Preview Round 2: Essendon vs Gold Coast, Docklands, Sunday 26th March @ 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BZT is not going to ever be a viable ruck option and more than Langford is. Forget about it.

phillips is a more than servicable 2nd ruckman when we need it.

zero need to experiment elsewhere.

Honestly curious about the BZT Ruck idea.

It weirdly makes a Fair bit of sense. Essendon needs Draper to play more forward with Wright out (and it’s another string to drapers bow/development)

So Phillips/Bryan need to be playing for team balance reasons. Bryan being a young player in a contract year who’s been doing well in the VFL seems a player to try and fit in over Phillips who’s a known player with a known ceiling.

Essendon could use another tall defender and Bryan is still physically not there to play ruck full time has shown to be a very good VFL player and ready for his opportunity…

BZT has developed physically and could stand up to playing 25-40% ruck. Pushing his intercept marking further up the ground also helps the teams FWD pressure/ front half game plan.

See, Dodo is clearly onto something.

That, or this is his burner account. All things possible.

Scott has been saying over and over again that medically fit doesn’t mean match fit, every time he’s asked about Stringer.

He also keeps saying something about having to be good enough to win every week, not only when one particular player has a good game.

And he’s been saying all that for weeks. Seems like a straight shooter. So I don’t think Stringer will be a late inclusion… would be surprising if he was

Scott has been saying over and over again that medically fit doesn’t mean match fit, every time he’s asked about Stringer.

He also keeps saying something about having to be good enough to win every week, not only when one particular player has a good game.

And he’s been saying all that for weeks. Seems like a straight shooter. So I don’t think Stringer will be a late inclusion… would be surprising if he was
Dodoro and co aren't in match committee anymore.

im hoping this means the end of the teams games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guelfi is in many ways the perfect sub. You can drop him into nearly any position on the ground and he'll at least break even with his opponent. I suspect that'll be the only change from last week.

Guelfi is in many ways the perfect sub. You can drop him into nearly any position on the ground and he'll at least break even with his opponent. I suspect that'll be the only change from last week.
It wouldn't surprise me. Guelf brings so much energy. I think he came on as the sub in a game last year or the year before and his energy and efforts shifted the momentum of the game. Can't remember who that was against but I think we won. Also, Scott loves Guelfi. He'll be selected sooner or later, unless he continues the weekend partyboy stuff I suppose.

Yep, he has been very consistent on that.

In the past, Stringer would have been rushed back only to have a poor game or re-injure himself.

Us supporters have been crying out about players being given games on reputation for years. Looks like under Scott you will have to earn your spot. Bodes well when we now have positional depth.

Not surprising, at Norf Scott didn't even gift games to Harvey.

Yep, he has been very consistent on that.

In the past, Stringer would have been rushed back only to have a poor game or re-injure himself.

Us supporters have been crying out about players being given games on reputation for years. Looks like under Scott you will have to earn your spot. Bodes well when we now have positional depth.

Not surprising, at Norf Scott didn't even gift games to Harvey.
Rutten made him play a couple of games in the VFL and he still came back and wasn’t firing on all cylinders, it’s just a thing with him

It wouldn't surprise me. Guelf brings so much energy. I think he came on as the sub in a game last year or the year before and his energy and efforts shifted the momentum of the game. Can't remember who that was against but I think we won. Also, Scott loves Guelfi. He'll be selected sooner or later, unless he continues the weekend partyboy stuff I suppose.
GWS in 2021 I believe. We should have won it. I think Scott will try to get Guelfi into the 22 so it might mean Davey or Menzie as the sub.

Can Reserve Seat members enter by simply scanning their membership card or is there still the digital ticketing?

Looks like Essendon has gone Essington with its phone number being disconnected.
Membership card is good. I had no problem using mine on Sunday.

Dodoro and co aren't in match committee anymore.

im hoping this means the end of the teams games.
This is getting a bit tiresome inserting either Sheedy, Dodoro or Hird into every discussion on these forums as if they are the only reason this club has been crap for so long.

If you honestly think that Dodoro has that much power or would have the final say in selection you are delusional !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back