can persevere with them. I don't think there is any urgency to bring players back since the team is all about development. And I think Scrimshaw will be OK.

CJ has to come in. He was in a different league to everyone else today. If there are concerns about him running out a whole game then make him the sub. He could be damaging as the sub. Breust to get a full game at the expense of Gunners. Finlayson usually gets off the leash against us, so we’ll have to put some work into him.

If Chol is fit then I think it makes sense to send Dear back to BH. He presented well again but thought it might be getting a bit much for him. Port is going to be very tough. Gunners is going to have good and bad games and the extra day will help. He is also providing good leadership in that forward line. Plus he's only a couple off 250 games. I also think Serong and Mitchell were serviceable so hope we can persevere with them. I don't think there is any urgency to bring players back since the team is all about development. And I think Scrimshaw will be OK.
BH has a bye next week, so I’d probably give Dear another run in the seniors.

CJ has to come in. He was in a different league to everyone else today. If there are concerns about him running out a whole game then make him the sub. He could be damaging as the sub. Breust to get a full game at the expense of Gunners. Finlayson usually gets off the leash against us, so we’ll have to put some work into him.
Finlayson is our Kryptonite. Similar to Weideman. Puts an absolute spell on our backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back