Toast Round 16 = Gold Coast 42-120 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only see two forced changes to our side going forward.
In: JDG and Sidebum when ready
Out: HH and probably Oleg but that’s harsh for him.

I’m not in the McStay fan club, was a third tall in Brisbane and a so so one at that. I’m keeping the talls as is but if anyone is in danger it’s Cameron, he’s a very poor 1st ruck and not great up forward. I’d rather Cox 1st ruck but happy to leave as is for the moment. McStay would have to be getting 3 votes game after game in the VFL even then he can stay there.

Happy with how we are going will be an interesting game against the doggies, they have some dynamic players in one half of the ground, down back not so much.
McStay was/is better than Hipwood and did quite well when either he or Daniher were out of the side.

I think he offers a lot and would like to see him back in the side as soon as possible. Cameron is way down on form, so I think McStay comes in next week for him.

I can't remember a more agile Pies player

1047-Jason_Wild.jpg

McStay was/is better than Hipwood and did quite well when either he or Daniher were out of the side.

I think he offers a lot and would like to see him back in the side as soon as possible. Cameron is way down on form, so I think McStay comes in next week for him.

Didn't play in VFL so not likely.

I'd like to see him actually play before I bring him in.

Wow, how bad did GC look. Does Dew want to get fired?? Did he instruct his players not to guard the corridor? We were just taking the piss by the end.

It's hard to find a player that didn't play well, although Cameron and Cox seemed to go missing for period of time.

A great win to go into the Dogs game with.

I was also told by many on here that i was crazy for suggesting that Ginni was not in our best team.

Adams has been good - however he lacks leg speed and his disposal will never be elite. Great player and servant but if everyone is fit and available then imo he misses out.
Nah he doesn’t. Not even close to missing.

Ok show us what you think is the best team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I was also told by many on here that i was crazy for suggesting that Ginni was not in our best team.

Adams has been good - however he lacks leg speed and his disposal will never be elite. Great player and servant but if everyone is fit and available then imo he misses out.
I get that Adams can be very frustrating with his disposals but if he goes out we’d miss him. He’s experienced and brings grunt and contested work which he often goes underpraised for these days with our lovely Wombat stealing the limelight

Fly is loyal to the experienced guns and Adams will keep his spot on that flank I think

I reckon it was Dunstall on the broadcast who said Frampton was auditioning for Cox's position. I thought he was wrong and he just forgot about McStay and Johnson, but in reality he could he right.

Our backline is currently at full strength and whilst everyone else is performing, there's no spot for Frampton down back.

Once McStay comes back he's purely forward, form permitting. The forward-ruck role is Cox's at the moment because no one is doing it better. But if Frampton can keep getting 1-2 goals a game and start rucking, Cox may find it hard to keep his spot.

Basically I think we can only play 3 of Cox/Mihocek/Frampton/McStay/Johnson if Frampton is forward.

Ok show us what you think is the best team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Is this to me? Use the reply button if you want someone to respond to you.

Assuming you’re talking to me, best 22 this week, assuming McStay isn’t fit to play:

B: IQ Murphy Howe
HB: Crisp Moore Maynard
C: J Daicos Mitchell Noble
HF: Lipinski Mihocek McCreery
F: Hill Cox Elliott
R: Daicos Cameron JDG

Bench: Pendlebury Adams Frampton Mitchell

Sub: Markov

Markov and WHE interchangeable as sub. WHE probably provides more versatility as sub, but he also plays well as a faux key forward in the absence of McStay.

Anyone on the bench is capable of starting on the ground. Being on the bench is no indication of whether I regard a player as fringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it was Dunstall on the broadcast who said Frampton was auditioning for Cox's position. I thought he was wrong and he just forgot about McStay and Johnson, but in reality he could he right.

Our backline is currently at full strength and whilst everyone else is performing, there's no spot for Frampton down back.

Once McStay comes back he's purely forward, form permitting. The forward-ruck role is Cox's at the moment because no one is doing it better. But if Frampton can keep getting 1-2 goals a game and start rucking, Cox may find it hard to keep his spot.

Basically I think we can only play 3 of Cox/Mihocek/Frampton/McStay/Johnson if Frampton is forward.
The way McStay is progressing he won't be in the equation. That's some bloody finger injury.

He’s pretty mobile for a 201cm.
He’s ahead of Cameron for me.
Cox is also ahead of Cameron. Cox is pretty slow and cumbersome though. But he’s hard to stop when he’s on.
Cox is not slow and lumbering. Despite loads of evidence to the contrary commentators love to say the same. He is surprisingly quick for a man of his size.

His finger is fine, he was crook today.
Thanks. It still pushes him back in the line. Another VFL game where he plays minutes next week and then who does he push out if Frampton's form holds up against the Dogs? If Fly is true to his mantra, it is Billy's position to lose and if he plays his role he is going nowhere.

It would depend on matchups.
Frampton might be required to play on a gorilla forward at times who is too big for Howe & Murphy.

Wow, how bad did GC look. Does Dew want to get fired?? Did he instruct his players not to guard the corridor? We were just taking the piss by the end.

It's hard to find a player that didn't play well, although Cameron and Cox seemed to go missing for period of time.

A great win to go into the Dogs game with.
They played like an 11th placed ladder side and we played like a first.
That is all.

Frampton 15 disposals, 2 goals and played forward, ruck and in defence.

Hard to justify his omission as he provides so much in game insurance across 3 areas of the ground.

The irony is he might end up being better at the McStay role than McStay himself.

I don't think we can play both, unless Cox goes out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back