Preview Round 17 Richmond vs Sydney, thurs 6 july 7:20pm mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gees it would be a miracle if we did….to do that we need to win 7 of the 8 remaining games
No we actually don't, win tomorrow and we can do this 12th 4pts out, 10th 2 pts out, 8th 2pts in after the hawks game and there is no need to look past this game until it's been played. Then one can look at the final 5 games and go from there.

6 points covers 4th to 15th. it's never been that close before on the ladder with 8 games to go since the comp went to 18 teams and we have played an extra game this year.

I wouldn't bet on it.
Ross is certainly stiff to miss out, but he’s very likely to be sub, honestly. If he isn’t, that sucks but it’s just one change, he’ll get more games, and Graham wouldn’t want to underperform again. Pickett is back on the win, so you’re not dropping him, the coaches like McIntosh, and im sure they’re smarter than us regarding him. So Ross is pushed to half forward, and it’s either him or Graham for Prestia, and hopefully Graham provides more pressure than last week.

Someone has to tag Blakey because he cuts sides up. Pickett is the obvious one, taking another hit for the side, although from left field could be fun to see MacIntosh do it also. MacIntosh would be a prick of a tagger.
Why is it that the tigers are so good at recruiting and developing players who's surname starts with "B". We already have Balta, Broad, Baker and Bolton. Now we have Bauer and Banks with Brown and Bradke not far off. Not one of them are a first round pick. In our VFL team is Ben Bilston-McGillen Tom Bower Tom Brachar Will Bravo and Tom Brindley. Of course we will have to recruit father-son Harry Broderick next year. Some good kids in that lot. I don't understand how we passed on Jack Buller in the mid-season draft.
I'm sure there must be some other players on the fringes of other clubs we can chase in the off season. If they can kick a footy and their surname begins with "B"; get they in the side.

Someone has recruit the Lizard

Ross is certainly stiff to miss out, but he’s very likely to be sub, honestly. If he isn’t, that sucks but it’s just one change, he’ll get more games, and Graham wouldn’t want to underperform again. Pickett is back on the win, so you’re not dropping him, the coaches like McIntosh, and im sure they’re smarter than us regarding him. So Ross is pushed to half forward, and it’s either him or Graham for Prestia, and hopefully Graham provides more pressure than last week.
I agree with everything you've said, except Graham will never, ever be dropped by the current match committee. If he plays a bad game again this week he'll still be there next week. Ditto Pickett and McIntosh to a slightly lesser degree.

And I wouldn't bank on Pickett being back on the wing either. Hasn't Banks been playing on the wing in the VFL? Plus we've just dropped 2 forwards in Clarke and Cumberland. I reckon he'll still be playing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with everything you've said, except Graham will never, ever be dropped by the current match committee. If he plays a bad game again this week he'll still be there next week. Ditto Pickett and McIntosh to a slightly lesser degree.

Graham is also rushed back after long term injuries with no vfl form and match fitness. Has been his whole career. Protected species

And I wouldn't bank on Pickett being back on the wing either. Hasn't Banks been playing on the wing in the VFL? Plus we've just dropped 2 forwards in Clarke and Cumberland. I reckon he'll still be playing forward.
Dusty and MJ take those forward spots, and Pickett was named on the wing. Our team sheets have been pretty accurate as to where players play recently I think. Banks might play on the wing too, but he is coming in for Short. Think you’re being dramatic regarding Graham, but he’s certainly had a down year. Probably not ideal he’s not out, but overall our changes are great so I’m not too bothered. It’s essentially Prestia for Ross there, which is an upgrade you’d think lol. Ross for Graham might be another upgrade, but probably less so

Think you’re being dramatic regarding Graham
I don't think I am at all. He gets brought back in after injury underdone, plays poorly and somehow always retains his spot. He'll probably be our next captain.

Anyway, we'll see. I could go on but I won't.

Okay maybe I will.

Dusty and MJ take those forward spots, and Pickett was named on the wing. Our team sheets have been pretty accurate as to where players play recently I think. Banks might play on the wing too, but he is coming in for Short. Think you’re being dramatic regarding Graham, but he’s certainly had a down year. Probably not ideal he’s not out, but overall our changes are great so I’m not too bothered. It’s essentially Prestia for Ross there, which is an upgrade you’d think lol. Ross for Graham might be another upgrade, but probably less so
Ross had gone to pickets wing and I thought was playing better than what he delivered , Pickett had been deep i50 lately which I don’t believe he suits as he is an ordinary mark . So full circle Pickett onto the wing , reckon banks goes back

How the * do we drop Jack Ross and continue to play Graham?

Yup- I have been impressed with Ross’ poise lately
Sure he occasionally makes a blue but generally selects the right option, often under significant pressure.

I don’t understand his omission
He's pretty vanilla.
Nothing stands out that separates him from the rest on the fringe.

Selection questions aside, it’s a decent side we have out there. Pretty much our full strength midfield. If we get towelled up at clearances like last week there is no excuse. I’m expecting a great game of footy.

Be good to see Buddy go around again live. Maybe the last opportunity to do so.

No we actually don't, win tomorrow and we can do this 12th 4pts out, 10th 2 pts out, 8th 2pts in after the hawks game and there is no need to look past this game until it's been played. Then one can look at the final 5 games and go from there.

6 points covers 4th to 15th. it's never been that close before on the ladder with 8 games to go since the comp went to 18 teams and we have played an extra game this year.
Average wins needed for a spot in the 8…
13 wins guarantees a spot in the 8
12 maybe…there are 3 other teams who have a draw …we have the worst % of those by a fair bit

That means

win 7 and lose 1 …guaranteed
win 6 and lose 2…and hope everything goes our way

let’s see how we go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back