Toast Round 12 = West Coast 57-120 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s a couple of clowns

Its really clear that the wce player did nothing to brace for contact or protect himself
i think its cos hes young and inexperienced
unfortunately jordy will have to wear that
but i rekn if it was nearly any other player they would have braced for impact and not led with thier face like that noob

Do they always use these inflammatory descriptions for everyone else? I don't recall that they do .. perhaps that's my bias. I've heard him called weak, dirty, cheap shot...
Cornes is being so disingenuous.
He is basically implying that in that 1 second JDG consciously thought, "I'm going to KO this little baby on the field and further decimate this team by injury" with a Dr Evil smirk on his face. Come on.

Cornes is being so disingenuous.
He is basically implying that in that 1 second JDG consciously thought, "I'm going to KO this little baby on the field and further decimate this team by injury" with a Dr Evil smirk on his face. Come on.
It's so infuriating. Wonder why the big 'he men' Eagles players didn't see it like that at the time .. not one remonstrated with JDG. But hero Sheed wants to kick the boot in today after lapping up the media frenzy about it.

It's so infuriating. Wonder why the big 'he men' Eagles players didn't see it like that at the time .. not one remonstrated with JDG. But hero Sheed wants to kick the boot in today after lapping up the media frenzy about it.
As if we didn't detest Sheed enough already - "I think he deserves a good month or two on the sidelines.”
Where was he when it happened?
Just GTFO, you steaming pile of.............

Its really clear that the wce player did nothing to brace for contact or protect himself
i think its cos hes young and inexperienced
unfortunately jordy will have to wear that
but i rekn if it was nearly any other player they would have braced for impact and not led with thier face like that noob
I'm not sure that's really fair on the Eagles player, he was handballing ..

I'm not sure that's really fair on the Eagles player, he was handballing ..
yeah, handballing across his body while running the other way into a collingwood player he could see coming
Its a risk you take when you bump, so ultimately its on jordy
but I think more experienced players dont really leave themselves exposed in the same way, and jordy would have been expecting the kid to brace for impact to a degree.
I think its a contributing factor to why he got him flat in the face

yeah, handballing across his body while running the other way into a collingwood player he could see coming
but I think more experienced players dont really leave themselves exposed in the same way, and jordy would have been expecting the kid to brace for impact to a degree.
anyway, if i was at the tribunal thats what id be arguing
  • that JDG was in contact with the ground at the time of the bump
  • that the handballer saw him coming and saw he would bump
  • and he expected the handballer to brace for impact and was expectng them to meet each other on the shoulder, like a regular bump that you see coming
  • but the player decided to handball across thier body instead, and because of choosing to handball in that direction leaned thier face into JDGs shoulder, which was pretty unexpected given that he saw him coming

I don't think IQ gets enough love and I thought his first quarter was great.

Had a equal team high (Mihocek) 11 marks for the game and never gives up.

Also I did enjoy Hill's game but I hope he doesn't try to get too cute. Can't remember which quarter but he really should have passed (Johnson?) instead of going for goal. Then after it went through for a point, holds his arms up to indicate to Johnson? he should have marked when it was pretty obvious he was going for goal and not a pass.

I don't think IQ gets enough love and I thought his first quarter was great.

Had a equal team high (Mihocek) 11 marks for the game and never gives up.

Also I did enjoy Hill's game but I hope he doesn't try to get too cute. Can't remember which quarter but he really should have passed (Johnson?) instead of going for goal. Then after it went through for a point, holds his arms up to indicate to Johnson? he should have marked when it was pretty obvious he was going for goal and not a pass.
I thought IQ was subpar & a bit fumbly early in the season, but he's been great the last few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The morons in the media can stamp their feet as much as they want. Will make no difference to the outcome for Jordy. I expect him to get three weeks, maybe four.

I really don't see how you can hold Hewett responsible for what happened. I think we all agree it was a dumb split second action from JDG and I'm sure if he had his time again, he would not have gone the bump at all..but I think it's a bit rich to hold Hewett responsible in anyway.

I refuse to turn on to 3AW out of fear of hearing Neil Mitchell. Is he even still on radio?
I can't remember hearing him mate.
During footy broadcasts that is which is all I listen too.

The 3 I mentioned are professional that show no bias at all.

I said before last week that i'd take a 40 point win against North and 60 points against the Eagles. Close enough in the end. Let's not forget last year we just fell over the line in a lot of these games and actually lost to the Eagles. Far bigger fish to fry.

JDG's brain fade really hurts us as he's having a ripping season and is our match winning midfielder. He's looking at most likely 3 but possibly 4 weeks on the sidelines. This should burn him and we see a huge return in the back half of the year. His suspension allows us the opportunity to bring Elliott, Lippa and potentially McStay back in, pending injuries to Beau and Hosky and AJ.

I'm glad West Coast pushed us yesterday, better off having a decent hit out rather than a training run.

Huge game next week. We have the wood on the Dees in recent time. Long may it continue.

I can't remember hearing him mate.
During footy broadcasts that is which is all I listen too.

The 3 I mentioned are professional that show no bias at all.
Yeah I know who Richo, Tony & Leigh are 😉...

Mitchell is a shock jock on during the week. Have refused to listen to 3AW for years on that basis alone 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back