Unofficial Preview Round 19 vs Bulldogs (Ballarat)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's important to not only win but win well. I noticed the skills of Melbourne last night, GWS are warming up and Geelong look good, teams who want to fire up and get ready for September are making their charge, the time is now, if we don't dominate the WB today it leaves us open for next week IMO, we can beat the Crows at home like Melbourne did, but it will take 4 quarters of hard work, if we end up getting on top of them next week the mentality the season is over will kick in.
As I have written in my 4 seasons in a season thread, the heavyweights put the pedal to the metal in August when they get ready for September. Doesn't mean you can't do it in late July. We will find out how serious we are if we get in front - do we coast or do we kill?

What if we win 3 out of the 4 ?

:)
Depends. 3 lucky wins and a bad loss is different to 3 big wins and a close loss.

The point is that if we play anywhere near our capabilities, we'll win 4 going into the finals and be a big threat for the flag. If we continue to be unable to produce near our best for a large chunk of a game, we'll be also-rans and it will be a wasted year.

The best teams play near their best for a large part of every game. When we play near our best, no other team can touch us, but we aren't able to play near our best for more than a quarter.

Actually laughing.

That's as implausible as it is fantastic.
Bit late but..... looks like Port play everywhere man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back