Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't seperate these two scenarios...mostly due to not being sure how I want to bring Whitfield in next week. Would appreciate some clarity.

Hurn + Hunter gives consistent scoring this week, but one of them would have to go next week to make way for Whitfield. Likely Hurn to maximise scoring power...which leaves Hunter in my mids a further 1-2 weeks.

Alternatively, I can do ZJones + MCrouch. A little bit risky with Jones but has a home match up versus Carlton. The upside of this trade is that Matt Crouch is a likely top 10 mid, a serviceable M8 at least - so I can make way for Whitfield via Jones next week (but id be cutting it very fine on cash which adds to risk factor).

Still can't seperate these two scenarios...mostly due to not being sure how I want to bring Whitfield in next week. Would appreciate some clarity.

Hurn + Hunter gives consistent scoring this week, but one of them would have to go next week to make way for Whitfield. Likely Hurn to maximise scoring power...which leaves Hunter in my mids a further 1-2 weeks.

Alternatively, I can do ZJones + MCrouch. A little bit risky with Jones but has a home match up versus Carlton. The upside of this trade is that Matt Crouch is a likely top 10 mid, a serviceable M8 at least - so I can make way for Whitfield via Jones next week (but id be cutting it very fine on cash which adds to risk factor).
Despite the extra risk I like the second option. M crouch is superior to Hunter easily. Although Hurn is a better option over Jones, you’re moving him on the end so it doesn’t matter. Fingers crossed you make it work cash-wise

Still thinking

Jelly —> Gaff (not 100% sold on Rocky yet)

Logue —> Whitfield (unless I should save money and go for Hurn in stead)

Trying to crack top 50, so may need to take some risks

Despite the extra risk I like the second option. M crouch is superior to Hunter easily. Although Hurn is a better option over Jones, you’re moving him on the end so it doesn’t matter. Fingers crossed you make it work cash-wise
So do I. Will be within about 10k...Ive been kissed with Parker out.

Some advice would be appreciated. With Logue out I literally have 0 playing rookies on my bench.

Logue, Naish, Baker, Bewley, Fort, Flynn, Burgess and Gardner.

Have no rookies on field at full strength but have had to straight swap my on field players for a few weeks to field a team.

This week I’m looking at Daniel still in my team with no cover thanks to Logue out. I have Boak and Cogs in the mids and Lycett at R2.

Hinkley has said today that Lycett has to pass a test on Saturday.

I ‘feel’ like Cogs and Boak are more likely to play than Lycett but still a chance all three play.

I could go a few directions.

1 - Trade out Daniel and Lycett to Salem/Hurn and Marshall. Means I have no bench cover at all still but moves Daniel on and Lycett who is facing a late fitness test.

2 - Daniel to Crisp and Baker to Noble.
Gives me cover in case of a late Cogs/Boak out and $232k in the bank for next week but no cover for Lycett unless Flynn makes the final cut.

3 - Logue to Birchall and Baker to Noble.
Again no Lycett cover. Birchall is my D6 until Daniel is back (1-2 weeks in injury report) and then moved to D7.
$205k in bank.

Unless i hold Jelly and Play Hind on field... im copping a donut this week. Jelly, Hore, Logue on field, Holding Daniel on the bench. Only Larkey and Hind as playing cover.

And lets not forget Lycett in the ruck who is still no certainty, which would potentially make 2 donuts. JFC

Unless i hold Jelly and Play Hind on field... im copping a donut this week. Jelly, Hore, Logue on field, Holding Daniel on the bench. Only Larkey and Hind as playing cover.

And lets not forget Lycett in the ruck who is still no certainty, which would potentially make 2 donuts. JFC

I feel your pain.

Some advice would be appreciated. With Logue out I literally have 0 playing rookies on my bench.

Logue, Naish, Baker, Bewley, Fort, Flynn, Burgess and Gardner.

Have no rookies on field at full strength but have had to straight swap my on field players for a few weeks to field a team.

