Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted by Warner > Butters

That helps with injuries as 4 of my starting 6 forwards are F/M & i can then cover them with Johnson. I'm not sure ill trade Warner but i think Butters is a decent upgrade given Mills being back may affect the amount of CBAs for Warner. Ill only have 2 trades left and 60k in the bank so im not certain. If Maric isnt named, im more likely to do the trade
I’d keep Warner and your trades. 2 trades for remaining season is low.

I’d keep Warner and your trades. 2 trades for remaining season is low.
Good point. However, the M/F link that is established by trading to someone like Butters, actually helps me cover 4/6 players in my forwardline which is very significant for the long run. My forwardline bench is trash so having that cover could potentially save a trade or prevent a 0 down the road. If Maric is named, i may well keep Warner but i think there are significant advantages to getting Butters as well. Ill think it over for sure

Also, its worth adding that if i wanted to be aggressive id actually trade Warner to Jelly who i think very highly of BUT it leaves me 2 trades and my forwardline is left with no additional cover. I reckon Jelly goes at 120 for the rest of the season and Butters at 105-110. Jelly could score 100+ points more for the rest of the season but Butters covering Dunks, TT, Gulden & Rozee could easily be worth 100+ points in one week, and potentially plenty more for the rest of the season. So, its Butters or nothing.

Sorry for late response. I’d probably look at something like Yeo>HH @ Hump>Mills mate.

What’d you end up doing?
Humphrey > Himmelberg and Yeo > Day.

Means I don't have to play Weddle and can loop Ashcroft on the ground from the bench this week.

Will keep Day at M8 but he is D5 this week covering Sicily.

Humpa to Sheldrick.
Bank $150k
One trade left now.
Wait for Wardlaw to max out then turn him into someone.
And push a M/F there for flexibility.
Fyfe/Angwin/Tarryn/Sheldrick??
One will be my F6 for season unless I go down the Himmelberg line.

So not sure how to finish side with what I have and keep bench coverage.

Don't want to panic trade or waste trade but is it worth moving johnson to Mills to cover for Oliver or leave it. Open to any trade suggestions thanks.
1688115839018.png

Need Windhager to get to 262,900 to allow me to do a single trade next week and bring in Touk as my final premo.

What would he have to score to get there?

Edit: 78 I think 😬

Vs. Weagles, he’s a chance

Last edited:
Can someone convince me why I shouldnt go Wanganeen Milera over Keays?

I need one DEF and one MID to complete my team and plan to bring Mills in next week.

Just feels like an odd move but also like the PODish of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Humphrey is just about maxed out. It was beautiful while it lasted.

I like that trade.

Seems like a necessary trade, do that

100% trade.
Humphrey probably play forward again and then miller back the following week.
Suns playing Collingwood then port. Very low chance he burns you.

With a few rooks on field (albeit good ones) a POD like Walsh could give you an edge on the run home. Will comfortably put score humphrey by minimum 20 a week and probably closer to 30-40 per week IMO..
I'm convinced. Humpa goes.

Wines is also an option to replace him.

So I suppose my question now is; Walsh or Wines?

Walsh IMO. Safer bet with a higher ceiling.

Not wines, with Rozee and Butters and JHF taking over the midfield, I can see Wines reliably on the 90-100 range extracting the ball from stoppages without the need for link up play involvement

I was planning to give Humphrey another chance, but if he fails he could well lose enough to make a trade to Mills impossible.

So this week it's Humphrey to a base price, fwd/mid for looping, which I need and next week Maric>Mills. That will probably be it for me as far as team building is concerned this season. Team will never be complete (all premo). Just have to hope my calculations are right and $413,400 is enough for Mills. It should be with about $11k to spare.

Ended up going for value. Still holding Sicily and Oliver. Bench is decent but can't afford many more injuries in the next 2 weeks. Yeo died on me so Weddle will have to stay and cover Sicily unfortunately.

Yeo to Saad. Risky pick but has a huge ceiling. Just taking a punt hoping he can find his best form at some point soon.

Humpa to HH. Hasn't exploded yet like he can with the 7th defender role but could at any point. I like his DPP and will probably trade in Dewar so I have that DEF/FWD link.

I was planning to give Humphrey another chance, but if he fails he could well lose enough to make a trade to Mills impossible.

So this week it's Humphrey to a base price, fwd/mid for looping, which I need and next week Maric>Mills. That will probably be it for me as far as team building is concerned this season. Team will never be complete (all premo). Just have to hope my calculations are right and $413,400 is enough for Mills. It should be with about $11k to spare.
Mills will be closer to $400k now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back