Autopsy Round 12 - Positives & Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

He was All Australian as inside mid. No way wasted, but he should be rested up forward more and kicking more goals. Nightmare match up with his power, marking and long kicking. In an ideal world he, Shuey and Kelly all rotate through half forward

He is two games back from having 12 months out of the game....his time will come up forward again be patient there is enough marking power there already

I was getting frustrated with Williams on Sunday but after watching the game again with the emotion out of it I actually think he almost had a really good game. He's doing all the hard things right like work rate and getting himself into dangerous positions. Just other parts of his game aren't clicking for him. Watching him it looks like he doesn't believe he belongs at this level yet. I am positive in time, he's going to be a damaging ruck/forward for us in the future.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Beat a 14th placed team away.
Won at SCG first time in 22yrs(?) because we didn't play Sydney and played a 14th placed team.
Ryan should do less interviews. Great to watch him play, not to listen to...
The usual bunch of inefficient disposals or poor decision making (bombing it to no-one for a turnover)
Another injury out - Shep.... Ryan might pull up sore?
JK+Oscar back next week?
Yeo - great to see his grunt-work back around the packs.
Got 4 points, keeps us in touch, maybe?
Dunno 'bout you but I love listening to Ryan. Just tells it how it is, no bullshit.

Can somebody take Brad Shepherd aside and tell him how to approach a front on contest.Hes 30yrs old and an AA surely he should know how to protect himself? Thats twice now ive seen him hit a contest front on instead of turning the shoulder.Bloody stupid!!!

Can somebody take Brad Shepherd aside and tell him how to approach a front on contest.Hes 30yrs old and an AA surely he should know how to protect himself? Thats twice now ive seen him hit a contest front on instead of turning the shoulder.Bloody stupid!!!
I was very furious till he got subbed out. Even a half tackle would have resulted in a turnover or Delaying Saad getting the ball quickly/efficiently into the forward line. I swear not many of our lads know how to bunp properly either. Most of the time when they for it they stuff it up

I was very furious till he got subbed out. Even a half tackle would have resulted in a turnover or Delaying Saad getting the ball quickly/efficiently into the forward line. I swear not many of our lads know how to bunp properly either. Most of the time when they for it they stuff it up

100%
Can't tackle, can't bump (a few exceptions) - that's another reason nobody fears us.

Got to be happy with the 3 youngsters this week - the Edwards boys and XON

Not winning a nomination but when we get 3 of our lads in the top 15, it is starting to look better

View attachment 1149963
I reckon Harry Edwards wouldve been in the convo for the nomination this week, but Cox definitely deserved it.

A good spirited win at the ground when we went in undermanned; and the new kits all made a contribution. Our old leaders were magnificent though. After two replays one trend emerging is they we we're beaten in the air again. (Outs dont help). Also it was a close game throughout with Carlton have more scoring shots early. Errors from both team kept it competitive.

We need to be realistic, until we have the best 18 on the ground success against good teams will be flukey. We just need to keep up the spirit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to a re-watch. What a fantastic win and my god never overestimate Carlton.

All the big boys turned up, Sheed, Naitanui, Redden, Gaff, Barrass, Hurn and how I've been waiting for that Ryan performance - very gutsy. Such a good leading forward, the only similar small I can think of is Jamie Elliot, both have great leaps, excellent leading patterns and assured hands.

Also thought Petch had an almost game and was good early. XON promising, didn't really get out marked which is fantastic. Both Edwards showed a lot as well. Foley, Jones good too.

And Langdon, he had a seriously good game. Ran all day, halved a lot of contests, all over the ground, and kicked a very nice goal. If he can play to that level consistently, he deserves a game.

Williams was very poor, but he still led to good positions. Next time he may clunk a few or at least halve more contests. Still, I think in a clutch final I'd rather Allen ruck and go smaller.

Biggest positive was Yeo. Finally some mongrel dog.

Biggest negative - we won, but Carlton are terrible.

Can somebody take Brad Shepherd aside and tell him how to approach a front on contest. He's 30yrs old and an AA surely he should know how to protect himself? That's twice now I've seen him hit a contest front on instead of turning the shoulder. Bloody stupid!!!
Brad Sheppard got caught in two minds, he's normally barrelling people over to get the ball, but on this occasion I think he expected more evasive action from the opponent which never came.

I don't think it is a recurring issue of his. He tackles well.

Brad Sheppard got caught in two minds, he's normally barrelling people over to get the ball, but on this occasion I think he expected more evasive action from the opponent which never came.

I don't think it is a recurring issue of his. He tackles well.

He said he was caught between bump and tackle, and realised a bump would have him rubbed out for a month. Said in hindsight he should have stood and waited when he realised he wasn't going to get the ball first.

He said he was caught between bump and tackle, and realised a bump would have him rubbed out for a month. Said in hindsight he should have stood and waited when he realised he wasn't going to get the ball first.
I like the fact that he doesn't stand and wait often though, it's a strength of his and his courage normally is rewarded. This time not so much, but that's football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back