Autopsy Roast & toast vs Brisbane and changes for Sydney, round 17, Thurs July 6, MCG, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely foreign?
How do you explain getting smacked by the Suns three times in a row???
Nothing foreign in listless performances.
Sydney this year was listless.
North Melbourne last year was listless.
Essendon was listless.

I said ‘Listless without any fight’ ….. we were level with Sydney late in game before being overrun (we had 9 players under 25-games that night). Bombers are in the 8 and we led them with 20-seconds left.

I should have said ‘uncompetitive’ as opposed to ‘listless and without fight’. Sometimes we are just not good enough, make howling errors, don’t kick straight, choke at the end of games etc… but from the start of 2017 I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen us put up the white flag as we did Thursday night.

Thursday night both TT and Baker didn’t body line the ball at certain stages …. that’s foreign to me… big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah that’s why I’m OK with him in. His performance in his 300th was awesome. Graham probably only played well against Adelaide from memory.

Either way, I don’t think Ross should’ve been dropped. He’s had a much better season than Graham including last week’s game.

Graham averages 18.8 pressure acts v 11.4 for Ross. Also many more tackles. So no doubt with Martin back in and Bolton playing more midfield they’d be concerned about lack of pressure on Sydney’s ball carriers.

With 2 debutants plus MRJ, Young and Miller they’ve erred on a harder nut with more experience.

I don’t mind either way, as Ross is pretty vanilla to me - just does all things ‘ok’ and nothing more, although he does seem to be improving.

Having said that I believe all of Macca, Pickett and Graham are one more bad game away from VFL or the subs vest.

Having said that I believe all of Macca, Pickett and Graham are one more bad game away from VFL or the subs vest.
Nope. They simply will not be dropped. The only way any of them goes out of the side is if they're injured.

Hopefully Maurice has an improved game. :) Good side even if many still not happy.

Some aren't but he is playing a role that role is pressure and tackling. Last week 7 of our forwards had a combined 3 tackles. Graham 2, Pickett 1, and the others Jack, Ryan, Miller, Cumberland, and Clarke had zero.

Should have been in for Pickett , can t see for the life of me how he’s kept his spot , has been poor for most of this season

Pickett was woeful last week, he wasn't the only one though. Once the side is announced we can give our 2 bobs worth but come tomorrow night I hope they all have a big game and we win. Pickett returning to the wing, where he has played his best football in the past.

Absolutely startling call on Ross.
I'm not sure how a coach goes looking him in the eye and telling him that he's dropped, while Graham, McIntosh and Pickett were awful and have been most of the year.
Beggars belief.

I agree with Ross thought he has played well enough of late to stay in. Against the Lions, he had 21 disposals and 9 marks.

Maybe the club was listening to SEN a few days ago, Kano had someone from champion data talking about midfielders' disposals and where the ball ends up. Either nowhere or in a scoring chain. Ross's ranked in the bottom 5 for scoring chains. The Saints have 3 of their mids in the bottom 5 in the league which is not good.

Graham averages 18.8 pressure acts v 11.4 for Ross. Also many more tackles. So no doubt with Martin back in and Bolton playing more midfield they’d be concerned about lack of pressure on Sydney’s ball carriers.

With 2 debutants plus MRJ, Young and Miller they’ve erred on a harder nut with more experience.

I don’t mind either way, as Ross is pretty vanilla to me - just does all things ‘ok’ and nothing more, although he does seem to be improving.

Graham’s tackling and pressure is better than Ross’, but I feel like he’s also less consistent than Ross.

Graham may have a decent game tomorrow, but he is prone to go missing the next week or the week after. With the number of wins we need, can we really afford that? Not sure.

On that topic, is Graham injured? I don’t know why, but it always looks like he’s hobbling whenever he tries to chase a player down. If that’s the problem then he may need some time off.

On that topic, is Graham injured? I don’t know why, but it always looks like he’s hobbling whenever he tries to chase a player down. If that’s the problem then he may need some time off.
I think it's a bit of extra bulk and a result of more than his share of leg and foot injuries. He's just slow. Resilient, but slow.

Should have been in for Pickett , can t see for the life of me how he’s kept his spot , has been poor for most of this season
Well at least Pickett is out of the forward line. It didn't work. I've stopped wondering about JG and Kmac.

A revamped forward line anyhow.
Ryan out and Miller back up ruck is good.

I hope its pre bye Richmond that turns up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bite the bullet,trade out bopper @ seasons end,get an early 2nd rounder in even if it means paying 200k of his salary
gotta minimise the damage now,hes not gonna last 4 more seasons let alone 6
With all due respect, of all the super s**t ideas I have seen on here, and I have seen plenty, this is right up there with the shittest.

With all due respect, of all the super s**t ideas I have seen on here, and I have seen plenty, this is right up there with the shittest.
my bad ,i just remembered we're pushin top 4 ,for a moment there i thought we were 15th on the ladder and sh*t with no first round pick for next season
and no development watso ever from our youngsters tripled with possibility that if Lynch fails to come up we're well n truly in the hole faaarked from '24-'26,oh well lucky twas only a bad dream

my bad ,i just remembered we're pushin top 4 ,for a moment there i thought we were 15th on the ladder and sh*t with no first round pick for next season
and no development watso ever from our youngsters tripled with possibility that if Lynch fails to come up we're well n truly in the hole faaarked from '24-'26,oh well lucky twas only a bad dream
So you’d convince a bloke to come to the club then trade him 12 months later and consider it good business? No player would ever deal with us again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back