Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Pies fans. Hope you don't mind me popping by. We have a group of 12 coming over from Adelaide to watch the Crows game next weekend and we were keen to come to the Pies game on the Friday night. We have left it a bit late to get tickets. Do we have any options as the game seems to be sold out? Cheers.
Supporters have the option to sell their seat if they choose not go to the match..may be worth calling the club in the morning to see if they have more info.

No.

Miss 2 games and return in the 3rd week.

21 days.

Rehabilitation and Return to Play​

Timeframes for rehabilitation and return to sport vary depending on the nature and severity of the strain. As a general rule, Grade 1 hamstring strains should be rested from sporting activity for about three weeks and Grade 2 injuries for a minimum of four to eight weeks. In the case of a complete rupture (Grade 3 strain), the muscle may have to be repaired surgically and the rehabilitation to follow will take about three months.

Actually, the standard is to miss 3 weeks and return on the 4th week. We took a punt and it didn't work out, that's fine because we really had no choice
Do we know that it is re-torn? Harrison was subbed out a couple of weeks ago with hamstring awareness and then played the following week.

Do we know that it is re-torn? Harrison was subbed out a couple of weeks ago with hamstring awareness and then played the following week.
I don't think the club has confirmed anything as yet. A few went for scans today, others to be assessed.

I'm guessing they'll know more by tomorrow.

It does depend on the severity but a grade one tear requires 3 weeks to heal and you play in the following week but if the game was 22 days later, you could probably play. We don't know the severity of it though and that doesn't help

It does depend on the severity but a grade one tear requires 3 weeks to heal and you play in the following week but if the game was 22 days later, you could probably play. We don't know the severity of it though and that doesn't help
I meant that I've still got my fingers crossed for Checkers being fine - Fly was calling it hamstring awareness. Maybe it's like Harrison's and it is just a scare.

So we now have hamstring.. awareness, tightness and scareness?

View attachment 2001617
Checkers was fine until he saw that picture on the WA changeroom walls. He hadn't previously known about hamstrings, but now become aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 incidents very similar to Sullivan's were not penalised following our match.

Yet while the AFL backed in its umpire Matt Nicholls a host of examples across the weekend were highlighted where players were not penalised for an identical infraction.

In the Hawthorn-Brisbane game James Worpel handed the ball to Will Day at a stoppage, who handed the ball to the umpire without penalty.

Brisbane’s Lachie Neale also handed the ball to teammate Cam Rayner, who dropped the ball to the ground at a boundary throw in, with neither player penalised.

Are you sure though? Have you ever seen them?

We need to debut this week, hamstrings or not.
Former colleague (champion school boy athlete in his day) once told me "couldn't afford hamstrings in my day" 😂 true story

I seem to recall Ricky Barham often "did his hammy".

Wouldn't be far off putting Darcy Cameron in quarantine this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back