Round 10 - Rising Star nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor Blakley would have to be the front runner for this round. Great game by the 20 year old midfielder for Fremantle in just his 6th AFL game.

25 disposals - 14 contested - 3 marks (1 contested) - 3 tackles - 3 hit-outs - 5 clearances - 6 inside 50s - 76% disposal efficiency

Other eligible players for round 10:

Rory Atkins: 28 disposals - 8 marks - 7 inside 50s - 78% disposal efficiency

Darcy Byrne-Jones: 23 disposals - 8 marks - 4 inside 50s - 1 goal

Billy Stretch: 21 disposals - 5 marks - 3 clearances

Josh Schache: 13 disposals - 8 marks (3 contested) - 2 goals - 2 behinds

Lachie Weller: 11 disposals - 1 mark - 5 tackles - 2 goals

Orazio Fantasia: 10 disposals - 4 marks - 4 tackles - 2 goals

If Schache had of kicked the 4 he would of had it. Unfortunaly shanked a sitter and missed a more difficult one on the boundary.

I saw the replay of saints v freo, and Blakely thoroughly deserved votes. Maybe it's his hairstyle, but he reminds me of Priddis.

DBJ has the bonus of Hinkley having a subtle dig at the people in charge. Also it's freo and everyone knows it takes them an extra week to click on to interstate players port won, which for some reason (stupidly) counts too. DBJ kept Garlett quiet in probably second worst game of the year. the ultimate back pocket/HBF game he can't do much more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a small defender DBJ kept Garlett to 9 possessions while picking up 23 himself, 4 i50s and a goal to boot. He's done the same all year too; surely it's his week.

Blakely by far. Watching the game I was thinking this is some 50-100 game player I've somehow never heard of, shat bricks when I got home and it was only his 6th game!

Went in hard all day (even the last quarter when the rest of Freo went to sleep) and was their best player imo. Thoroughly deserves the nom.

Blakely by far. Watching the game I was thinking this is some 50-100 game player I've somehow never heard of, shat bricks when I got home and it was only his 6th game!

Went in hard all day (even the last quarter when the rest of Freo went to sleep) and was their best player imo. Thoroughly deserves the nom.

Well said.

Tom Cole hopefully debuts today and has a good game for wce.

McCartin was huge again last night. We couldn't score when he was off.

Connor Blakley would have to be the front runner for this round. Great game by the 20 year old midfielder for Fremantle in just his 6th AFL game.

25 disposals - 14 contested - 3 marks (1 contested) - 3 tackles - 3 hit-outs - 5 clearances - 6 inside 50s - 76% disposal efficiency

Did it all in 56% game time. Give him the nod, we need something to cheer about :(

whats with the Cornes family and sticking their nose in everything and also Hinkley shouldn't be begging the AFL for riding star. He is getting desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back