Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

So kinda ****ed.

Trading logue and either baker or Parker.

First option is to go logue to Goddard (on field) and baker to bont/JPK/Tom Phillips.

Second option is logue to Hurn and Parker to Hanrahan (on my bench) but this leaves hind covering for baker on field.

Hurn & Hind or Goddard & Bontempelli/JPK/Phillips

I feel short term it's option 2, but I'm gonna struggle to go Goddard to a good DEF. Points between hurn and Goddard maybe like 50 points? Hind and bont 70?

This kinda feels like round 2 with the rush to get in Rocky (led loudest by the Traders). It didn't end up so well that time.
Just gonna throw this out there...even before Rocky got injured up against Bris in Round 3, he was already tracking tracking at a pretty average rate, due to Mitch Robinson going to him for a tag. I reckon that'll happen again given the rivalry/ex team. That's why I'm avoiding him this week anyway

Agreed. The hype around Rocky has an all too familiar feel to it... I might be spectacularly wrong here but it feels like a classic Rockliff 60 is incoming, or even worse an injury.

Now feel free to remind me of my Nostradamus skills when he’s on 140 at three quarter time :drunk:

This kinda feels like round 2 with the rush to get in Rocky (led loudest by the Traders). It didn't end up so well that time.

But hell, I'm caught again haha. Rocky!

Yeh does feel that. Settled on Treloar for consistency and staying on the park.

Copping so many injuries I dont think i can handle boarding the Rocky rollarcoaster again.

Yes, Logue was covering Daniel last week as I traded out Gawn and had Hanners out also with Bewely and Baker both dropped, so was looking at two donuts unless I kept Daniel (Went Gawn to Lycett which allowed me to go Hanners to Gaff).

I ended up copping a donut anyway with Boak as a late out.

Rule 1 - The issue there is I won't know if Lycett is playing. Hinkley said he is having a test on Saturday which is obviously post lockout.

I already have Laird and Stewart. Hurn is probably the best I can get Daniel to if trade Lycett to Marshall.

Yep, Baker/Logue to Noble/Goddard would be the trades I would be making if I had that luxery.

I haven't managed to do a downgrade since the byes which is why my bench is stuffed.

Double upgraded coming out of the byes but my bench was ok with Logue, Naish, Bewely and Baker all looking pretty safe. That quickly turned and have had to scramble to cover guys like Gawn, Hanners etc the past few weeks.

My scoring has been ok with 2184 last week (even with the Boak donut) and 2301 the previous week. Ranking has been going up steadily since the start of the byes and now into 2787 overall which is from around 10,000 at the start of the byes so I want to keep my on field team as strong as possible.

I agree, one up and one down is the way to go normally, but I have to trade out Daniel this week. God help me if I cop another injury during the round.
I am leaning towards trading Lycett unless I hear some positive news pre lockout or Flynn makes the cut.

well then you already know what to do - your just avoid it cuz its a shitty option:

trade out either Daniel/logue AND Lycett - or risk the doughnut.
you can trade Baker if you can find a mid/def dpp to swap with

Yeh does feel that. Settled on Treloar for consistency and staying on the park.

Copping so many injuries I dont think i can handle boarding the Rocky rollarcoaster again.

Yeah I reckon Treloar is a pretty safe option. Would have said Rocky for uniqueness but I'm not even sure about that with all the hype he's been getting.

I've currently got Gaff in ahead of Rocky. We'll see how long that'll last.

So kinda f’ed.

Trading logue and either baker or Parker.

First option is to go logue to Goddard (on field) and baker to bont/JPK/Tom Phillips.

Second option is logue to Hurn and Parker to Hanrahan (on my bench) but this leaves hind covering for baker on field.

Hurn & Hind or Goddard & Bontempelli/JPK/Phillips

I feel short term it's option 2, but I'm gonna struggle to go Goddard to a good DEF. Points between hurn and Goddard maybe like 50 points? Hind and bont 70?

Pretty sure most of my advice to you has been wrong, but I agree on option two. Particularly like the bont selection. It’s more a genuine premo and rook move to me. Hurn whilst he has been good, hasn’t really proven he is a genuine premo, and there’s really a bit of a problem with backs in general at the moment anyway. I’d personally be happier with bont than hurn.

Pretty sure most of my advice to you has been wrong, but I agree on option two. Particularly like the bont selection. It’s more a genuine premo and rook move to me. Hurn whilst he has been good, hasn’t really proven he is a genuine premo, and there’s really a bit of a problem with backs in general at the moment anyway. I’d personally be happier with bont than hurn.
No you've been very helpful! Any input is good that's what's is good about bigfooty clan. I agree, and thanks for the reassurance. Just wish I didn't have to field Goddard lol, team is gone for the year. Good luck!

Still can't seperate these two scenarios...mostly due to not being sure how I want to bring Whitfield in next week. Would appreciate some clarity.

