Round 16 - Frankston v Box Hill, 15 July 2012, 2.00pm @ Frankston Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad injury news for Box Hill with Grimley (5-6 weeks), Frank (2-3), Boseley (season), Wanganeen (1 week), according to the HFC site.
That is really unfortunate for Grim especially, may have played his last game for the club.

Re bosely, showed real potential this year. Think it was a shoulder, wrap him up in wool and give him a full pre season with alot of time in the gym. He is a tall body on body defender, exactly what we need. Just needs to improve his disposal

That is really unfortunate for Grim especially, may have played his last game for the club.

Re bosely, showed real potential this year. Think it was a shoulder, wrap him up in wool and give him a full pre season with alot of time in the gym. He is a tall body on body defender, exactly what we need. Just needs to improve his disposal

You really reckon Grimley is in trouble? I just can't believe that we would take a player like him in the draft who is a long term prospect and cut him loose after only 3 seasons. Look at players like Rhys Stanley, Ayce Cordy etc. These stringbeans need a good 5 or so years in the system before they are ready. I would be disappointed if we cut him loose this early.

You really reckon Grimley is in trouble? I just can't believe that we would take a player like him in the draft who is a long term prospect and cut him loose after only 3 seasons. Look at players like Rhys Stanley, Ayce Cordy etc. These stringbeans need a good 5 or so years in the system before they are ready. I would be disappointed if we cut him loose this early.

I think it is a possibility but that is just my opinion. Depends on list management at the end of the season. For me he has shown no real improvement in those years (both in performance and body shape) and with Bosely showing great signs in the games he has played he is up against it unfortunately.

Hey Dixie are you going to merge that Boxhill footage to this thread from the main board so the comments can flow? Will be a few who want to have a rave about Amos. Some great stuff in the footage.

Done.

Both Stanley & Cordy have shown talent throughout the journey. I'm not sure Grimley has improved a lot TBH. There's also the question of where does he play?

Strange one regarding Boseley.
He got a run on the wing and I was thinking this was due to his shoulders playing up. He then drifts to the backline and takes a nice high overhead mark.

I've got a feeling this bloke may be ok. Has really impressive pace. Fullback of the future.

Yes, reckon he and Lowden are in trouble. Lowden in his 4th year and final year of his current contract, has yet to debut in Hawks colours, did not even get a jumper against GWS. Hasn't registered 1 point in the best voting for Box Hill to date. Shame though , both lads are very likable.....................BHH

Yes, reckon he and Lowden are in trouble. Lowden in his 4th year and final year of his current contract, has yet to debut in Hawks colours, did not even get a jumper against GWS. Hasn't registered 1 point in the best voting for Box Hill to date. Shame though , both lads are very likable.....................BHH

Lowden isn't in trouble in my opinion. Indeed, I think his development over the second half of this year has been very good. I believe that the view was taken against GWS and Doggies that with Baily and Broc back into the picture that development was better put into guys like Gunston. In short: we have our ruck depth right now, so no need to blood Lowden (if he'd hit purple form earlier in the year then he might have debuted). Grimley is contracted for another year, by the way.

Lowden is safe as houses. Is coming along ok. Has been emergency a few times recently which shows he is close.

Good to hear Grimley is contracted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back