Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Final teams, YAY!..... Wait a minute.... Logue out, Hately out, Duursma out, Rose out. No O.Baker, no Bewley plus Daniel is still out who I was bright enough to hold last week.

BUT I can still field a full team (playing emergencies you say? bah overrated luxuries) all I have to do is reverse my trades and miss out on Whitfield, hold Hately yet another non-playing ****ing week, move Daniel so he can put his feet up on my forward bench, trade out Duursma who I'd have rather held, trade in Crisp and then play all three of Stack, Quaynor and Chol on field :thumbsu::thumbsu:.

OK its round 17, my team is bad and I should feel bad.

Last edited:
Duursma out, wowzer. That means Duurs, Rose, Logue, Hately, Parker, LDU, Baker, as rooks that have all been omitted.

In better news, Whit is playing! Cogs is lining up too, as is Lycett and Boak. Fingers crossed that all 4 make it to game day and play well!
Those omissions are going to throw a spanner in a lot of teams....

I like looking at the top 10 teams to see how they roll with trades/selections and how they deal with injuries etc. What I have seen is that all of them traded Gawn last week (probably planning on getting him back this week) But they all also have either Logue/Duursma at D6 with no bench cover and 8/10 have Jelly with no bench cover either. Meaning that they're stuck dealing with those issues and can't get Gawn back in, so those teams that held Gawn have a real POD advantage this week. Funny thing is, the top teams benches are absolutely rooted meaning no cash generation, particularly with rook upgrades still to be done for them as well as luxury upgrades, eg. most have Houli who I think will drop in output with Short and the Eggman taking a lot of his rebound possies.

Just thoughts for us poor souls who are languishing down the rankings.

My side:

B: Lloyd, Laird, Houli, Perryman, Eggman - Daniel, Hinge, Hore

M: Macrae, Cogs, Treloar, B Crouch, Gaff, Rocky, Yeo, Hind - J Kelly, O Baker

R: Grundy, Marshall - Fort, Flynn

F: Dunkley, Boak, Flogerfield, T Kelly, Walters, Lipinski - Rose, Gardner

Yes - I’ve put three defenders on the bench for the obvious reason.

27k left.

Do I ????

Cash gen: Hore/Hinge to Quaynor and Goddard. Or Hore/Baker to Quaynor and Noble ??

Means Eggman, Hind and Quaynor in field.

Like for like: Kelly to Zorko, Daniel to Sicily/Crisp/Newman

This also generates cash....

A mixture ????

My side:

B: Lloyd, Laird, Houli, Perryman, Eggman - Daniel, Hinge, Hore

M: Macrae, Cogs, Treloar, B Crouch, Gaff, Rocky, Yeo, Hind - J Kelly, O Baker

R: Grundy, Marshall - Fort, Flynn

F: Dunkley, Boak, Flogerfield, T Kelly, Walters, Lipinski - Rose, Gardner

Yes - I’ve put three defenders on the bench for the obvious reason.

27k left.

Do I ????

Cash gen: Hore/Hinge to Quaynor and Goddard. Or Hore/Baker to Quaynor and Noble ??

Means Eggman, Hind and Quaynor in field.

Like for like: Kelly to Zorko, Daniel to Sicily/Crisp/Newman

This also generates cash....

A mixture ????
get those injured premos out , can’t have that kind of money on your bench at this stage unless you aren’t interested and in your overall.

get those injured premos out , can’t have that kind of money on your bench at this stage unless you aren’t interested and in your overall.

That’s what I’ve done, just no cash generation at the minute.

Next week I’ll pick the best of the rookies and upgrade Hore to a premium...

No paddy Ryder is huge for us lycett owners, hopefully he doesn’t eat injured this week and hits 120+

Looks like Ladhams has replaced Ryder in the Emergencies in case he doesn’t pass tomorrow’s fitness test.

Ryder is unwell apparently.

Wines said the extra day would give in-form ruckman Scott Lycett the chance to overcome a knee knock he suffered last weekend.
Ruckman Paddy Ryder was withdrawn as an emergency from the game on Friday, with Peter Ladhams taking his place on the stand-by list along with Powell-Pepper, Duursma and Trent McKenzie.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.254 Million to get a defender + midfielder combo for Logue and Josh Kelly.

Hurn and Cripps is the best combo I can think of. Are there are better combos?

Current team -

DEF - Lloyd, Laird, Salem, Sicily, Blakely, Logue (Answerth, Naish)
MID - Kelly, Macrae, Taranto, Coniglio, Treloar, Crouch, Gaff, Brayshaw (Baker, Hind)
RUC - Grundy, Marshall (Fort, Flynn)
FWD - Dunkley, Dangerfield, Boak, Martin, Kelly, Worpel (Hanrahan, Gardner)

Duurs out!!!!! WTF! :mad:

Now Brayspud has to play so I can bring in Whitfield as I have no backline cover other than Logue.

FU Kern. You seriously have no idea!

Final team barring some stupid injury announcement in the next hour -

DEF - Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Crisp, Salem, Sicily
MID - Macrae, Gaff, Coniglio, Brouch, Sloane, Boak, Merrett, Treloar (Hind bench)
RUC - Grundy, Gawn
FWD - Chol, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Martin, Kelly, Worpel

Only the one playing emergency. Not great.

Will there be a few of us taking the double downgrade option next week to get the dead wood off the bench?

One up, one down is my current plan. Which should last until I post this....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back