Preview Round 11: No Changes v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

They're playing 6 tall defenders. Henderson, Lonergan, Mackie, Stewart, Kolodjashnij and Taylor

Seems to me that with our four talls they still want at least one loose tall to patrol the place ;)
They will have 2 free back. We have to hit up targets at half forward and definitely no bombing into our forward half. Need to get it in the hands of smith, sloane, greenwood, douglas, tex who can bomb goals from 60. They will tag Lynch. Sloane to run with Selwood and Greenwood/Douglas to run with Danger please. They will try and put Scott Selwood on Sloane. We need to be very physical with Scott Selwood as a team.

Last edited:

They're taller than Fremantle. I think what they're trying to do is completely nullify us in the air which worked very successfully against us last time. They made us kick long into the forward line where their talls would peel off and take uncontested marks, preventing our smalls from getting involved.

We need to man up on whoever is in their defence at all times to prevent this

Our game styles quite different this year is this going to work for them only time will tell. Freo defence was quite slow if Cats are the same this could be interesting Bews out for Cats is a big loss

Looking at that on paper, it's a very balanced line up. Obviously we'd prefer Knight in for Mackay but I actually think it's a solid looking 22.

It's all about the midfield. Sauce, Sloane, Crouch, Crouch, Douglas. If those 5 break even with Smith, Selwood, Dangerfield, Duncan and Guthrie then we win the match.

M Crouch and Sloane will try their guts out. Just like Selwood and Dangerfield will for them. For me it's what Douglas and B Crouch can dish up. Need a huge effort from them, especially early.

So long as an "out" is not the attitude from last week, I'm fine with the selections.

Turn up ready to play, turn up for 4 quarters, turn up with our smart footy and we will win.

Big ifs though given previous experience

No Bews on Betts this week interesting. Cats board starting to melt think there to tall and cameron and betts are gonna tear them up
They're backing themselves in that if they put enough pressure on our mids we'll have s**t delivery all night, and they can pick them off one by one like they do every time.

Please crows, do something different for once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFA

Did you watch Riley in the SANFL last week??

Pretty average in a team that dominated.

Clearly needs a couple of games to get up to speed looking at that.

Which is why I'm comfortable with Dmac being in this week. Gooch has already been burnt and Knight off an interrupted preseason will benefit from the run. What I disagree strongly with is the talk that not picking your best team doesn't make a difference. The, "22nd selected doesn't matter" crowd are delusional, we're. It that good that we can afford to put anything on the park other than the crew that is most likely to win us a flag. Dmac is a 100%, rolled hold certainty to not feature in that particular crew.

Need I remind people of the VB/Kangaroos debacle? 22nd picked players DO lose matches.

They're backing themselves in that if they put enough pressure on our mids we'll have s**t delivery all night, and they can pick them off one by one like they do every time.

Please crows, do something different for once.

Yeah gotta be honest can't see us doing this again

Whats the go with Tex, is he in doubt?

I thought that he injured himself early in last week's match (excusing his "lazy" performance), so I am not at all surprised at the suggestion that he is "sore". In that case, I am much less annoyed by Mackay's inclusion than the playing of a sore captain. Have we not learned from last year? Give them a rest if they aren't fit.

I want Mackay out but I think the difference between him and who can replace him right now is pretty minimal. Longer term, I would think a clear benefit would show but I dont think for this week in isolation it will be the difference between winning and losing. I'd still rather try one of the developing players though.

I want Mackay out but I think the difference between him and who can replace him right now is pretty minimal. Longer term, I would think a clear benefit would show but I dont think for this week in isolation it will be the difference between winning and losing. I'd still rather try one of the developing players though.
I don't know what the difference the 22nd picked man makes. If it does not make any difference, why don't the selectors remove the 22nd picked player every week and give the job to any emerging player in the 2nds as well as all new draftees.? Just to see what they have got to give.
They should be doing this every week. This way we wouldn't have any " whipping boys" to vent our anger at when we lose. Or, would we?
I have an idea that if DMack was removed, the next 22nd player picked (according to this forum), would definitely be Douggie.;)

If you're expecting the 22nd player picked to make a significant difference - either winning, or losing - then the first 21 aren't doing their jobs right either.

Mackay almost certainly won't win the game for the Crows tomorrow. He sure as hell won't lose it for them either.
A 150 game player shouldn't be the 22nd picked though. Should he? That's the issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back