Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually thinking about it (surprise surprise), might be worth going Newman > Laird to all but fully upgrade my backline (just Witherden as D6). It then leaves a weak point in midfield with one of Greenwood/Karpany/Mountford starting but contemplating the higher ceiling of Laird. If I don't go him I could upgrade Greenwood to Rocky/Jelwood but just conscious Rocky/Jelwood have some more cash to lose while Greenwood has more to gain if he plays. Am I being silly?

I'd rather upgrade Greenwood. Newman -> Lair will give you 15-20 ppm, whereas Greenwood -> Rocky will give you 30+ ppm. Extra points worth more at this point of the season.

I'd rather upgrade Greenwood. Newman -> Lair will give you 15-20 ppm, whereas Greenwood -> Rocky will give you 30+ ppm. Extra points worth more at this point of the season.

Yeah, might go Greenwood to Jelwood instead just for the extra cash and with the aim of Heppell > Rocky next week.

Witherden my only starting rookie now and with the scores he's churning out I'm perfectly happy to leave him. After Hepp > Rocky I get into the luxuries. Almost contemplating ditching Grundy if Cox stays in the team.

First trade is Marchbank to Joel Selwood.
I am a bit worried about the injuries to Kennedy, Jones and Newnes (any news?).

I have around $100,000 in the bank after the first trade so weighing up what to do with the second. Obviously injuries may dictate that trade, but I would like to hold Newnes and Kennedy if it is just the one week out.

Backline - Adams, Laird, Newnes, Lloyd, Ellis, Jones. (Ryan, Vickers-Willis)
Fwd - Yeo, Heeney, Macrae, Sheed, Dahlhaus, Gray (Pickett, Eddy)

Question is do I go Jones to Simpson or Gray to Stevens?

Yes I know I have Vickers-Willis, Pickett and Eddy to trade out, but I want to go a double 'upgrade' this week.
Or am I better off getting some cash by going Vickers-Willis to Hibberd or that new Freo rookie I can't spell?

First trade is Marchbank to Joel Selwood.
I am a bit worried about the injuries to Kennedy, Jones and Newnes (any news?).

I have around $100,000 in the bank after the first trade so weighing up what to do with the second. Obviously injuries may dictate that trade, but I would like to hold Newnes and Kennedy if it is just the one week out.

Backline - Adams, Laird, Newnes, Lloyd, Ellis, Jones. (Ryan, Vickers-Willis)
Fwd - Yeo, Heeney, Macrae, Sheed, Dahlhaus, Gray (Pickett, Eddy)

Question is do I go Jones to Simpson or Gray to Stevens?

Yes I know I have Vickers-Willis, Pickett and Eddy to trade out, but I want to go a double 'upgrade' this week.
Or am I better off getting some cash by going Vickers-Willis to Hibberd or that new Freo rookie I can't spell?

just think his name is "knee who is" = nyhuis

i'm sure it's probs pronounced nigh-hughous or something....

Greenwood to Steele
Or
Gray to Stevens/Macrae/Yeo?
I'd go the second one. If Greenwood plays he has money to make, Gray isn't going to be top 6 (or 10/15). The others you mentioned probably will be.

just think his name is "knee who is" = nyhuis

i'm sure it's probs pronounced nigh-hughous or something....
A Freo supporter could probably help us out, I thought it was pronounced "Ny-house"

*EDIT - lad above me on the ball

As for trades this week, I'm bringing in J. Selwood and I'm not sure who else. Save for S. Darcy in the ruck, my next worst player is either Z. Tuohy or Dahlhaus. Thinking Tuohy to Kade, though might just flip a non-playing rookie for a playing rook.

J.Selwood now cheap, but could be cheaper next week.
Forwards have been such a pain this year.
MaCrae pretty consistent. Greene missing games( don't have), Dahl not firing (traded him out ages ago)
Boak scored his first 100 since I got him at DPP announcement.
Cant be to harsh on Sheed when Treloar puts up a similar score and many other players turn in the odd shocker.