Hurn + Hunter gives consistent scoring this week, but one of them would have to go next week to make way for Whitfield. Likely Hurn to maximise scoring power...which leaves Hunter in my mids a further 1-2 weeks.

Alternatively, I can do ZJones + MCrouch. A little bit risky with Jones but has a home match up versus Carlton. The upside of this trade is that Matt Crouch is a likely top 10 mid, a serviceable M8 at least - so I can make way for Whitfield via Jones next week (but id be cutting it very fine on cash which adds to risk factor).
fu** it. Bont in over MCrouch. Will go bananas in R23 too.

Should just go with your gut and pull the trigger on either bont/hunter/mrouch. You alluded to them on your pod and the uniqueness is there with all of them. They're all like for like in terms of scoring from here on out. Speaking of the podcast too, some very decent content on there. Was well worth the listen. Insight was on point. Few things really stuck out like the Dusty captains pick, general strategy etc. Couple of things I disagreed with, but the points I disagreed with were subjective anyway. Wish I'd started listening to it earlier in the season 😂

Surely Zak Jones gets it done this weekend against Carlton at the SCG. TheRednWhite hjckr any chance of some further insight and a score prediction? And Zevon
I wouldn't hesitate at all getting m crouch in. Consistent AF and tasty price. I'm a Jones fan too, had 2 bad weeks all season. People are just off him by being burnt last season or for trading him in right before he got injured

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here.

Trying to trade Parker (FWD) and swapping Gardner (def/fwd) to my forward line to bring in a Defender.

Confirm Gardner's swap and says select a player to trade in next to my emergency defender where Gardner was, select it and it brings up forwards to trade in?

Is the App ****ed or is it me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should just go with your gut and pull the trigger on either bont/hunter/mrouch. You alluded to them on your pod and the uniqueness is there with all of them. They're all like for like in terms of scoring from here on out. Speaking of the podcast too, some very decent content on there. Was well worth the listen. Insight was on point. Few things really stuck out like the Dusty captains pick, general strategy etc. Couple of things I disagreed with, but the points I disagreed with were subjective anyway. Wish I'd started listening to it earlier in the season 😂
Cheers legend really appreciate it! Happy to have been of some help 👍

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong here.

Trying to trade Parker (FWD) and swapping Gardner (def/fwd) to my forward line to bring in a Defender.

Confirm Gardner's swap and says select a player to trade in next to my emergency defender where Gardner was, select it and it brings up forwards to trade in?

Is the App f’ed or is it me?

Is there a drop down option to change from Fwds to Def ??? I think sometimes it still thinks you are trading a forward as that’s what you started to do....

The app is rooted, that is not you...

I wouldn't hesitate at all getting m crouch in. Consistent AF and tasty price. I'm a Jones fan too, had 2 bad weeks all season. People are just off him by being burnt last season or for trading him in right before he got injured
Definitely can't go wrong with MCrouch and his consistency is fantastic. So far in 2019 Bont has shown his floor is relatively high (72 at GMHBA), but has a large ceonh and the Crows R23 who leak ridiculous amounts of points which is tipping it for me, just.

Is there a drop down option to change from Fwds to Def ??? I think sometimes it still thinks you are trading a forward as that’s what you started to do....

The app is rooted, that is not you...

I can swap Gardner to my forward line, he shows up as an emergency there and a blank spot in my defence.

Click the plus sign on the vacant defender and it brings up forwards to trade in.

Worst app design i've ever come across.

Have all the obvious Mid trade in targets already. What do people think about Lachie Neale or getting Cripps back in. Need some ideas

I can swap Gardner to my forward line, he shows up as an emergency there and a blank spot in my defence.

Click the plus sign on the vacant defender and it brings up forwards to trade in.

Worst app design i've ever come across.

But is there an option if you hit the little down arrow on ‘more filters’ that lets you change to defenders instead of forwards ??

Settled on:

Logue -> Goddard
B.Ellis -> Stewart

Reasonably boring but gets Brandon Ellis out of my team, never to be seen again. *Hopefully* next week is more exciting with a bit of cash left to upgrade Worpel to an uber premo mid.

Will egg hold his spot?
Going hore -> Whitfield, Kelly -> Rocky.
But also have logue so egg will have to go field

Will egg hold his spot?
Going hore -> Whitfield, Kelly -> Rocky.
But also have logue so egg will have to go field

That’s my issue too. Hoping he does, then I can get two rookies this week, then fix up some other issues next week....

Bewley to Hanrahan and Logue to Sicily leaves me with

Lloyd, Laird, Hurn, Stewart, Rich, Sicily (Naish, Gardner)
Taranto, Treloar, Gaff, Zerrett, Brouch, Coniglio, Oliver, Fyfe (Answerth, Hayden)
Grundy, Witts (Smith, Fort)
Danger, Dunkley, Telly, Boak, Martin, Lycett (Chol, Hanrahan)

Hopefully I can trim the bench and luxury trade for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back