Preview Round 14, 2022: St.Kilda v Essendon - Marvel Stadium, Friday 17th June, 7:50PM AEST *SPUD'S GAME*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: D-Mac, Owens, Jones, Wood if injured, otherwise Windy.

In: Billings, Clark, Wangmil, Sharman/Lienert
Ratts mentioned Byrnes in his presser, he may get a look in.
Still puzzled about how Bytel appears to have disappeared into the ether. What’s up with that? I had high hopes for him.
Hope he’s ok.

Ratts mentioned Byrnes in his presser, he may get a look in.
Still puzzled about how Bytel appears to have disappeared into the ether. What’s up with that? I had high hopes for him.
Hope he’s ok.
Yeah Byrnes would be another chance of coming in.

Bytel obviously had a very interrupted preseason and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he wasn’t fully fit for the games he did play- as he’s clearly regressed on what he did in the VFL last year- and now he’s presumably injured again.

Awful timing for him all that, as he could have played plenty of senior footy this year if he’d had a full preseason and was up and about and in form, with Jones and then Steele out.

Last edited:
Yeah Byrnes would be another chance of coming in.

Bytel obviously had a very interrupted preseason and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he wasn’t fully fit for the games he did play- as he’s clearly regressed on what he did in the VFL last year- and now he’s presumably injured again.

Awful timing for him all that, as he could have played plenty of senior footy this year if he’d had a full preseason and was up and about and in form, with Jones and then Steele out.
Bytel will be a real Moneyball signing if another club fancy taking their chances. I could see him having a career a bit like Adelaide's Tom Lynch. I really wish we would give him and Byrnes a proper go in the middle. Not to mention Highmore and Connolly who also could do with a run.

The midfield injuries are a concern.
DMac took a while to come back from his last concussion if I remember correctly. Hope this one is not as bad.
Such a worry for the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out.. Wood, Dmac, Jones, Owens, Paton

In.. Billings, NWM, Clark, Byrnes, Highmore
Patton & Webster played on Zac Baily 1 goal & Cameron 1 goal i think that's job done don't you.

Watched all of Sandy game Billings & Clark not outstanding in fact no influence good possessions but bugger all influence but were t a stage where we have to play them.

Amazing isn't it , a few weeks back some banging on about how much depth we have and how do we fit them in , One loss and a few outs and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find a few replacements ,

Most important game of the year

Danger Game

Clark under done from all reports of the twos but he shou l d be able to get thru a bombers game and get some run in the legs
Pick 3 comes in too I guess
Amazing isn't it , a few weeks back some banging on about how much depth we have and how do we fit them in , One loss and a few outs and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel

Yup
We said this last week
Two Inuries to key players and it's on its head and we would be in trouble
Ended up with 3 to not so key players but important players none the less...plus Steele already out

Jones is hardly a loss, runs around like a headless chook and berates teammates.I might be in the minority but I think he is a very average player and very suspect to injury. Wood was horrendous, membrey is a shadow of what he once was.

Out:
Owens, Mackenzie, jones, wood

In:
Clark, wanganeen, Byrnes, billings

Could also do Sharman for windhager

Jones is hardly a loss, runs around like a headless chook and berates teammates.I might be in the minority but I think he is a very average player and very suspect to injury. Wood was horrendous, membrey is a shadow of what he once was.

Out:

In:

Jones has been average this year and can be inconsistent when he has good patches. In my view it makes it difficult when you have players that your not sure what your going to get, especially if like Jones they are basically midfield only players. Was also having a mare yesterday prior to injury

Out: Owens (concussion), McKenzie (concussion), Jones (injured), Wood (omitted)

In: Byrnes, Wanganeen-Milera, Clark, Billings

Webster Howard Wilkie
Hill Battle Sinclair
Billings Ross Wanganeen-Milera
Gresham Marshall Membrey
Butler King Higgins
Ryder Crouch Clark

Byrnes Windhager Long Paton

Emergencies:
Lienert, Highmore, Wood, Connolly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Amazing how many people are omitting Mason Wood, who injured his ankle then needed injections but still had 18 disposals but are leaving Ben Long in the team after yet another ordinary performance.

Not sure if Wood will play next week but if he doesn't it will be injury not form.

Out - McKenzie, Owens, Jones

In - Clark, Billings and Byrnes

(Yeah no depth!!)

Amazing how many people are omitting Mason Wood, who injured his ankle then needed injections but still had 18 disposals but are leaving Ben Long in the team after yet another ordinary performance.

Not sure if Wood will play next week but if he doesn't it will be injury not form.

(Yeah no depth!!)
Wood's 18 disposals were more impactful for Brisbane than for us. 6 disposals in the first quarter going at 0% efficiency would be why so many were frustrated with his performance.

(Yeah no depth!!)

He was dreadful

Out:

In:

Long will be very lucky to keep his spot

With our midfield injuries need to get Sincs playing a lot more midfield time

Well, if some players in the seniors and seconds were flu-affected, let’s hope it doesn’t run through the whole club.
Isolate those players this week.

(Yeah no depth!!)
NWM will be back in you would think

Ratts mentioned Billings Clack Sharman and the said NWM would be back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back