Preview Round 11 2018: Essendon vs Richmond @ 7:25pm MCG June 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the media attention about the score review, and then there has been a fair bit of media this week about free kick differentials (including on the AFL's site), I'm thinking the umps will have been reminded about how one sided their calls against Richmond have been and pull their heads in somewhat. They might even try and rebalance the ledger somewhat.

And then we'll be crucified for winning a free kick count like we were against Brisbane.

Got this weird feeling we are going to absolutely smack them silly.

given that Essendon have swapped karma with us- they will do exactly what we would have done 10’years ago.. ie win a couple, get peoples hopes up and then get completely smashed in a match thats been built up.

so essendonny

Guys dunno if youve heard but houli is out and grimes is in
tenor.gif
upload_2018-6-1_8-30-4.jpeg

Haha we hardly ever get the run of the umps so I'd like to see that. Expect to win the free kick count like the last time we played.
That must have been the last time we won the free kick count.*

*Not that it f**king matters who wins the free kick count. It's never the reason for who wins or loses, and there's nothing that says they have to be equal or even close. Some teams give away dumb frees and we're one of them.

Haha we hardly ever get the run of the umps so I'd like to see that. Expect to win the free kick count like the last time we played.
go rewatch the 17 dreamtime game and you’ll notice the umps did their best to hand u the win on a silver platter

deeboy alone nearly cost us a win with his gifts to your mob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That must have been the last time we won the free kick count.*

*Not that it f**king matters who wins the free kick count. It's never the reason for who wins or loses, and there's nothing that says they have to be equal or even close. Some teams give away dumb frees and we're one of them.

That still doesn't explain why we're dead last in Frees For as well, despite 25% of our frees coming from holding the ball (1st in the league).
So we earn the most free kicks in the league with effort, but are still last in frees for.

Miss the article earlier this week?

We are 18th in frees for and 1st for free against for the worst free kick differential in the comp by a longggggg way

If there is one thing youll win saturday, its the free kick count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back