This week I’m looking at Daniel still in my team with no cover thanks to Logue out. I have Boak and Cogs in the mids and Lycett at R2.

Hinkley has said today that Lycett has to pass a test on Saturday.

I ‘feel’ like Cogs and Boak are more likely to play than Lycett but still a chance all three play.

I could go a few directions.

1 - Trade out Daniel and Lycett to Salem/Hurn and Marshall. Means I have no bench cover at all still but moves Daniel on and Lycett who is facing a late fitness test.

2 - Daniel to Crisp and Baker to Noble.
Gives me cover in case of a late Cogs/Boak out and $232k in the bank for next week but no cover for Lycett unless Flynn makes the final cut.

3 - Logue to Birchall and Baker to Noble.
Again no Lycett cover. Birchall is my D6 until Daniel is back (1-2 weeks in injury report) and then moved to D7.
$205k in bank.

so im assuming you had logue covering daniel ?

Rule 1 - avoid a doughnut ! - you need to see if lycett plays

so id advise holding lycett if he plays and strengthen your team elsewhere.
I like #2 ; any def of crisp, laird, stewart. id chose the cheaper of the 3

this year ive been focusing on One up One down trading.
If you wanted to double down id go for Job security - baker/logue -> noble, goddard

edit: theres 7 weeks left. get the cash off your bench. avoid birchall. got for the 170k's

so im assuming you had logue covering daniel ?

Rule 1 - avoid a doughnut ! - you need to see if lycett plays

so id advise holding lycett if he plays and strengthen your team elsewhere.
I like #2 ; any def of crisp, laird, stewart. id chose the cheaper of the 3

this year ive been focusing on One up One down trading.
If you wanted to double down id go for Job security - baker/logue -> noble, goddard

edit: theres 7 weeks left. get the cash off your bench. avoid birchall. got for the 170k's

Yes, Logue was covering Daniel last week as I traded out Gawn and had Hanners out also with Bewely and Baker both dropped, so was looking at two donuts unless I kept Daniel (Went Gawn to Lycett which allowed me to go Hanners to Gaff).

I ended up copping a donut anyway with Boak as a late out.

Rule 1 - The issue there is I won't know if Lycett is playing. Hinkley said he is having a test on Saturday which is obviously post lockout.

I already have Laird and Stewart. Hurn is probably the best I can get Daniel to if trade Lycett to Marshall.

Yep, Baker/Logue to Noble/Goddard would be the trades I would be making if I had that luxery.

I haven't managed to do a downgrade since the byes which is why my bench is stuffed.

Double upgraded coming out of the byes but my bench was ok with Logue, Naish, Bewely and Baker all looking pretty safe. That quickly turned and have had to scramble to cover guys like Gawn, Hanners etc the past few weeks.

My scoring has been ok with 2184 last week (even with the Boak donut) and 2301 the previous week. Ranking has been going up steadily since the start of the byes and now into 2787 overall which is from around 10,000 at the start of the byes so I want to keep my on field team as strong as possible.

I agree, one up and one down is the way to go normally, but I have to trade out Daniel this week. God help me if I cop another injury during the round.
I am leaning towards trading Lycett unless I hear some positive news pre lockout or Flynn makes the cut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birchall vs Quaynor +80k for D6?

Fwiw think they’ll score similar but Birch obviously better JS.
Can't really afford to make a cost for cost trade, but I'm keen to see someone take a punt on Birch. His JS is solid, providing his body holds up (and I really hope it does!).

Can't really afford to make a cost for cost trade, but I'm keen to see someone take a punt on Birch. His JS is solid, providing his body holds up (and I really hope it does!).

It’s a watch thing with Birchall, will be watching closely...

Looking like bringing in a combo of MCrouch and ZWil or Oliver and ZJones is the best i can do.. with a leaning to the first one

Just gonna throw this out there...even before Rocky got injured up against Bris in Round 3, he was already tracking tracking at a pretty average rate, due to Mitch Robinson going to him for a tag. I reckon that'll happen again given the rivalry/ex team. That's why I'm avoiding him this week anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back