Toast Round 16 = Gold Coast 42-120 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched it today too. It was the best four quarter performance we’ve played this year. A full team effort.

The Melbourne game was clearly something going through the club. They didn’t use it as an excuse but they looked like they were flat and lethargic like you feel when fighting off Covid or the flu.

Adelaide was post bye so there was a bit of staying in holiday mode as teams have been doing.

This game felt like we’re now stamping ourselves as the genuine team to beat this year. Bye done, we’re more than halfway. It’s serious now. This is the run home and we are full blown challenging!
Agree with all of that. On top of that, I feel we have the right mix of forwards and backs at the moment. Just add DeGoey and the run of Sidebottom for our perfect mix.

If Anderson and Rowell are untouchable the Bailey Humphrey Kid is the one for me.
His power, aggression, spark, mobility and skills I think will make him an absolute gun. Some of his play in the third quarter was very impressive.
I doubt we'd have much chance of getting him, but he does look like a terrific player in the making.
I've watched bits and pieces of GC and he's impressed each time.
He's signed until the end of 2028.

As did McStay with big Billy down back.

It’s great we have options, McStay will play when fit for sure though. Like it or not Domester, he will.

It’ll be stiff for whoever comes out of the forward line for him.
Yep. Frampton has played well in the ruck and defence, but to keep McStay out he needed to play better when he was up forward - and he didn't really get near it as a forward. It'll be McStay + two of Cox, Cameron, Frampton - with Frampton most likely to be the one who misses out, as Cox is comfortably the best forward of the three and we need to have one of them play a fair bit of forward, and the club seem to have Cameron as the clear number 1 ruck (I'm not really sure why)

Watched the replay again. So much to like.
I liked Billy F's goal - he put on the jets and kicked a tracer bullet from outside 50.
He can run and he can kick.
He was lucky to not get pinged for running too far for that. Went 20m imo before kicking it 😬

Watched the replay again. So much to like.
I liked Billy F's goal - he put on the jets and kicked a tracer bullet from outside 50.
He can run and he can kick.
not his first like that too - can't remember which game it was but it was a score review and he was on the bench when the decision was made - was quite funny footage to see the celebration from the bench

Yep. Frampton has played well in the ruck and defence, but to keep McStay out he needed to play better when he was up forward - and he didn't really get near it as a forward. It'll be McStay + two of Cox, Cameron, Frampton - with Frampton most likely to be the one who misses out, as Cox is comfortably the best forward of the three and we need to have one of them play a fair bit of forward, and the club seem to have Cameron as the clear number 1 ruck (I'm not really sure why)
i am also unsure why cameron is preferred
he is serviceable, but never shown a very high ceiling

i am also unsure why cameron is preferred
he is serviceable, but never shown a very high ceiling
There's probably something about the game plan or things that he does that us schmucks can't see. But if it was me, I'd pick Frampton and Cox as our rucks.

I think it’s because he wins more hit outs and takes more marks around the ground.
Cox goes at around 49% hit outs , but only 27% HTA, while Cameron goes at 41% hit outs with 31% HTA. Cameron is bang on average for a ruck while cox’s numbers are below afl average for a ruck. But we aren’t talking huge difference.

I think the issue is more cox’s tank, Cameron can ruck with just a chop out. With cox, even when frampton and Cameron were injured AJ did half the ruck work, and cox spends a fair amount of time on the bench with his TOA managed.

Cox goes at around 49% hit outs , but only 27% HTA, while Cameron goes at 41% hit outs with 31% HTA. Cameron is bang on average for a ruck while cox’s numbers are below afl average for a ruck. But we aren’t talking huge difference.

I think the issue is more cox’s tank, Cameron can ruck with just a chop out. With cox, even when frampton and Cameron were injured AJ did half the ruck work, and cox spends a fair amount of time on the bench with his TOA managed.
Cox cannot play out a full game as the main ruck as you quite correctly point out. He's never been able to. He just can't get from contest to contest enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the replay for the 4th time I think. Geez this was a great performance. Hope we back it up again this week!
We have a mosquito fleet now with serious speed.
Noble, Quaynor, Markov in defence.
WHE, Nick, DeGoey in the midfield.
Hill up forward and some of our big blokes are not slow. Frampton, Moore, Maynard, Smurphy.
Josh is kinda quick and evasive.
Sidebottom another.
Most of these blokes have big tanks as well.
Good times..

And then we have Pendles..NEO

Hill up forward and some of our big blokes are not slow. Frampton, Moore, Maynard, Smurphy.
Sidebottom another.
Good times..

Sidebottom is slower than my nan and she's in a wheelchair :rolleyes:

Agree only mentioned him because FJ's serious speed post
Yeah, what he lacks in speed he makes up for in evasiveness, awareness and a huge tank.
Bit like Pendles as well.

Sidebottom another.
Good times..

You left out the two quickest - Bobby and Beau

Sidebottom another.
Good times..

And then we have Pendles..N

Sidebottom is slower than my nan and she's in a wheelchair :rolleyes:
Perhaps get your reading and comprehension skills up to date.

Sidebottom another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back