Preview Round 17 Richmond vs Sydney, thurs 6 july 7:20pm mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damn you guys are really melting hard hahaha. Usually I partially agree with some melts but you guys have gone crazy here. Liking the team sheet and looking forward to what we can do.

Banks for Short
MJ for Clarke
Bauer for Ryan
Prestia for Ross
Dusty for Cumberland

Two debutants and MJ for more pressure, with Dusty and Prestia in. Pretty great changes. Yes, Ross is stiff and Clarke to a lesser extent, but we do still need to have a good mix of experience in there, and Pickett back to the wing should be nice. So at least 4 changes we made are great, and one debatable one with Ross probably for McIntosh. Not really that big a deal, especially when Ross will be sub, trust the match committee, there’s a great mix of kids on that team sheet.

Hoping the team are fired up after last week, and that there’s no illness still going around. Either way, let’s enjoy getting games into kids (yes we technically dropped more than we brought in, but guys like Ryan need a rest anyway and we get two debuts), and watching Cotch and Jack play to the end.

Still sucks with Short and Lynch injured (love them both), but it gives others opportunity and hopefully we have some good hunger. Let’s smash the Swans

How the hell is Graham and kmac still in the team these youngsters they are debuting will be out of the team next week if they don’t get a kick but graham and kmac haven’t had a kick and been s**t past 2 years sorry guys we have a another Dimma clone that won’t make the hard calls on players no wonder they cop heaps on social media even blind Freddy can see these 2 senior players are rubbish at the moment
Just out of curiosity what do you yourself require Graham to do to be in the side.

Somewhat happy with the line up
Pickett & Jgti have runs on board and will be given the chance to redeem!
Ross stiff but is young and knows its his spot to lose once cotch retires this year.
Clarke n ryan can do with a spell in vfl

Go tiges
We have to move on from our premiership years and look to the future or we will be back we were 40 years ago

Ross just isn’t a winger. Pickett in form is great but he isn’t in form, but Banks is a winger as well so we can move Pickett forward if needed, Ross offers nothing up forward and there’s no room for him in the midfield. I hope the coaches have told Ross to go back to the VFL and become a midfielder.

Cumbo… seems to be getting found out for his limitations.

Judson reminds me a bit of Bolton early days because outside of a bit of flashy skill doesn’t offer enough. Judson’s made some mistakes which has limited his value to the team, needs to add more strings to his bow.

Ryan needs a spell.

Probably would’ve dropped Graham but he may be useful when we don’t have Ross in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, seems to me he's the only one who can extract himself out of difficult situations and nearly always hits somebody. He does not hot potato it to the next player and put him under pressure, so occasionally he can get in trouble, but so does everyone who works in and around packs.
Yup- I have been impressed with Ross’ poise lately
Sure he occasionally makes a blue but generally selects the right option, often under significant pressure.

I don’t understand his omission

Really, seems to me he's the only one who can extract himself out of difficult situations and nearly always hits somebody. He does not hot potato it to the next player and put him under pressure, so occasionally he can get in trouble, but so does everyone who works in and around packs.
hes not bad ball in hand but he hasnt been clean enough on the ground balls and defensively doesnt offer much. hes also not a wingman so its tough.

gulden is elite and i definitely feel more comfortable with either kmac or pickett on him than ross.

Good ins.
Dusty, Prestia and a couple of newbies to have a look at.
I'm surprised Pickett stays in, could do with a stint in the 2's to see where his mind is at. Hopefully the forward line experiment is over and he's back on the wing.
A win to start a block of winnable games and keep the slim finals hopes alive.

hope the coaches have told Ross to go back to the VFL and become a midfielder.
Become a midfielder? That's what he was until they decided to * up his development and turn him into a wingman. And now he's showing good consistent form as a wingman, we drop him.

Pretty sure I said Ross and Clarke would be dropped while hoping against hope that they wouldn't. At least Graham, McIntosh and Pickett are still in the side to continue their very ******* average form. Hooray.

Last edited:
Probably would’ve dropped Graham but he may be useful when we don’t have Ross in the team.
Ross has outperformed Graham all season and the latter part of last season.

But Ross hasn't played in a premiership so out he goes.

Yup- I have been impressed with Ross’ poise lately
Sure he occasionally makes a blue but generally selects the right option, often under significant pressure.

I don’t understand his omission
I do. Graham kicked 3 goals in the 2017 grand final and played with a busted shoulder in the 2019 preliminary final.

Graham will get picked ahead of him every time regardless of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back