Autopsy Round 20, 2021 v Essendon - first win against Bombers at the MCG in 98 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Essendon are the only team to kick 100 points and then lose the game this season.

This was their 3rd time losing like that.

Wow still after the siren has gone that's all I could say.

Mills
Dawson
Parker
Kennedy
Lloyd

Astounding efforts today like above and beyond probably missed some as well.

Credit to essendon for bringing the pressure and essentially was goal to goal for 90% of the game.

Game of the season imo and we move from 6th finally
Helped by very biased umpiring

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cunningham has been great for us for a number of years now.
Has really come into his own with this role since Smooch retired I feel. Took a while to find his feet but his one of the first up on the board now.

fine when rampe climbed the post u whinge about the umps,and all sides fans too including a lot of us (i do)

but how can essendon fans actually think the umpires were against them today , baffling

fine when rampe climbed the post u whinge about the umps,and all sides fans too including a lot of us (i do)

but how can essendon fans actually think the umpires were against them today , baffling
Soft frees throughout. Bombers were gifted a lot of free kicks in the first half but they'll only remember Buddy's late in the game. No mention of how manhandled Buddy was all match. Didn't feel like umpiring was the difference, only bombers campaigning flogs would say otherwise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you know he would be good in defence? All the evidence is as an extra in defence, by that I mean he has no opponent. He was put there are few seasons ago and got completely found out

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

well hes *en useless as a forward, so may as well try him there

but i think he can take a mark overhead, spoil and reads the play

in attack he gets to the right spots, but muffs it or is outworked, he seems better to me doing the work on someone

how do any of us know anything? its all bullshit,

In case anyone was wondering, the Essendon board are in fact blaming the umpires.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Essendon fans find excuses after we beat them... no surprises there.

We were +59 in uncontested possessions. Everyone knows that our ball movement has been our strength this season, they just weren't able to counter it.

We just need to find a way to defend the centre clearances a bit better if we can't win them. Nearly cost us the match. I dare say if not for that we would have won comfortably.

Watching Merrett dominate today it really frustrates me that we haven't persisted more with Stephens.

Actually I have been one who has been a bit critical of him tbh but in time and given a fair crack that could be a really good comparison of his potential. Having said that atm our depth is making it hard for him.

Couldn’t buy a holding the ball for the majority the match, umps just letting some of the Essendon blokes drop it cold on a few occasions.

a very tense game and good candidate for a rewatch without the stress.

Parker was fantastic in the 3rd quarter and so been so good at lifting the side in the 2nd half of the year.

Mills kicking sublime, Dawson stickiest fingers. Heeney another good game. Papley the opportunist and Gulden the X factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back