Preview Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we can pressure the ball carrier like we did against the pies, we’ll be in with a big chance.

Their tall forwards are very concerning though. Big game for Blanck, he’ll be one out more than usual.

Maginess smashed Libba last time he played. Kept him to 18 touches.
Dogs still won the clearances 49-21. I doubt we will be throwing out our midfield structure to try and stop Libba. Nash to go with Bont to start but also the option to throw on to Libba.

I would send Finn to Dale or Daniel their 2 most damaging ball users

There is a perception that Libba is just about impossible to tag, a bit like Tom Mitchell back in the day, because of where he gets his touches. It'll be interesting to see if we try it. Bontempelli is absolutely red hot and the best player in the competition at the moment, it will be a great challenge for Nash.

Blanck is a good match up for Naughton, Weddle is a pretty good match up for Jamarra. Lots of people suggesting Seamus goes out this week, but I think he's a good fit for Weightman.

I think we'll see one or two changes, there are bound to be some sore players after that match.
Sic on Bont :cool:

Why do I imagine the Bont being a tougher ask for Finn than Naicos? Height? Forward ability, maybe?
Finn is not only a good runner with great endurance but he has size and strength. If Doggies move Bont (192cm) forward to expose Finn (189cm) with his 3cm height advantage fine it also takes him out of the middle where he does a lot of damage as well …….. probably a good time to test Finn’s effectiveness as a tagger to see if he can matchup on all types. Imagine if he did keep Bont quite straight after Daicos that would be awesome for the coaches to know. Is that why we have been playing Finn down back at BH at times to develop him in this area for when he tags the Bont types that float between the middle and forward 🤔

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see the dogs throwing the bont forward for an extended period of time to shake a tag, that’s a win for us. They have 3 key forwards already so unless two clear out he wont get clear 1v1’s.

They’ll back him to just beat Finn if that’s where he goes.

I’d tag Daniel personally, he killed us last time.

I don’t see the dogs throwing the bont forward for an extended period of time to shake a tag, that’s a win for us. They have 3 key forwards already so unless two clear out he wont get clear 1v1’s.

They’ll back him to just beat Finn if that’s where he goes.

I’d tag Daniel personally, he killed us last time.
I do see the dogs throwing

I can’t stand Frost more than the next bloke but he has to play. Our defenders played well on the weekend because they only had McStay and Mihocek to look after. We will be too undersized up against Lobb, JUH and Naughton. Frost and Amon in for Frenchy and Shammy. Morrison (as good as he was) sub.

DGB been playing forward mate he isn't coming in more likely Serong but i don't think that will happen

I think your right unfortunately, I would love to see Serong lets have a look. I can't see any negatives with 3 games to go.

After the center bounce lets get big boy Reeves to drop in the hole and Kosi push up do the ruck work around the ground.I think Kosi could also be very affective filling in the hole while he is in the ruck.

Last edited:
Would rather jeka over frost, he has had a good month in defence for box hill and could be a good matchup on lobb
Jeka had an injury issue hopefully it was only minor and he is right to go this week. If he plays it will be at box hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back