Preview Round 18: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, Sunday 17/07/2022 @ 4:40 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redman for mass the likely change. Maybe Phillips for menzie if they want a tall for small, I doubt it though.
yep. reckon it's Redman for Mass. not sure we'd pick both though i'd be happy to go Redman, Hobbs, Menzie, Mass bench. Suspect Snell will play
Flip as sub in event we get a ruck injury.

Mcgrath probably plays higher up at times. We look much better with more rebounding defenders.
and quality kickers

i'd line up as
Ridley - Zerk - Kelly
Hind - Laverde - Redman
McGrath - Shiel - Martin
Langford - Jones - Hobbs
Guelfi - Wright - Stringer
Draper - Merrett - Caldwell
Snelling - Massimo - Durham - Menzie
Phillips

Wondered how long it would take for someone to suggest dropping Kelly after he monstered the best small forward in the league and BOOM FIRST POST

Yep. Even I wouldn't drop Kelly after last week. Taking small forwards, and you can't get one quicker and more dangerous than CC says you're in the side and not holding up a spot of a solid KPD.

If he can keep up that sort of job on their small forward then it's a no-brainer for me!!

Redman back means Heppell plays on a wing. Kelly's form means we don't need to push McGrath back so our midfield is stronger again.

While I'm on the defensive side of the game. Let's have Caldwell run with Miller this week. He still got plenty of the ball so it was not an offensive loss.

Hopefully, Snelling can get some better form back. If so, I'd like to see more Hobbs time on the ball and Merrett starting to spend more time starting on the forward flank. They won't be able to play zoning off a guy on him cause we just play through Merrett and that deadly left foot is hitting up 2MP!!

Loving the boys finding some form to bring into the preseason, but a pick in the top three, and potentially some trade magic to get another pick in before Davey will help set up this list to push finals next year and start winning finals the year after that.

I feel that is incredibly unlikely.

If we weren't going to play 3 KPDs against Daniher/Hipwood/OMac or Buddy/McDonald/Reid and win, we arent playing a 3rd KPD now.
With 6 games to go there is no way that Laverde, Ridley, BZT, and Kelly all play every game. Someone is going to be too sore for a game.

I agree with you and we should wait until there is legitimately a role for him to come in and fill.

Okay, what I think the bench will be:

If he gets up: Hobbs, D'Ambrosio, Snelling, Redman, (Phillips)
I he doesn't get up: Hobbs, Snelling, Redman, Phillips (Waterman)

Predicted match ups:

Zerk on Casboult
Laverde on Chol
Ridley on Day
Kelly on Rankine
Redman on Lukosius
Hind/McGrath on Ainsworth/resting mid

Collins on Wright
Ballard on Stringer
Graham on Jones
Lemmens on Guelfi
Bowes/Ellis/Markov on Hobbs/Snelling/resting mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Waterman, Smith, Clarke, Perkins, Stewart, Gleeson, Cutler, Francis
ESSENDON INS: Zerk-Thatcher, Kelly, Martin, Langford, Jones, Phillips, Caldwell

GOLD COAST OUTS: Townsend, Corbett, Jeffrey, Smith, Sexton, Atkins, Powell, King, Burgess, Sharp, Farrar
GOLD COAST INS: Rankine, Holman, Casboult, Chol, Flanders, Ellis, Graham, Witts, Oea, Day, Markov

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

ESSENDON OUTS: Waterman, Smith, Clarke, Perkins, Stewart, Gleeson, Cutler, Francis
ESSENDON INS: Zerk-Thatcher, Kelly, Martin, Langford, Jones, Phillips, Caldwell

GOLD COAST OUTS: Townsend, Corbett, Jeffrey, Smith, Sexton, Atkins, Powell, King, Burgess, Sharp, Farrar
GOLD COAST INS: Rankine, Holman, Casboult, Chol, Flanders, Ellis, Graham, Witts, Oea, Day, Markov
Our ins look so much more convincing than our outs. The only one of those I'd bring in if we could would be Perko.

Looking forward to this game and won't be too upset if we lose. If Swallow and Flanders play the wings they might be a bit slow out there. Draper needs to bring heat to Witts all game everywhere or be destroyed. Fingers crossed it's Kelly on Rankine.

Poor Massimo, suddenly we have an oversupply of decent defenders…
He will be a lock. We will fit him in.

With BZT hitting good form not sure where it leaves Stewart TBH. We have a good crop of defenders coming through.

Unfortunately, looking like Heppell will go around again which will take a spot. If we get Heppell's form like the last month ok but I fear there will be more games like the first half of the year to come.

He will be a lock. We will fit him in.

With BZT hitting good form not sure where it leaves Stewart TBH. We have a good crop of defenders coming through.

Unfortunately, looking like Heppell will go around again which will take a spot. If we get Heppell's form like the last month ok but I fear there will be more games like the first half of the year to come.
Need to hand over the captaincy so he can be "managed" every now and then next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back