Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also factor in May and Lever.
Lewis is gonna need to work his arse off to get separation on May all day.
Chol is gonna need to get damaging to avoid Lever sagging off him and taking intercept mark all day.
These 2 match ups will determine the game. As well as Frost on Ben Brown.
Realistically i'd be telling Chol and Lewis to jump on May's head everytime a high ball comes in and smash the packs. Sick of our forwards 10 meters off the fall of the ball and guys intercepting uncontested. If you are a forward read the ball and get to the drop and crash the pack so it's either your mark or a crumb for our smalls.

Watched the Melbourne game yesterday- they looked pretty sharp and AFL does their bit with the pathetic Sicily suspension - just hope we keep this game competitive really…

Although probably not the big bodied, wrestling type, there might be some pointers to take from this for Reeves

This tactic will probably work better for Meek, who is stronger physically. But how many rucks will try and jump like English does, not many have big leaps/athleticism like him.

Realistically i'd be telling Chol and Lewis to jump on May's head everytime a high ball comes in and smash the packs. Sick of our forwards 10 meters off the fall of the ball and guys intercepting uncontested. If you are a forward read the ball and get to the drop and crash the pack so it's either your mark or a crumb for our smalls.
It's a part of the contemporary game that does my head in. A 50 metre kick down the ground, even from a set kick, and opposition defenders marking unopposed with forwards nowhere to be seen. It's got me beaten why a forward cannot even get to the contest for a spoiling option at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Melbourne game yesterday- they looked pretty sharp and AFL does their bit with the pathetic Sicily suspension - just hope we keep this game competitive really…
Their midfield absolutely blitzed the doggies. Viney Oliver and Petracca just did what they wanted in the last half.

Zoidberg is a good bloke and I won't hear any more negative talk about him
jesus GIF

On another tack, does anyone know if there are any changes to the usual public transport arrangements for getting into the city (the 'G) because of the Grand Prix this weekend? I have a recollection that they don't run all the usual tram lines when the race is on, which might impact our crowd. Am I right in thinking that, does anyone know?

Sicily a good chance to get off. Two players bumped him and McGrath was the third. McGrath ran in from a few meters and left the ground.
I don't know where people are getting this McGrath jumping off the ground to hit Sicily bs is from but he went off the ground after Sicily lifted him.
I hate Essendon as much as the next Hawk but get those hate filled goggles off for a second.

On another tack, does anyone know if there are any changes to the usual public transport arrangements for getting into the city (the 'G) because of the Grand Prix this weekend? I have a recollection that they don't run all the usual tram lines when the race is on, which might impact our crowd. Am I right in thinking that, does anyone know?

I think sis gets off after McGraths comments and if any reasonable person looks at the footage.

The dogs front running mids were ran over as the pressure dropped, if we can keep the pressure on the ball user the dees will struggle to hit forwards as usual. None of their mids are good kicks but they’ll kill us if we drop off.

The dees won’t let us walk the ball forward like the scum so we need to kick straight.

If Sis isn’t suspended we likely go in unchanged, hopefully start Finn with Watson or Breust as sub.

Dusting myself off from the disappointment of losing to the scum. Imagine if our midfield turned up ……… 6 goal win minimum! Our midfield really needs to turn up this Sat and match them at least or it will be tough to get the 4 points. Finn to Oliver as he must have got a lot of confidence from the last time. Hope Newk realises that he will be targeted so his tackling and aggression at the ball needs to go to another level.

I don't know where people are getting this McGrath jumping off the ground to hit Sicily bs is from but he went off the ground after Sicily lifted him.
I hate Essendon as much as the next Hawk but get those hate filled goggles off for a second.
I said he left the ground, not jumped. Try running and bumping someone with both feet on the ground…

McGrath instigated the contact. He ran at Sicily who then lowered his center of gravity.

Sicily flicked his leg out and McGrath wouldn’t have budged if he was stable with two feet on the ground.

Dusting myself off from the disappointment of losing to the scum. Imagine if our midfield turned up ……… 6 goal win minimum! Our midfield really needs to turn up this Sat and match them at least or it will be tough to get the 4 points. Finn to Oliver as he must have got a lot of confidence from the last time. Hope Newk realises that he will be targeted so his tackling and aggression at the ball needs to go to another level.
Agree. Nash was bog average and Jai looked sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back