Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if true.
But I guess we will know in the next few days.

He went off early in game after hurting ankle. Came on and played out rest of game.
Maybe moon boot is to protect ankle turning into worse injury than it is.

Jiath surely comes in.
Sounds like Chol is going to be ok, he's in too.
Sicily won't get up, neither will Lewis.
Dear, Gunston and Chol up forward looks decent, the little guys at their feet. Dear stays up front, no need to ruck the future Ferrari.
DGB and Chad are both some ways off being AFL ready I would have thought, Chad needs another two weeks, DGB another two months.
I'm not keen on Phillips, but there may be no other option, debut v Port over there a super-tough ask.

Not sure about bringing in cj yet as the sub, if we cop an early injury he's going to have to play almost a full game. Don't think we'd want to make too many changes after a couple of good wins, especially with no BH this week.

Thinking either: chol in for scrim (Hardwick goes back). Leaves frost serong weddle as the 3 tall defenders.

Or

Chol in for gunston if he needs a rest and we want to go taller down back.
Phillips in for scrim, sounds like Mitchell was saying he's not quite ready last week but we would need to bring someone in and there's no one else.

Jiath surely comes in.
Sounds like Chol is going to be ok, he's in too.
Sicily won't get up, neither will Lewis.
Dear, Gunston and Chol up forward looks decent, the little guys at their feet. Dear stays up front, no need to ruck the future Ferrari.
DGB and Chad are both some ways off being AFL ready I would have thought, Chad needs another two weeks, DGB another two months.
I'm not keen on Phillips, but there may be no other option, debut v Port over there a super-tough ask.
Jiath and Chol would be great additions to play on the wide expanses of Adelaide Oval. Particularly CJ on the wing where he will have a paddock.

I like the mix of Dear, Gunston, Chol up forward. Gunston can play closer to goal and direct the other two who can put their leaps to good use.

Port have four tall forwards so I can see the argument for Phillips to help Frost, Weddle and Serong. But are Port likely to try and play all four up forward at once? That would allow us to run the ball out of D50 a lot easier if we can prevent them from marking it, which probably comes down to how well we can pressure their midfield delivering it to them.

CJ has played three quarters of a VFL game coming off hamstring and calf issues so I would be amazed if we played him. Patience is required as he gets to full fitness.

Phillips may be an option but I wonder if BMac has come into consideration. Gives us some rebound off the HBF. His Box Hill form hasn't been that great though.

CJ has played three quarters of a VFL game coming off hamstring and calf issues so I would be amazed if we played him. Patience is required as he gets to full fitness.
He’s been like a Jack in the box waiting for his chance to play again for a couple of months, so I won’t be surprised if we give him the sub.

Chol for scrim, with Hardwick going back for a full game seems the most obvious.

If CJ was also squeezed in who would we drop?

I highly doubt Sam would be as silly to rush CJ back as some are suggesting.

He hasn't played at AFL level since Round 9 last season.

I think we follow the Chad route of returning and be very cautious with CJ as chronic soft tissue injuries are things not to be taken lightly.

We aren't pushing for finals, so why rush?

It gives us the chance to see if Serong can form a relationship with Frost over a run of games, just as Frost and Scrimshaw have done.

It gives us a chance to see if Phillips can perform at the highest level.

I don't see CJ as a defender anymore tbh - I think it's now Frost, Sicily, Scrimshaw with Blanck / Phillips and Serong fighting for the last 'tall' spot.

I'd much rather CJ spent the next 2 or 3 weeks continuing to build fitness and strength to prevent more injuries and upon return stake a claim for one of the wing spots.

Imagine Weddle on one wing, CJ on the other.

I'd actually like to see both given some time even further up the ground, as with their pace, it would be a nightmare to match up on either of them in the CHF spot.

Take time with CJ, get him 100% spot on, even if that takes another 3 or 4 weeks of conditioning and set him for a huge second half of the season.

As a club, I don't see any reason, or indeed upside, of throwing a bloke who has been injured for over a year, onto a plane and into a tough game on the back of three-quarters of reserve grade footy.

He's a special talent is CJ, lets not spoil that by taking any risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unleash CJ.

It will be a pretty busy first half that's for sure.
This is my sentiment. If he’s good to go, he’s good to go. All the conditioning to get him up to speed happened prior to his return to Box Hill. When that box was ticked, we wanted to see if he had touch and he answered that question in spades on Sunday.

This is my sentiment. If he’s good to go, he’s good to go. All the conditioning to get him up to speed happened prior to his return to Box Hill. When that box was ticked, we wanted to see if he had touch and he answered that question in spades on Sunday.
From what I can tell his issues seem to be around his biomechanics rather than conditioning. I'm all for playing him and then subbing him out.

Why the fk would they? Especially against us.
mr burns GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back