Preview Round 17 - GWS Giants vs Richmond, Saturday 14th July 2018, 7.25pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still possible as I think its 5 (possibly 4) from 7 to make it.
But it will hurt badly should we lose and would think it would be the end.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I'm not talking about making the 8, I'm talking about winning the GF. If we can't beat richmond at home, let alone making the 8 what hope do we have?

I'm not talking about making the 8, I'm talking about winning the GF. If we can't beat richmond at home, let alone making the 8 what hope do we have?
I wouldn't say that losing this week kills any hope on GF day if we made it.

We have a few players still to return.

Hell Tiges got smashed by the Saints last year and went on to win it so anything is possible.

I wouldn't say that losing this week kills any hope on GF day if we made it.

We have a few players still to return.

Hell Tiges got smashed by the Saints last year and went on to win it so anything is possible.

Richmond beat the Hawks in R20 2008. Hawks went on to win the 2008 GF. There are plenty of examples of s**t teams beating better teams that didn't affect the better team. But no where in 2018 have we shown that we are the "team to beat". Even *IF* we beat Richmond at home I don't rate getting to the GF at more than 50%. If we lose this it is pretty much near 0%, even considering the ins.

We really have to win this to give ourselves confidence and hope that we can win the GF this year.

a loss doesnt mean season over IMO, this is the one game we can afford to lose as its very likely we do lose - teams on or near the same points as us this would be in the same boat (unless there's only 2 or less games to go).

if we (miraculously) get a win against Richmond, we'll make the 8 IMO, teams will fear us and the win would be the belief that the playing group needs to believe we can challenge this season.

very tough game, but looking very forward to it and i hope alot of Giants fans get out to spotless

a loss doesnt mean season over IMO, this is the one game we can afford to lose as its very likely we do lose - teams on or near the same points as us this would be in the same boat (unless there's only 2 or less games to go).

if we (miraculously) get a win against Richmond, we'll make the 8 IMO, teams will fear us and the win would be the belief that the playing group needs to believe we can challenge this season.

very tough game, but looking very forward to it and i hope alot of Giants fans get out to spotless
Wild horses etc.
Interesting to see the crowd. Was a great crowd against the Hawks, even if the number was a bit disappointing.

It surprises me that Scully is not closer. I thought I heard sometime ago circa Rd 16 he would be due back but he must have had a setback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having such a young forward line (especially compared to their experience down back) will prove to be our biggest obstacle.

Surprised about the lack of openness regarding some of the injuries this year with nothing mentioned on MDB and no mention of Jack Buckley and his hamstring and also I hope they say something about Scully and Williams’s over the next few weeks
MDB will be missed and hopefully Greene can offer something forward
Good to see Kennedy back in and I would have thought Buntine would have got a game this week but good to see Taylor get another run and hopefully he can justify selection for this game

Last edited:
Posted in haste. The team selections video will be up shortly and we'll find out I guess. Not good news though.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-07-12/greene-returns

'Kennedy replaces Jeremy Finlayson in the backline while Hopper and Greene will cover the loss of Harry Perryman (hamstring) and Matt de Boer (ankle) to injury.

De Boer played out last week’s game after sustaining an ankle injury in the third quarter in Perth and is expected to be out for 2-3 weeks.'

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-07-12/greene-returns

'Kennedy replaces Jeremy Finlayson in the backline while Hopper and Greene will cover the loss of Harry Perryman (hamstring) and Matt de Boer (ankle) to injury.

De Boer played out last week’s game after sustaining an ankle injury in the third quarter in Perth and is expected to be out for 2-3 weeks.'
I saw that.
Rayman suggesting 4 weeks.
Be really nice to get through a game unscathed this week. He injured it in game and went back on. The club may not have known until scans when they got back. They returned Monday so it presumably could have been as late as Tuesday. I'd give the benefit of the doubt on notification in the injury report.

It surprises me that Scully is not closer. I thought I heard sometime ago circa Rd 16 he would be due back but he must have had a setback.

It's always tough with these bad injuries. A guess of 16 weeks can easily jump out to 20+ because you're trying to predict what's going to happen with a particular injury four months in the future. It isn't necessarily a setback - it could just be a slower than expected heal, due to anything from a slightly more complicated/worse injury than originally determined through to some people just taking longer to heal.

Finlayson omitted.

Big let down given he was looking so promising at the start of the season. Greene must of trained strongly during the week. Good timing as we're looking really light on up forward.
Agree but you know what, no matter now fit Toby is, he is a super important inclusion for this game.

This is because whoever Rance plays on, he will towell up anyway. So say it's a Harry for instance. Then our main forward for this game is gone. But towell up Harry and at least get the ball to ground, and Toby could kick 3 or 4

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back