Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
If we can play like we did against the Hawks we are in with a red hot chance of going 2 - 0. Not sure we will make any changes given we won by 10 goals - if we do though someone might make way for one or more of Snelling, Hobbs or Guelfi...I'd go in unchanged though and Draper forward makes us look more dangerous;-

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Martin Setterfield Durham
Perkins Weideman Davey
Jones Draper Menzie

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Shiel Langford Heppell
SUB: Tippa/Snelling

If we can play like we did against the Hawks we are in with a red hot chance of going 2 - 0. Not sure we will make any changes given we won by 10 goals - if we do though someone might make way for one or more of Snelling, Hobbs or Guelfi...I'd go in unchanged though and Draper forward makes us look more dangerous;-

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Perkins Weideman Davey
Jones Draper Menzie

Phillips Parish Merrett

SUB: Tippa/Snelling
Only change for me is the sub.

Think Tippa would benefit more from a full game in the VFL.

VOSS for Phillips
Jones & Weideman to both spend time in the ruck.

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Perkins Weideman Davey
Jones VOSS Menzie

Draper Parish Merrett

SUB: Walla

Emg: Walla, Snelling, Phillips, Guelfi

I feel as though we're going to cop massive heat from the mass of Bomber fans for putting Walla in the VFL, even though it's probably the right thing to do.

Im gonna shoot Bambi
Out: Heppell, Tippa (VFL game time)
In: Snelling/Voss, Massimo

Not keen to drop Flip as Witts is a monster ruck & Draper is gonna need proper help.

Ridley - Zerk - Kelly
Redman - Laverde - Langford
Martin - Setterfield - Durham
Perkins - Jones - Davey
Menzie - Weideman - Snelling/Voss
Draper - Parish - Merrett
Shiel - McGrath - Phillips - Caldwell
Massimo

Caldwell on thin ice.

Voss/Snelling to bring pressure. Suns wilted under Swans pressure and there was a great comment on how they can bring it, but can't absorb it. Feel we should be matching that and Dyson just doesn't bring it. 2 moments yday (a nice ball trap, and he got a goal)

Can play a leadership role with the kids at VFL level and getting them ready.

Stringer for Phillips i agree

Were we happy with Heppells half fwd game or do we not have the balls to do that yet? I was thinking we could get away with management but doubt it

Sub: Guelfi (Just in case for Stringer)

I feel as though we're going to cop massive heat from the mass of Bomber fans for putting Walla in the VFL, even though it's probably the right thing to do.
I think Scott is the type of person to not give a damn, it's about what's best for the team.

It was good for the team on a spiritual level to get Walla out there in round 1 but low risk given he was sub. Walla has shown he's still got the touch, now it's time to get the miles in the legs. We can't afford that in the seniors.

Phillips can't be playing at AFL level again.

Apart from that, I don't think they'll have Tippa as the sub again - hopefully they give him a full game, at either level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massimo should not be sub. He didn't play VFL. Get him a full game. Same with Walla. Get Guelfi or Snelling to do it.

I'm inclined to bring in Mass for Tippa as sub and roll him in if Kelly has a shocker. Thought he was solid yesterday. Surely Tippa needs some VFL time, but maybe he could take Heppell's place if they think he's fit enough. Or Voss for Hepp - doesn't really make us that much taller and it's not like Heppell's a great pressure forward.

If we drop Phillips it would have to be for another KPF.
Can't have Jones as our only KPF if and when Weideman goes into the ruck to chop out Draper.

Did I miss what happened with Hind? Did he play VFL or is he injured?

Scott seemed to indicate that Stringer was ready to go (injury recovery wise) but they want to build his fitness. Wonder if he’ll play? If so, you’d probably bring him in at the expense of Phillips and have Weeds as the backup ruck.

Walla will probably play VFL. Needs to build the fitness more you’d think.

If we drop Phillips it would have to be for another KPF.
Can't have Jones as our only KPF if and when Weideman goes into the ruck to chop out Draper.
Unless they decide to play stringer deep. The mix we had yesterday in the fwd 50 was beautiful, can’t add another slow player in. Jones and stringer are fine for 5-6 minutes a qtr

Did I miss what happened with Hind? Did he play VFL or is he injured?

Scott seemed to indicate that Stringer was ready to go (injury recovery wise) but they want to build his fitness. Wonder if he’ll play? If so, you’d probably bring him in at the expense of Phillips and have Weeds as the backup ruck.

Walla will probably play VFL. Needs to build the fitness more you’d think.
Hind played VFL practice game.

From the other site "19 Hind - showed a bit. Few blistering runs but harder at it than usual"

VOSS for Phillips
Jones & Weideman to both spend time in the ruck.

Ridley Zerk Kelly
Redman Lav McGrath
Perkins Weideman Davey
Jones VOSS Menzie

Draper Parish Merrett

SUB: Walla

Emg: Walla, Snelling, Phillips, Guelfi
Draper got smashed for hit outs. Witts will eat him. Needs Phillips for support.

Also, Jones has only just returned to seniors. I'd prefer we didn't destroy his knees with ruck work.

Seems to make sense to bring in Stringer (assuming he really is ready) for Phillips. Have Walla play in the VFL to build up further fitness. D'Ambrosio or Heppell as sub.
Draper got smashed for hit outs. Witts will eat him. Needs Phillips for support.

Also, Jones has only just returned to seniors. I'd prefer we didn't destroy his knees with ruck work.
Witts is going to smash whoever he is up against. Phillips isn't much support. Only benefit of Phillips is allowing Draper to spend time forward as he did get 2 goals and could have had 1 or 2 more. On balance, I'd be happy to have Stringer in and Phillips out, with Weid to chop out and have agile forward line.

Going to be tough to contain King and Chol. Laverde probably goes to Chol and Zerk on King. If Casboult plays we're gonna be well undersized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back