Preview Round 17 Richmond vs Sydney, thurs 6 july 7:20pm mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So It's only positivity and no criticism allowed then? I'll be sure to check if it's okay to disagree with some part of team selection in the future.

* me.
Fine to criticise. I just think we as a collective on this board could be a bit more positive. There's still a lot to be happy about with what we're doing atm.

Kmac isn't providing defensive coverage though.... he used too, and he used to be bloody good at it... he's not doing it now, nothing more than a kid could easily offer

The only touch he got in Brisbanes F50 last week was the one McCarthy put on his chin.
McIntosh's role is basically to just be in the right position defensively, so stats don't really tell you anything in terms of whether he's doing what he's supposed to. I agree you could get any kid with decent running capacity to do the same sort of thing though

How the * does Kmac survive, he isn't the future, and his form says he isn't even in the now... yet we persist.
And don't give me this crap he play's his role... he's not playing his role, he is getting beat week in week out and not applying the pressure he used and what his role asks....

With Pickett back on a wing, Banks to play another wing, Ross play HF and provide relief on the wing, Kmac out!

You can't remember Kmac fumble it 5-6 times because he hasn't touched it 5 or 6 times, his opponent, though, touched it plenty of times!
Now now. Mustn't criticise the underperforming senior players or the match committee.

McIntosh's role is basically to just be in the right position defensively, so stats don't really tell you anything in terms of whether he's doing what he's supposed to. I agree you could get any kid with decent running capacity to do the same sort of thing though
I understand what his role is, but he's not doing it... And trust me, I've been involved with foothy long enough not to be fooled by stats and supercoach scores and all that s**t.

Kmac is badly out of form, he is not stopping the oppo either whether it be pressure or defensive positioning...

Fine to criticise. I just think we as a collective on this board could be a bit more positive. There's still a lot to be happy about with what we're doing atm.
I disagree. This has been a very disappointing season. I can't find too much to be happy about this year. It's great that Banks and Bauer are getting a chance this week, but it's looking like another wasted year unless we can somehow pull off a miracle over the last 8 weeks.

How the * does Kmac survive, he isn't the future, and his form says he isn't even in the now... yet we persist.
And don't give me this crap he play's his role... he's not playing his role, he is getting beat week in week out and not applying the pressure he used and what his role asks....

I like Vanilla 😕

Maybe nothing stands out, except his evasive skills in tight, ability to kick long goals and ability to find the ball more then many other players who have more flashy tricks.

Epitome of a consistent contributor- important member of a whole team.
He's fair way from being Neapolitan;)

Rapt to have Dusty and Prestia back. Been dying to see Banks and Bauer so pretty happy with 4/5 inclusions. Think McQualter saw our pressure was abysmal last week and figured MRJ will solve that. Hoping to be proven wrong and times on his side but not sure MRJ is even VFL standard based on this year. Spewing Ross got dropped. Would've loved Graham and McIntosh out and Pickett and Banks on the wings rotating with Ross.

I went the early crow on Banks over the obvious Gibcus and Sonsie so hoping the kid cements his spot in the team and quiet games are tolerated. I have a bad feeling Buddy will kick 5 and Heeney or Papley will Bob up for a bag too. Season's on the line. Carn the Tiges!

Is Banks fast/a good ball user? If not then we only have one runner out of the backline with Rioli. We really need 2 bakers at the moment
This is why MRJ and Clarke need to play. Only time we’ve looked good this year was the StKilda game.
We are getting left for dead bc of all the older guys on the list and some blokes haven’t kicked on.
Only surprise was they didn’t drop Miller for Soldo.
Banks is interesting as I can’t tell whether he’s quick or not bc he just seems to cruise in second gear.
Can’t wait for Brown to get a game in 2025. 😂

Prestia is definitely playing. Ross likely the Sub
Prestia is no longer considered Cherry Ripe.

884b495ba10fabd791017f718be53425.jpg

Last edited:
Took the easy option,Dropping the young blokes from the side.

Disappointing selection.

We’ve got 5 x blokes under 25-games in starting 22…. you rarely win with more than that. Sydney game earlier in the year we had 9 and got run over accordingly.

I know Ross has played 55 games, but given we’ve already got 5 x really raw kids and 2 debutants they’ve obviously favoured experience and a harder edge with JGTI, Pickett and Macca over Ross. Ross likely sub, or Prestia a late out and Ross into 22.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

hes not bad ball in hand but he hasnt been clean enough on the ground balls and defensively doesnt offer much. hes also not a wingman so its tough.

gulden is elite and i definitely feel more comfortable with either kmac or pickett on him than ross.

FWIW this season JGTI averages 18 pressure acts and Ross 11. Also more tackles and significantly more SI’s - so that’s likely why he got the nod. Having said that I think Graham, Macca and Pickett are all in the last chance saloon this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup- I have been impressed with Ross’ poise lately
Sure he occasionally makes a blue but generally selects the right option, often under significant pressure.

I don’t understand his omission
I don’t really, either. Not that he should or shouldn’t; just seems a bit tough.

Funny how often him being young or still developing gets said.

If it wasn’t for Marlion getting miraculously elevated for the 2019 grand final, Ross would have been a premiership player. Must have been difficult to handle as an 18 or 19 year old but was quite an achievement for a kid so young. Still developing? More a case of not nailing down a permanent role, I think.

Maybe he is still developing but it seems a bit odd given that it’s now four years since he almost played in a premiership and would have if the current 22 plus sub rule was in place.

Screw these selections... no Ross? No Clarke?? And why the hell aren't some wealthy collection of buggers in Sweden doing something to bring back Saab?????????? It's been years now and I'm not having it!!!!!!

