Preview Round 20, 2019: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Saturday 3rd August, 7:10PM ACST *DUNSTAN'S 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 49 67.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newnes would’ve been perfect because he has the tank to go far up the ground & can play accountable when he needs to. I’m not sure Parker has the smarts yet

Yeh the only real option for Laird is Sinclair, and I think we'd lose more than we would gain with that move. Unless Ratten retries the experiment of DMac as a defensive forward, or moves another defender to the role like Coffield or Savage.

I think it's more likely that we won't play a lockdown forward and just try to make sure that all of the forwards turn up the pressure to 100. Parker can can do that, as can Long and Lonie. If Battle plays forward then he will help in that regard, as his tackling as a forward last year was ferocious (and tackled Fyfe out of the game this year too).

And DMac isn’t?

He’ll get the job on Betts. It’s probably a better match up than Patton or Newnes anyway.

Parker is the one that needs to have a blinder and make an impact. He’s been poor in his last few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no but newnes was playing hff/wing. mckenzie isn't replacing him, nor is he playing his role. he's playing as a shut down player.

Second gastro bout this year. Bloody ridiculous.
Bloody Gastro!!! 😬

29bzuom.jpg

ROB vs Marshall should be a great contest. Tipping both to have big days. Hopefully Marshall can match him or close to in the taps. Should be the first of many battles they have.

I know you weren't suggesting it necessarily- but Roma has demonstrated to us and himself that he can match it with gawn in career best form.
He doesn't need to spend a second of his preparation worrying about anything other than his own game.

A shark doesn't swim around thinking about different ways to catch different fish.

They swim around knowing that no matter what the fish do- he's still gonna eat.

You reckon plugger or gtrain spent a second in preparation worrying about their opponents?

I actually have a theory that romas success has to do in part with his ability to genuinely tune out all the external noise (including instructions from coaches) and simply focus on his game.

He's been the ONE guy under richo this year who ALWAYS looked blissfully unaware of game situation or the win/loss situation or anything other than the ball on the field.

He backs himself in to the extreme, while his teammates have looked thoroughly overcoached with a million instructions and overburdened with the world on their shoulders.

If i were at the club I'd be making blokes like parker and long follow roma around all day and night- they need some more of what he's got... an unshakeable ability to tune out everything that isn't getting the ball and doing awesome things with it.

Props to the club for pulling off the most elaborate nose beers cover-up in the history of the game; special mention to Newnes and Paton for the lengths they have gone to in order to sell the lie to the general public.

I'm hearing the music.....the truth is out there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at some stage during the game my old mate DMacwill give me gastro with his descision making and skills , please prove me wrong , you have got a second chance when you didnt deserve it after your Sandy performance now make the most of it and PS , when you get it you are allowed to run and bounce and kick forward ;)

This looms as such a massive game. Win and we go in against Freo probably with Hannebery and Steven back... we will smash them. Makes the last two really interesting. Would just desperately love to win this game. Come on Sainters!

This looms as such a massive game. Win and we go in against Freo probably with Hannebery and Steven back... we will smash them. Makes the last two really interesting. Would just desperately love to win this game. Come on Sainters!
We are a chance but odds suggest 70/50 in their favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back