Preview Round 18: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, Sunday 17/07/2022 @ 4:40 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on the fact he is available, if he is not fit then I am not sure what we do, Heppell goes back and Ham comes in I suppose.
Cutler off a HBF? Not sure if injured.
Alternatively we play Brand who looks close to a debut.
As much as the mobile backline has been working for us, taking the opportunity to look at Brand, Eyre and even McBride is more appealing than Cutler (harsh) or Ham.

I feel that is incredibly unlikely.

If we weren't going to play 3 KPDs against Daniher/Hipwood/OMac or Buddy/McDonald/Reid and win, we arent playing a 3rd KPD now.
Well we'd be playing 2 key defenders instead of one and it was more that Brand looks like the next defender in line.

I doubt we move Heppell from the wing, especially if Durham misses out. Plus it's a good week for him to get a taste IMO.

As much as the mobile backline has been working for us, taking the opportunity to look at Brand, Eyre and even McBride is more appealing than Cutler (harsh) or Ham.

Depends if we want to keep the 3 x mobile attacking HBF types or change the setup.

D'Ambrosio for Redman is the obvious one if Redman is good to go, Cutler is the next most similar after Redman.

Otherwise we could run a 2nd genuine KPD in Brand, but they seem reticent to run 2 x KPDs with Laverde and Ridley playing more offensive roles.

Depends if we want to keep the 3 x mobile attacking HBF types or change the setup.

D'Ambrosio for Redman is the obvious one if Redman is good to go, Cutler is the next most similar after Redman.

Otherwise we could run a 2nd genuine KPD in Brand, but they seem reticent to run 2 x KPDs with Laverde and Ridley playing more offensive roles.
Redman or D’Ambrosia for sure if fit, I just think outside of that we need to be trying to work out what we’ve got on our list worth keeping long term.

I don’t think he was directly on Charlie Cameron if that’s who you are referring to - and yes - I’d like to see us debut Menzie

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate Kelly gave Cameron an absolute bath.

he also wore Heeney like a glove against the Swans too.

Sorry, but this is a bad call by you.

Redman or D’Ambrosia for sure if fit, I just think outside of that we need to be trying to work out what we’ve got on our list worth keeping long term.

I agree, Menzies is only on a 6 month contract so I'd think we'd want to get a look at him.

I think Brand has done enough at VFL level for a young tall to get another year irrespective, but I also like the idea of playing two genuine KPDs which pushes Laverde to play on guys in his own weight division; the medium-tall power types. DeGoey, Dangerfield, Martin, Petracca when they rest forward.

Laverde is an aggressive interceptor when he's not playing a hard defensive role, I'd like to see how we look with Laverde & Ridley both being able to play more aggressive games whilst BZT and Reid/Brand handle the talls.

Will Redman be up to playing 8 days after getting Covid? I know he is allowed to, but is there a chance that he’s still a bit lethargic?

Did he actually have symptoms? Or just test positive?

If D'Ambrosio is out, then Redman comes in as a direct replacement.

If Durham is out I would like to see Menzie get shot, only 6 games left and he is on a 6 month contract. Heppell, Langford and Martin can take the wings.
I am sure there is an easier way to let the young fella go at the end of the year than shooting him.

Ins: Redman
Outs: D'Ambrosio (inj)

B: Redman Ridley Laverde
HB: McGrath BZT Heppell
C: Martin Merrett Durham
HF: Langford Jones Snelling
F: Stringer Wright Guelfi
R: Draper Caldwell Shiel
INT: Hobbs Hind Kelly Phillips

Wouldn't mind seeing Menzie get a run at some stage, get him some exposure in the big leagues.
That's the team I like, with the exception of Heppell who hopefully vacates for Dambro next year.

Anything official about Mass yet ?

Sun's have improved a lot, but down here I think I will back us in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 ruck v 1 could open up a spot for Brand

I think Redman for Mass makes sense. no point risking injury
Ham for Durham a good chance if that injury is a concern, but would prefer to see Menzie.

And let's be honest, if we aren't playing finals, play for the future. And let's not ruin a feel good GCS story. Esp if it means they are in the hunt to still knock richmond, carlton or st kilda out of the finals :)

In: Brand, Redman, Menzie
Out: Mass, Phillips, Ham or Durham (if inj)

Ridley - Brand - Kelly
Laverde - Zerk - Redman
Martin - Shiel - McGrath
Hobbs - Jones - Langford
Stringer - Wright - Guelfi
Draper - Merrett - Caldwell
Heppell - Menzie - Snelling - Hind
Phillips

McVeigh & Hird in the gc box :drunk:
Staring George Costanza GIF

In: Redman
Out: Mass (inj)

Ridley - Laverde - Kelly
Hind - Zerk - Redman
Martin - Shiel - McGrath
Hobbs - Jones - Langford
Stringer - Wright - Guelfi
Draper - Merrett - Caldwell
Heppell - Durham - Snelling - Phillips

If Durham is also injured I would bring Menzie in for him and let Langford/Snelling pick up the extra wing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back