Preview Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 29th May, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was because we didn't have any small forwards in the team against the crows.
But we had a midfield who didn't go deep enough into the forward half, and Long and Billings who played high and didn't really do enough at ground level deep forward- I guess any forwards who are shorter than 190cm are smalls in my book :)

There is absolutely zero percent chance that Long gets dropped on current form. Extraordinary thinking.
Current form? 4 disposals against the Crows and gave away more frees then he had touches, including a couple of ridiculous attempts to mark. Was average against the Cats as well. Probably has some credits from the earlier rounds but current form is average.

Current form? 4 disposals against the Crows and gave away more frees then he had touches, including a couple of ridiculous attempts to mark. Was average against the Cats as well. Probably has some credits from the earlier rounds but current form is average.
So what do you think of Sharman, DMAC, Wood, NWM and Billings then? All were ordinary. Should they go as well?

Ratts singled out Long for praise in the post game discussion against Geelong. Sometimes its more than just disposals.

Ratts singled out Long for praise in the post game discussion against Geelong. Sometimes its more than just disposals.
Yeah - and he might single him out again at training this week but for very different reasons.

No sugar coating - was very very poor on Saturday night. Didn't do any of the things that are expected.

If you are all about "rewarding form" then equally you also need to be about "not accepting poor form".

Might get another chance - but based on form, and given that Jones, then Billings and now Clark will be back in the team, then Butler is a more logical choice as the small pressure forward.

Yeah - and he might single him out again at training this week but for very different reasons.

No sugar coating - was very very poor on Saturday night. Didn't do any of the things that are expected.

If you are all about "rewarding form" then equally you also need to be about "not accepting poor form".

Might get another chance - but based on form, and given that Jones, then Billings and now Clark will be back in the team, then Butler is a more logical choice as the small pressure forward.
I agree POS that he was poor against the Crows, in reality we were extremely lucky to get the 4 points. if you noticed i was referring to the post about him being poor against Geelong. We need to make changes this week as our forward pressure was non-existant and that is one of Longs KPI's.

That's true but he can also give away silly free kicks when making unrealistic attempts at selfish spekkies in our F50 like in the Adelaide game.

Last edited:
So what do you think of Sharman, DMAC, Wood, NWM and Billings then? All were ordinary. Should they go as well?
Depends if we have better options. Of those you mention I reckon Sharman might be in strife. Two games and very little impact. If available Butler and/or Higgins are better options as small forwards then Long. He probably has enough credits this year to deserve another chance so maybe put him in defence. But Saturday nights effort was beyond ordinary. He was a liability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect another whistle fest on the weekend after Noble complained about the frees against North.

Will go but feel the game me be unwatchable due to over umpiring.
Hopefully not with all the media around it this week.

Has to be -

Higgo for Long (unlucky but Sharman is in to stop King getting double/triple teamed and he is likely to kick a few himself)

Clark for Wang (let him go back to Sandy and get more of the ball and kick a few goals)

Bytel/Byrnes for Windhager ( same ... good for him to go back to Sandy and get it 30 times and kick a few goals)

Loved to get Highmore in but he is a direct replacement for either Battle or Wilkie ..... unless one of them needs a rest

Billings stays in ..... gamewinner when on

Highmore probably better than Byrnes even.
I thought Highmores disposal pretty poor early in the game. Same with Connolly. No doubt Highmore worked his way back into it and his numbers at the end of the day stand up. But it was turnover city early on and helped Carlton's reserves blow passed us to a four goal to zip lead at the start.

The fitness stood out in the reserves. The longer the game went on the more run we had, so hats off to Walshy. He has done a fine job with the Saints.

Higgins definitely in if he is right to go.

Bringing Clark in for Naz against North is smart in my opinion. He will definitely provide run, and be a better proposition for contested ground balls. Then he can go back to the VFL for the bye week and hopefully be hotting his straps after the bye.

Again, I thought Leinert was our best last week. He would have to come in at the expense of Webster or Paton though, and I'd lean to Webster. Paton has come back from a serious leg injury though so maybe an extended rest would benefit him the most. I do like Websters aggression, but his form would have to be slightly weaker. I also think it would be wise to ensure that Lienert gets periodical game time just to help develop his connection with our other senior players before the pointy end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back