J.Selwood now cheap, but could be cheaper next week.
Forwards have been such a pain this year.
MaCrae pretty consistent. Greene missing games( don't have), Dahl not firing (traded him out ages ago)
Boak scored his first 100 since I got him at DPP announcement.
Cant be to harsh on Sheed when Treloar puts up a similar score and many other players turn in the odd shocker.

His BE is getting into the achievable territory for him now though so might be worth jumping on.

Good call. Doing the same with Neale. It's sideways but makes 100k for roughly the same average
Yeah I'll either do it this week or next, Gaff's BE is a gettable 116 so it wont make much difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

253k in the bank

Thinking:
Nankervis to Macrae

then either:

Stef Martin to Kreuzer
OR
Greenwood to Papley
OR
Downgrade (Melican, Cousins or Beech)

Not keen on getting Kreuzer at max price but he is in such great form, and not keen on dumping Greenwood a couple of weeks early. But either of those trades will be improving my weekly points, whereas downgrade will just be gaining cash on bench.

Early days but thinking
Marchbank -> Zorko
Greenwood -> Macrae

Means the only rookies I'm fielding are Newman and Darcy. Happy with that.

But that could all be thrown out depending on injury news / team selection surprises later in then week

If I can avoid any Thursday choas I can finally bring Docherty in. Tuohy can piss off his form has been terrible. Cue the 80 for Docherty this weekend.

Early days but thinking
Marchbank -> Zorko
Greenwood -> Macrae

Means the only rookies I'm fielding are Newman and Darcy. Happy with that.

But that could all be thrown out depending on injury news / team selection surprises later in then week
At over 500k, not sure you can still call Newman a rookie! Only 20k behind Laird.

At over 500k, not sure you can still call Newman a rookie! Only 20k behind Laird.
Yeah I almost left him out for that reason. Not worrying about him right now. Will probably end up keeping him

Is it worth holding Rocky? Surely he explodes soon. Or is it time to move on?

Yeah it's a gross situation.

I have him too and have been considering either him, Hannebery, or Treloar -> Kelly.

I currently have Treloar on the way out but I wonder if I'm being too reactionary just based on a particularly bad week.

Rockliff actually seems like the most rational option as there looks to be a direct line between the injury he suffered and his drop in form. But emotionally I'm letting the possibility of giving him the boot and then him going for a 180 or something get the better of me. Which I suspect is how all his owners are feeling right now. :(

Anyone have thoughts on Toby McLean?

Going at 105 over his last three, 88.8 over five, all at $459,000. My forward line looks like crap so this could be a decent upgrade for a few weeks (I don't think I can go any higher $$ at this stage); otherwise I either hold Buzza one more week, or upgrade him to someone like Gray (I know), Tom (J) Lynch (probably the safest bet). Any other cheapies I should consider?

Anyone have thoughts on Toby McLean?

Going at 105 over his last three, 88.8 over five, all at $459,000. My forward line looks like crap so this could be a decent upgrade for a few weeks (I don't think I can go any higher $$ at this stage); otherwise I either hold Buzza one more week, or upgrade him to someone like Gray (I know), Tom (J) Lynch (probably the safest bet). Any other cheapies I should consider?

Kieran Jack. But has a cloud over his actual role when Swans have a full midfield. Because he played midfield after Hanners got corked last w/e and this w/e played midfield but JPK was late out. So............. iffy. I'm jumping on board assuming no carnage (Newnes)

Is it crazy to use my 2nd trade and spend $40,000 to go Vickers-Willis to to Witherden?

Anybody know his break even? He'd be on my bench with Ryan, but would be super handy to have floating between D7 and M9. Also means I can cash Ryan in when he maxes out.

Would also be good cover for Newnes or JPK either are out this week.

2nd trade if not that one would be Gray to Stevens.

Thoughts?

Is it crazy to use my 2nd trade and spend $40,000 to go Vickers-Willis to to Witherden?

Anybody know his break even? He'd be on my bench with Ryan, but would be super handy to have floating between D7 and M9. Also means I can cash Ryan in when he maxes out.

Would also be good cover for Newnes or JPK either are out this week.

2nd trade if not that one would be Gray to Stevens.

Thoughts?
Witherden B.E of 2
(E. V-W B.E is 43)
Not a crazy trade at all. It betters your cash generation & points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back