Go well Bauer and Bankertron 3000.

Up the Tigs!!

You said you were checking out 4 posts ago. Just check out already
Angry Soccer GIF by Atlanta United
Sad Violin GIF by Gogglebox Australia
Actually if you read it properly this is what I said:

I don't think I am at all. He gets brought back in after injury underdone, plays poorly and somehow always retains his spot. He'll probably be our next captain.

Anyway, we'll see. I could go on but I won't.

Okay maybe I will.
Didn't make it all the way to the end? Never mind. You'll do better next time.

The good news is I'd better stick around now for two reasons; one, as a paid up member for decades I'll express my opinion any way I feel like it and if that gets up the noses of some on here like yourself who can't handle a bit of criticism towards the form or lack of it regarding certain players, and/or what I perceive as poor selections by the match committee, well I guess I can live with that. By the way, the only omission I think is wrong is that of Ross and to a lesser degree, Clarke, while McIntosh and Graham in particular remain anchored to the side regardless of form, which is average at best. The second reason is my criticism seems to upset a few on here which I find hilarious. I didn't realise we all must have the same opinion and it must be positive at all times. It appears there are some very, very precious posters in here.

So, to sum up, you can just move on and deal with it, maybe put me on ignore (believe me I won't notice or care) and just get on with things.

And on the bright side it's a new morning. The best part of the day to go * yourself.

We’ve got 5 x blokes under 25-games in starting 22…. you rarely win with more than that. Sydney game earlier in the year we had 9 and got run over accordingly.

I know Ross has played 55 games, but given we’ve already got 5 x really raw kids and 2 debutants they’ve obviously favoured experience and a harder edge with JGTI, Pickett and Macca over Ross. Ross likely sub, or Prestia a late out and Ross into 22.

Just thinking out loud.... Need to appoint a Coach with big enough coconuts to drop a premiership player? — more Cronyism than at Brethren Business Association
Suck Up Yes Man GIF by Noise Nest Network

This Club is going to the dogs.... Still best Club in the World though
Actually if you read it properly this is what I said:

Didn't make it all the way to the end? Never mind. You'll do better next time.

The good news is I'd better stick around now for two reasons; one, as a paid up member for decades I'll express my opinion any way I feel like it and if that gets up the noses of some on here like yourself who can't handle a bit of criticism towards the form or lack of it regarding certain players, and/or what I perceive as poor selections by the match committee, well I guess I can live with that. By the way, the only omission I think is wrong is that of Ross and to a lesser degree, Clarke, while McIntosh and Graham in particular remain anchored to the side regardless of form, which is average at best. The second reason is my criticism seems to upset a few on here which I find hilarious. I didn't realise we all must have the same opinion and it must be positive at all times. It appears there are some very, very precious posters in here.

So, to sum up, you can just move on and deal with it, maybe put me on ignore (believe me I won't notice or care) and just get on with things.

And on the bright side it's a new morning. The best part of the day to go * yourself.
Nailed the dismount lol
olympics fail GIF

Ross just isn’t a winger. Pickett in form is great but he isn’t in form, but Banks is a winger as well so we can move Pickett forward if needed, Ross offers nothing up forward and there’s no room for him in the midfield. I hope the coaches have told Ross to go back to the VFL and become a midfielder.

Cumbo… seems to be getting found out for his limitations.

Judson reminds me a bit of Bolton early days because outside of a bit of flashy skill doesn’t offer enough. Judson’s made some mistakes which has limited his value to the team, needs to add more strings to his bow.

Ryan needs a spell.

Probably would’ve dropped Graham but he may be useful when we don’t have Ross in the team.
'Ross offers nothing as a forward'. He was in our top few on the ground in the Brisbane final with 23 disposals and a shite load of scoring involvements. The week before against Essendon, the same. He was a revelation at half forward because nobody thought he would be any good there.

But, as you mention, the going back to the VFL to become a midfielder again is on the money I think, I hope. The reality is that MacIntosh and Pickett are fixtures on the wings, and no matter what anyone says they are pretty good in those positions. A lot of Mac bashing, but he does a lot of good work as well.

Then you have HRS, Banks, Brown, Trezise, Sonsie, Clarke, Smith and probably a few others who need games at some stage and could all play wing to some extent, and Mac and Pickett are no spring chickens, so not long to go.

So why not say too Ross, go back and dominate and become a proper midfielder. For all we know they may have said it's for 2 weeks only before we give Cotchin a spell, maybe Prestia, and also we have nobody else in our club who could come in and replace Hopper and Taranto. Dow hasn't shown enough and besides that all our other mids in the VFL are VFL players.

I hope they do the same with Cumberland, stick him in the guts and make him learn to play football, give him some responsibility, because that is what is primarily missing in his game, needs to get hold of the football, the rest will take care of itself.

Ross doesn't give the defensive coverage those two give. Sydney have a tall forward line, could do with aerial help Kmac and Pickett give when they fill the hole.
Ross had 9 marks last week, a few other them contested in the whole where he has to stand. MacIntosh had 2. Ross is quite good defensively.

This is why MRJ and Clarke need to play. Only time we’ve looked good this year was the StKilda game.
We are getting left for dead bc of all the older guys on the list and some blokes haven’t kicked on.
Only surprise was they didn’t drop Miller for Soldo.
Banks is interesting as I can’t tell whether he’s quick or not bc he just seems to cruise in second gear.
Can’t wait for Brown to get a game in 2025. 😂
Maybe Miller is the one to tag Blakey, although it would have been fun to see Soldo try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back