Preview Round 15, 2021: Giants v Hawks, MCG, 1.10pm Sunday 27th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Worpel, Hartigan, Lewis
OUT: Newcombe, O'Brien, Ceglar

One of Newcombe, Cousins or Howe likely needs to come out to make way for Worpel. Newcombe was clearly worst of the three but might not be dropped after his great debut. However Cousins performed admirably after being recalled - tough one for the match committee.

Would be inclined to bring in Reeves to replace Ceglar however Mumford may be a feat too far.

As others have said - Burgoyne very lucky we are nursing him to 400.

Callow and Jeka combined for 22 disposals - 13 marks - 4 tackles and 4 goals in the VFL.

If Lewis was to miss another game, then I think one of Jeka or Callow should play. It’s not like O’Brien is dominating.

We desperately need a second key forward that can play alongside Koschitzke.

IN: Worpel, Hartigan, Lewis
OUT: Newcombe, O'Brien, Ceglar

One of Newcombe, Cousins or Howe likely needs to come out to make way for Worpel. Newcombe was clearly worst of the three but might not be dropped after his great debut. However Cousins performed admirably after being recalled - tough one for the match committee.

Would be inclined to bring in Reeves to replace Ceglar however Mumford may be a feat too far.

As others have said - Burgoyne very lucky we are nursing him to 400.
Howe won’t be coming out

Olly showed what he can do as a small forward and time in the middle in the vfl. Moore needs to work on stuff, and I want to see that swap happen

Ceglar out for Reeves. Output wise they are the same around the ground, but Reeves is way more dangerous in the ruck

Worpel in for cousins or Howe

Dgb looked like a smart player for box hill I'm his first game, but our defence is pretty solid at current

Olly showed what he can do as a small forward and time in the middle in the vfl. Moore needs to work on stuff, and I want to see that swap happen

Ceglar out for Reeves. Output wise they are the same around the ground, but Reeves is way more dangerous in the ruck

Worpel in for cousins or Howe

Dgb looked like a smart player for box hill I'm his first game, but our defence is pretty solid at current

A week is a long time in footy isn't it.

Moore won't go anywhere. Been one of our most consistent performers for the past 5 weeks until a down game yesterday. Even then, he had a lot of score involvements. Ollie did look great yesterday but I don't see him forcing his way back unless it's either as sub or if we change the make up of the side and play one less tall perhaps.

A week is a long time in footy isn't it.

Moore won't go anywhere. Been one of our most consistent performers for the past 5 weeks until a down game yesterday. Even then, he had a lot of score involvements. Ollie did look great yesterday but I don't see him forcing his way back unless it's either as sub or if we change the make up of the side and play one less tall perhaps.
Moore was outstanding vs Sydney. He stays for now.

In: Reeves Worpel Hartigan
Out: Ceglar NFI (Cousins or Newcombe) TOB

TOB may drop a few marks but he missed an easy goal and really didnt help much forward or back. Usually he at least offers those things.
TOB has to go now. We can't keep pumping games into him, and we need to get games into Jeka/ Callow/ Lewis.
Yesterday was it. The remaining games now must be list management decisions. This season is now absolutely cooked for us. And we need to secure pick 2 in the process.

TOB has to go now. We can't keep pumping games into him, and we need to get games into Jeka/ Callow/ Lewis.
Yesterday was it. The remaining games now must be list management decisions. This season is now absolutely cooked for us. And we need to secure pick 2 in the process.

I think if he gets his confidence back he could play again. This year he has contested and kicked a goal and been ok in the ruck and moved up and down the ground. I didnt see it yesterday.

GWS have a bunch of talls. I think we need Hartigan unless 100% sure DGB is ready. I dont watch Box Hill so dont know there.

I also dont know who comes out for Worpel. We were smashed in the clearances. We are normally down but were smashed. Maybe Reeves improves things. But not sure who comes out for Worpel. Cousins wasnt bad, but is 2 games enough for Newcombe? He missed a few tackles yesterday which was his strength the week before.

We cant drop Bramble. Everyone new should get 2 weeks to show what they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if he gets his confidence back he could play again. This year he has contested and kicked a goal and been ok in the ruck and moved up and down the ground. I didnt see it yesterday.

GWS have a bunch of talls. I think we need Hartigan unless 100% sure DGB is ready. I dont watch Box Hill so dont know there.

I also dont know who comes out for Worpel. We were smashed in the clearances. We are normally down but were smashed. Maybe Reeves improves things. But not sure who comes out for Worpel. Cousins wasnt bad, but is 2 games enough for Newcombe? He missed a few tackles yesterday which was his strength the week before.

We cant drop Bramble. Everyone new should get 2 weeks to show what they have.
I would expect Worpel, Hartigan and Reeves to come in at a minimum.
From what I saw of DGB yesterday, he's ready.

People calling for Newcombe to be dropped after his second game where our midfield got smashed - Comical.
Finn, Jeka etc have been dropped after similar games. Jai looked unfortunately miles off it - struggled with the bigger ground and quicker mids. 6 touches playing in midfield is pretty poor. He’s had his taste so not fussed if goes back to BH - he needs a big preseason to gain some speed / agility. Reckon we may strip off some weight and build him back up over time.

Worpel has to come in. Bramble is a like for like with Morrison so he stays. Means the spotlight has to go to Newcombe. He has had a taste. He knows what to expect now. He is only 19 and has time on his side. Can't carry a mid with 6 possessions while he develops.

Hartigan frees up Scrimshaw who was getting dragged back to FB at times yesterday as we were too short in the backline.
DGB has played one game. Needs a body of work yet. Same with Callow. CJ's injury report will be important. Might be CJ out, Hartigan in.

Reeves/Ceglar. Might depend on Mumford. He will crunch Reeves at every opportunity. Thinking long term. May need to sacrifice Celgar for another week.

Flip a coin on Lewis/Jeka and O'Brien. One is required. Lewis and TOB don't fill me with any confidence. Both filling in time until we get Callow up to speed with our set up.

Like Jeka, but where is he in our pecking order? Looks a natural FF but Kosi has that spot. CHF is the spot we need. Lewis, O'Brien, Jeka and Callow all competing for the same spot. Callow appears the most natural. Powerful and good hands. Jeka will have to bide his time and continue to develop. The other 2 have limited time on our list. Maybe Lewis is told you have the rest of the year to show us you want the spot. O'Brien out Lewis in?

Rest stays. Regardless of the Cousins, Howe, Moore haters. Finn and Downie are not better than any of these 3....yet.

So Worpel, Hartigan and Lewis/Jeka in.
Newcombe, CJ (rest) and O'Brien out.

I’m not sure how we are going to stop their run. Hopefully Ash doesn’t play for them because he’s going to have a blast running the ball all game. None of our forwards will keep up with him.

Midfield has to at least breakeven otherwise it could get very messy. Mitchell needs to work on bringing other players into the game. No point getting 30+ when you aren’t using them constructively. Worps back should help our midfield a fair bit.

As others have said play cegs this week because of Mummy. The flog would try and kill Reeves while he isn’t looking.

Also playing at the worst footballing ground in Aus is never fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back